Coopers Community

Just to everyone

Cee

29 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I thought i'd add five cents here. My daughter who is the fittest gym goer ive ever seen in my life. 28 years old. Shes a fit lady.

She didnt have a single vaccine. She refused to get it on her principles, she caught covid.

Now she has serious heart problems. Her heart skips beats and races and she is generally pretty fckd at the moment. Would the vaccine of helped her? I think so, people may beg to differ, but i think it would have. I dont talk to her about it, i dont want to add to her stress.

I don't know @Pale Man , I have got into trouble on here before for having an opinion with Covid. But for me anyway vaccination is really a no brainer, the vaccines are safe and effective so I struggle to understand why people do not get vaccinated. I think that a lot of the newer generation have never been exposed to some of the horrors of diseases that were common some time ago - smallpox, tuberculosis, diptheria, polio et al and didn't see the terrible effects of those diseases and how vaccinations then eliminated them, well nearly all of them.

They say that the biggest effect of the newer strains of Covid is "long term Covid", I would really just rather be vaccinated.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I thought i'd add five cents here. My daughter who is the fittest gym goer ive ever seen in my life. 28 years old. Shes a fit lady.

She didnt have a single vaccine. She refused to get it on her principles, she caught covid.

Now she has serious heart problems. Her heart skips beats and races and she is generally pretty fckd at the moment. Would the vaccine of helped her? I think so, people may beg to differ, but i think it would have. I dont talk to her about it, i dont want to add to her stress.

Sorry to hear about the daughter, hope the heart settles and she can get back to normal.

Both of my sons would not get vaccinated, one was told "no vax no work", he was jabbed next day! (He is into the Conspiracies)

The other worked in a call centre and they were all asked to worked from home, he loved it. Wouldn't get vaccinated in the (misguided) hope that he won't be asked to come back to the office! Call centre closes in two weeks so now he's out of work.

Nothing I said to either of them seem to sink in.☹️

11 hours ago, Pale Man said:

They said the short time it took to develop a covid vaccine was not right.

I say our medical scientist these days are far far more developed and smarter than ever compared to yester year.

Give me a vaccine to avoid any of this crap and help my immune system. Were coming back to normal now and i believe its because 98% of the population are vaccinated. Ive been to four concerts in two weeks. Loving it. I' proud to say i'm triple vaccinated. I'll do what it takes to live life as normal.

i hope your daughter recovers  from  covid and i hope she comes to her senses when the immune side of covid passes and gets vaccinated.

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sorry to hear about the daughter, hope the heart settles and she can get back to normal.

Both of my sons would not get vaccinated, one was told "no vax no work", he was jabbed next day! (He is into the Conspiracies)

The other worked in a call centre and they were all asked to worked from home, he loved it. Wouldn't get vaccinated in the (misguided) hope that he won't be asked to come back to the office! Call centre closes in two weeks so now he's out of work.

Nothing I said to either of them seem to sink in.☹️

There is no if's or but's when it we are dealing with something like this, it kills people FFS !! I don't care what anybody says the government should have made it compulsory & that's that.

If any one individual decides they won't get vaccinated fine, go & live in the scrub somewhere & stop thinking about yourself & putting others at risk.

If that sounds too harsh, tough.

My nephew is one of them & if I could be bothered to travel 300km round trip I would drag him into a clinic, but that's my brother's job.

I can only imagine what would have happened when I was called up for National Service & I had said, Nah I'll pass thank's. 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

On 4/14/2022 at 1:27 PM, Pale Man said:

Hope all is well with your daughter mate 👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Back in ISO as a close contact since Easter Monday - no sign of symptoms - had Covid in Feb, and tripled vaxxed. Victorian rules relaxed tonight for close contacts - So I'm set free 2 days earlier, think I'll lay low just the same.

All the best Mick, take care. Cheers

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Back in ISO as a close contact since Easter Monday - no sign of symptoms - had Covid in Feb, and tripled vaxxed. Victorian rules relaxed tonight for close contacts - So I'm set free 2 days earlier, think I'll lay low just the same.

i still think being a close contact you need to do 5 days of rat testing to see if you have covid

anyway take mick and hope all is good

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i still think being a close contact you need to do 5 days of rat testing to see if you have covid

anyway take mick and hope all is good

Thanks Oz mate, I've been negative for 5 days now I'll stay home and do one more RAT on the 7th day before I head out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Good luck mate 🍀

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 2:09 AM, interceptor said:

Not bad actually, about 4 hours on the first night was shite

I would of thought all those lovely pints u drink would have sent those covid bugs running! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought I was past the covid thing but Wednesday I had a relapse.

Felt off during the day, Aches during the night.

next day all normal again!

go figure

That's really weird, so far I haven't even had to have a test, not had a single sympton, I have been triple vaxed.

I am not saying I am bullet proof but call it luck I suppose.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, Pale Man said:

Pale Man, hope you don't mind me asking..

How is the Daughter? did Her heart settle down?

I've heard of other "Fit people" who have taken it hard.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am not saying I am bullet proof but call it luck I suppose.

I did well, at work we had a massive outbreak, I was in rooms with covid positive very symptomatic people (full PPE) and did not get it.

It's odd, NFI where this came from