Coopers Community

Just to everyone

Cee

13 hours ago, Adam Ant said:

I reckon it's not a matter of who anymore but when. We'll all get this sooner than later I reckon. There's already 4 or 5 on this forum and before that I knew of nobody. 

I live in Sydney and know people who had the original strain, Delta strain and now this one.

It’s only a matter of time for me. I had my booster shot a few weeks ago. I’m just hoping my isolation coincides with a cricket test that goes the distance.

Edited by Hairy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

@jamiek86  yes we did have real power through this,  it was a real threat  that all truckies was going to pull up stumps  due to border closures  in how tough  the governments of each state was treating truck drivers .  but in hindsight  truckies would have been not just hurting the government, but they would have been hurting alot of innocent people  that also deserved there essential items,  not only that we would have been effecting ourselves and families if we decided to say enough is enough  and stopped the wheels rolling on trucks.

i had a debate with a copper over this as we had a small conversation on this with truckies arking up ,  he said to me it wont matter us coppers we wont be effected by truckies shut down

i said to him you need to rethink that ,   i said see that pen you write with  guess what at some point that was on truck,   your  fines book, i said how do you issue a fine  if the Truck dont deliver
them to your station,  he said we will send it out on email,  i then said who delivers the computers to your stations  to allow you to email it out.  i ended it there  and said doesnt matter who you are everything everyone does relies on a truck at some point , its the only way  that will bring a nation to a stand still,  people think  that isnt right but think hard enough a truck is widely used.

but i could have said  84 tests shove it  ,  but where does that leave me Jamie   ,  Driving is not just a job to me its life mate  i wouldnt dream of doing anything else

its all well and good to say shove it  , but  i want to get paid..   

you see  when you say we had the real power to shove it up the government , we are  not just targeting them we are targeting the likes of youand other innocent, and is that very fair

you ever want to see trucks to come to a stand still  

unfortunately with in a month - not much longer you may see the entire country shutdown as  Trucks are already finding it tough to find Adblue to keep the trucks rolling
what this means is   fuel will  be at a premium   as no fuel tanker will get to fill the bowsers becuase that fuel tanker relies on Adblue  which means you wont be able to go anywhere

no point in going to the super market  vege and meat turn up on trucks

this is a very real senario   

some say you can run water in the adblue tanks, wish it was easy as that

ya cant turn adblue of in trucks    and if you run a truck  with out adblue you go into limp mode
can you imagine a truck driving from Perth to melbourne in Limp mode

this is very much a reality

The Adblue scenario is a real worry. Even all the public transport buses run on that stuff.

@MUZZY kind of like how you have tried to be responsible through this but all you did was side step from how you done what had been originally asked then got screwed over.  Still well done for trying to be responsible. At the same time they are put there to represent us the trouble is we all have different opinions. You have the scared old people who know where money comes from every week who don't care who can do what. As long as they can sit and watch game shows in the afternoon and feel safe. They don't care who is out of work or can't see family. The politicians have only represented this side.  How can we apply for their job when they have avoided elections due to emergency powers? Court systems were not even open to challenge anything. Wouldn't you think the court system would be essential? Too many with the blinkers on. No different me only wanting what effects me the same as old hippy and the other scared people that will shut down and ruin everything for things that they are scared will effect them.

@ozdevil yes the whole ad blue thing might be real and in no way anyone's fault. Although through the initial border wars if most you truckies did stop it would not have been long before they caved and realised what they has done. Most people had still already stock piled anyway its not like many people would have been dead because of it through starvation.  Even then that would have been on the government for imposing such hardcore communist rules. The  problem through the whole thing and still is now is the media. Putting it all out there scaring people the whole time. 

Hope all is well @MUZZY, @PintsAtMeLocal and @stquinto. Take it easy fellas.

We almost had a similar Christmas @MUZZY. One relative was crook. Had done a rapid test and was clear but decided to stay home - but their dad came. On Boxing Day they received a positive from their official test. Caused a bit of a drama as the dad had thought he was in the clear because of the negative rapid test and no illness. No one has had any symptoms though and a few of us did some rapid tests over the last day or so. Not that it looks like they can be trusted as much as you'd like.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:42 AM, stquinto said:

WTF do I know, as I told my prospective father in law "I can't do much but I can fill a pram".

Haha. The best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

You have the scared old people who know where money comes from every week who don't care who can do what. As long as they can sit and watch game shows in the afternoon and feel safe. They don't care who is out of work or can't see family.
All the elderly members in my family can't get enough family time. They definitely care.

The politicians have only represented this side.  How can we apply for their job when they have avoided elections due to emergency powers?
I'm not sure where you get your information from. Maybe I've missed something but I'm unaware of any elections that haven't gone ahead. I know we have elections due for SA, Vic and Federally in 2022. They can't come soon enough.

Court systems were not even open to challenge anything. Wouldn't you think the court system would be essential? 
Once again where have you got this information from? From all the news sources I read the courts have been very active...mainly from appeals by LNP politicians trying to cover their ar$e$ from the dodgy dealings. Christian Porter springs to mind.

@MUZZY i didn't say the court's were not open now they weren't there for a long time at the start. In places like melbourne cbd and Victoria the most locked down city and state they weren't open at all most of the time. For a short amount of time they were doing video link hearings but were that backed up and un organised barely anything got resolved day after day was a total waste of time. I have this information from people I know have been waiting for their day in court even via video link for 18 months. They have taken days off work numerous times and sat in front of computer for hours only to find it was adjourned at the last minute. So you can imagine the business and people that are trying to sue the state government won't be in a hurry to hear that any time soon with the back log. 

We all have elderly members of the family who love to see their family but is still the overwhelming majority of elderly people who expect a lock down after someone coughs or they watch the news and hear of a few cases.  

Maby that's the problem of people like you who get their news source from the big boys in media. Local 6 o'clock news and the radio you believe what your being fed. Living in SA might also be part of the problem as they have locked its own country out for most of covid or made it that strict people didn't bother. I on the other hand can't speak for the news because it's rubbish I dont believe it or watch it. I do how ever have something even better than the news. I know people that have been in these situations with court system and people that have been apart of law suits vs government. I also live on NSW border and work on Victoria side. I have friends and family on opposite sides and have lived through the border wars from both sides and different rules and restrictions that have on a daily basis. You could say the same as a truckie travelling around but who puts up with way more than me.

You might however have me on the elections I was under the impression they had been postponed due to covid and emergency powers being in place. I know this is the case at least for some local council areas that have now just been done late but your mainstream search might give you something different than that.

Edit the biggest trouble with the border wars and rules changing so frequently was the cops had no idea what they were inforcing and checking on a daily basis. Plenty of times essential workers were turned away and other idiots who had nothing to do were let through. 

Edited by jamiek86

@jamiek86 I'm a little saddened you might think ol' Muzzy is incapable of critical thinking. Unable to sort media wheat from chaff. FYI - I generally read Aunty ABC's news and a smaller, independent local rag in Adelaide, InDaily.
Contrary to my high levels of alcohol consumption and my relatively modest work CV, you might be surprised to know I actually have a modicum of intelligence and common sense.

• Like 4

@MUZZY so if this is the case I find it odd that you would quote your media references and ask me where my facts were coming from? If you do broaden your horizons as you said then surely you knew of the court systems I mentioned before asking me where I got it from? That's was my other point about being in SA maby you really don't get propper news about other states over there. Yes high profile cases will always get priority in courts meanwhile communist leader Dan Andrews human rights violations and his police force going around cracking skulls will always keep getting dragged out. In the end they will all just say they can't recall and get away with it anyway.

But no I wasn't intentionally trying to say you were an idiot at all. If anything really shocked at the quick turn around by hard done by vaccinated muzz to sticking up for the government and the reasons they had.

Anyway this has been a good chance for everyone to voice an opinion without all out war from the different point of views. I really hope it stays that way as I have read everything else said by others and thought about it deeply regardless of my thoughts being different. cheers mate no hard feelings get better fast 👍 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY so if this is the case I find it odd that you would quote your media references and ask me where my facts were coming from? If you do broaden your horizons as you said then surely you knew of the court systems I mentioned before asking me where I got it from? That's was my other point about being in SA maby you really don't get propper news about other states over there. Yes high profile cases will always get priority in courts meanwhile communist leader Dan Andrews human rights violations and his police force going around cracking skulls will always keep getting dragged out. In the end they will all just say they can't recall and get away with it anyway.

But no I wasn't intentionally trying to say you were an idiot at all. If anything really shocked at the quick turn around by hard done by vaccinated muzz to sticking up for the government and the reasons they had.

Anyway this has been a good chance for everyone to voice an opinion without all out war from the different point of views. I really hope it stays that way as I have read everything else said by others and thought about it deeply regardless of my thoughts being different. cheers mate no hard feelings get better fast 👍 

No hard feelings here. Thanks for the good wishes.
Reason I quoted my news sources is because ABC don't rely on advertising income to get their messages out. InDaily do need advertising income but they have good local content for SA and they aren't Murdoch.
I wasn't really sticking up for the government. I was more sticking up for the police. Which brings me to the point of them cracking skulls. Did you see this on the NSW/Vic border or just relying what you've heard or seen from your media sources? I've seen lots of videos of certain situations over the years portraying police as the bad guys. One that springs to mind is a Vic cop arresting a resisting offender and another cop gives the offender a knee (or kick) to the kidneys while he's down. What the video didn't show was the unlicenced offender on meth in a stolen car driving at speed on a suburban road on the wrong side of the road putting numerous lives at risk. I'd personally like to buy that cop a beer and ask him why he only kicked him once.
In most of my own personal dealings with police I've found them to be very professional but they are merely human like us all. With that in mind, it makes me ask why a cop might resort to something that you might consider unprofessional? And my first thought is provocation.
I have little empathy for violent protestors. I'm not even that keen on passive protestors that like to make their point by blocking the roads I need to drive on. If you want to protest, PROTEST! But don't make it my problem. You certainly won't garner any support by pi55ing people off. (I'm referring to protestors, not you personally, Jamie)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

You might however have me on the elections I was under the impression they had been postponed due to covid and emergency powers being in place. I know this is the case at least for some local council areas that have now just been done late but your mainstream search might give you something different than that.

NSW had local elections recently; just a few weeks ago.

We even had a sausage sizzle. The government tried to stop it with their emergency powers but they weren’t powerful enough to stop the Democracy Sausage.

• Like 2

@MUZZY totally agree with people blocking roads or train stations etc wrong way to do it. But there has been plenty of situations in Victoria where the protest has been innocent and respectful until the police come along and use un nessasary force and it turns violent. Anyone who thinks they are only doing their job to come along and arrest people out walking around their city chanting freedom are scum bags. People bashed with battons slammed to the ground and skulls cracked shot in the head with rubber bullets. A group of them will surround the easiest target to arrest that's where people get hurt.

There are police now awaiting trial who have gone way to far over the top and as soon as the video is posted it's removed. The last one I saw was a young bloke at Flinders St station talking peacefully to one police officer when another came in from behind swung him to the ground with intention to hurt. You could hear the skull crack from a distance and the shock of the policeman who was talking peaceful to the person. Many more similar ones all in Victoria.  I can see has been many more replies popping up now after play cricket with kids if they are legit comments and not personally directed at my opinion I will reply later.

Aborigines pulled from their homes by the army most of them fully vaccinated and put in to quarantine camps the list goes on. 

Edited by jamiek86

28 minutes ago, Hairy said:

NSW had local elections recently; just a few weeks ago.

We even had a sausage sizzle. The government tried to stop it with their emergency powers but they weren’t powerful enough to stop the Democracy Sausage.

Sausages are very powerful, Hairy. They even power V8 Supercars.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/sausages-helping-hazelwoods-development/

• Haha 3

@Hairy it must have been similar things over the years had convinced me we were over due for election I could have sworn they were postponed. That's the most hurtful thing about this covid they think they have the power to stop Aussies having a barbie? I bet in parliament house behind closed doors they get up to all sorts of dodgy stuff. Un safe sex without wearing a mask or social distancing. I reckon they sizzled a few sausages too 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like my youngest brother he is all over poxbook, crapchat and twitwits.  Subscribes to all sorts of click bait rubbish.

I tried to explain to him that these things are posted up so they get clicked on and the poster gets paid $ per click from the attached advertisers, if something is a good money spinner /clicker then other person re-posts it somewhere else under a different guise.

The apps (on phones in particular) know more about you than you know about yourself.  They have your profile based on what you looked at in the past, present and they will feed you the exact same rubbish time and time again to boost advertising incomes in the future.  I know as I used to write the code for some apps.

My poor bother is so embedded in the fake conspiracy stuff he will never recover unfortunately.  He believes there are rouge planets spinning around us and our solar system that makes the moon tip upside down.  Its true because some click baiter posted a pic of the moon upside down so he spends hours at night trying to see it for himself.

Also there are civilizations living under the earth building massive cities and tunnels and one day they will all come to the surface and take over.   That is apparently why we are having all these volcanic eruptions and earth quakes.

There is a secret society living among us that have access to the high speed underground train type network running between all capital cities of the world and they can travel whenever and where ever they like.  There is "apparently" one of these stations under the new parliament house in Canberra.

Unfortunately I cannot reason with him and discuss with evidence based physics, chemistry or any other means as its a lost cause.

The sooner these platforms are held accountable for the harm they do the better.   And they can pay some bloody AU$ tax.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Popo said:

Not that it looks like they can be trusted as much as you'd like.

Same for me mate. I did two of the b*ggers and they were both negative , then did a PCR in a chemist and bingo it was positive. 
I’m not that crook, in the old days you’d call it a cold. 
If it’s that transmissible we’re all going to get it. At least the evidence from South Africa suggests that this flavour isn’t putting too many in hospital, and if so, not for too long. 
Anyway, back to the bunker for me, going to do a brew 😃

Got a Coopers Ale clone to bottle too 👍

Happy New Year!

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, disgruntled said:

Be careful creatin g a thread like this>>>> it has been the catalyst for a few fights here.

Well I chose my words carefully

Tried to avoid cat-o-lists or cat-o-ninetails of all descriptions 😄

Tried to say what I needed to say in a way that side-stepped all possible cats (I like cats - I don't wanna NOT side step them)

If the thread goes catalytic, I tryst there are mods to shut it down. All intent was... well... as I wrote it, I guess, lol 🙂 I ain't responsibubble if goodwill gets perverted here

I just kinda feel there's enough heart in this forum that it can be read it as it's intended

And if not.....

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 4:21 PM, Adam Ant said:

Just on that one line there, do you care to elaborate?

And also lads, get better soon, keep us updated. 

All I mean is...

In highly emotional times it can be easy to get caught up in "Hyped Ideas"

History is full of such times

So yeah...  I have no particular agenda or point "behind the words - I guess I mean, "In General"

Keep reason in your mind

And keep your heart true to you

You've gotta be IN the world, not OF the world, and when the world goes a little crazy, you don't have to go too 🙂

I do (of course) have my own perspectives about many things - but I don't come to Coopers forums to vent that stuff 👍

• Like 4

On 12/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Pickles Jones said:

I believe the number of people who have presented with Covid to hospitals that would require admission has reduced.  However it is reported that those who have not had their Jabs are now over represented in admissions.

Hospitals run at 100% capacity (look at the waiting lists) and in the time of emergencies, for presentations that can't readily be accommodated, unfortunately those on the Elective Surgery list get bumped off to make way.

These cancellations can be very hard for those people who require what is classified elective treatment which is part of their diagnosis or on going treatment.

Secondary to this statement, I would also love to print some Tee Shirts that say, "Ask An Ambo"

Or, "Ask A Nurse"

I know the ambo service has been hit hard

As much as some alledged People wish to claim PTSD for being locked in their air-con, comupter filled, fridge stacked, beer brewed, tv laden, comfy pillowed houses, etc, I'd love to point to my chest at a T-Shirt like that

• Like 5

Covid

Be smart

Don't be misled

Your family (if you have them) are diamonds

Your friends are gold

And your fellow Cooperarians are Frankincense and Myrrh

Immune system is number 1

Please, take care

That's all

Because I kinda get scared about you guys / gals / etceteras getting sick - there I said it

Ahem

Back to brewin.

Again.

• Like 6

Well we’re all grown ups (notwithstanding what our respective SWMBOs might have to say on the matter 😱) so if you can’t exchange different opinions you might as well live in …. Somewhere North of you and East of me, if you all get my drift. 

2022 had better be better than 2020/21 but all I can say is thanks to all of you fellas (and Christina) for keeping everything going swimmingly! And to the folks at Coopers obvs 😃

Happy New Year!

• Like 8