Be smart

Don't be misled

Your family (if you have them) are diamonds

Your friends are gold

And your fellow Cooperarians are Frankincense and Myrrh

Immune system is number 1

Please, take care

That's all

Because I kinda get scared about you guys / gals / etceteras getting sick - there I said it

Ahem

Back to brewin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I'm pretty sure my family and I have it. We're off to get tested shortly. Fortunately we're all vaccinated and the symptoms have been fairly mild so far. I've had worse flu than this before.

The worst part from my point of view is now having to isolate. I love staying home but I don't like not being able to duck out when I want.

I'm very grateful for the medicos whom created the vaccines.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

57 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks @Shamus O'Sean. It's looking likely it is Covid. A few more people from our Xmas lunch have now got symptoms too. At this stage no one is gravely ill, just flu like symptoms. Hopefully it stays that way.

Hope it stays mild Muzz. I'm man down this side. Thought I was up and ready for the day this morning , back in bed now. Aches and fatigue the worst, as I've mentioned a few times. Oh well just gotta ride it out. Almost time for an ale 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Hope it stays mild Muzz. I'm man down this side. Thought I was up and ready for the day this morning , back in bed now. Aches and fatigue the worst, as I've mentioned a few times. Oh well just gotta ride it out. Almost time for an ale 

It's affected me the same way, Pints. Had a slight headache and throat tickle this morning. Body was a bit sore but that's not unusual for my age. Then this afternoon I sat in the car for a few hours to get tested and now I feel flatter than Calista Flockhart. Don't have any breathing issues which is a blessing. Enjoy your ale. Cheers!

Screenshot_2021-12-28-19-59-00-38.jpg

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@MUZZY  How did you go with your covid Test results?   

I hope it was the omricon virus you obtained as that is milder then delta strain  

but having covid   will give you greater immunity as well   so there is a positive coming out of covid

and by being vaccinated it  is positively keeping you away from icu and a ventilator

I hope you and @PintsAtMeLocal  and your family all pull through it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@ozdevil No results yet. My son had his test 3 days ago - nothing heard yet. I had mine yesterday - nothing heard. However, my son's MIL who was with us on Xmas day also got sick. She got tested and has Covid. Her result came through sooner because she gets priority as a pathology worker. I forgot to ask what strain it might be. We have about 10 cases in our family cluster and nobody is having respiratory problems, so I suspect it's Omicron. The sickness isn't too bad. I've felt worse when I had flu before.
Thanks for the good wishes.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

@ozdevil No results yet. My son had his test 3 days ago - nothing heard yet. I had mine yesterday - nothing heard. However, my son's MIL who was with us on Xmas day also got sick. She got tested and has Covid. Her result came through sooner because she gets priority as a pathology worker. I forgot to ask what strain it might be. We have about 10 cases in our family cluster and nobody is having respiratory problems, so I suspect it's Omicron. The sickness isn't too bad. I've felt worse when I had flu before.
Thanks for the good wishes.

yeah i get my results aspretty quick with SA Pathology  if i do covid testing there as  truckies are also priority  
as well as in Victoria if they do interstate work like i do..

lets hope it was the omricon strain muzzy  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

Cheers @jamiek86, just found it 😉

At least @MUZZY had the decency to put a picture up, fried eggs on a plate an' all 😂

I'm all vacced up, so's the missus, but the kids will have to isolate with me. But the handy thing is that the lad (just turned 16) will get a certificate saying he's cured of it, so he can go into restaurants (and pubs). He's not mad keen on vaccinating, which I can understand, but although it's not obligatory here, they make so you pretty much have no choice as you can't go anywhere.

I'm not pushing opinions here, just telling you fellas what it's like here. Just the facts.

Being in the middle of Europe it's just not feasible to close the borders, so everyone has to pretty much live with it one way or another. What they worry about here is running out of ICU beds. There's a sh*t load of capacity as there are quite a few military hospitals in standby, but at the end of the day not enough people to staff them, so it makes no difference.

So far I'm looking good symptom-wise, hope it is good for all of you others out there @MUZZY and @PintsAtMeLocal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

it's the same here people getting forced into vaccination one way or another but the government moving the goal post is the problem. People appear to be blind and stupid. We will be normal at 70% then 80 then 90 now we are 95%? we are expected to check in and wear a mask lol no chance from me.

There always be vulnerable ppl out there don't shut down states or countries for them just saying. Love it or hate my opinion I don't care I keep trying to say nothing and people keep putting it on here. Don't let the government keep moving the goal post use your brain. Vaccinated don't isolate or get a test if nothing but a runny nose and fatigue.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Cheers @jamiek86, just found it 😉

At least @MUZZY had the decency to put a picture up, fried eggs on a plate an' all 😂

I'm all vacced up, so's the missus, but the kids will have to isolate with me. But the handy thing is that the lad (just turned 16) will get a certificate saying he's cured of it, so he can go into restaurants (and pubs). He's not mad keen on vaccinating, which I can understand, but although it's not obligatory here, they make so you pretty much have no choice as you can't go anywhere.

I'm not pushing opinions here, just telling you fellas what it's like here. Just the facts.

Being in the middle of Europe it's just not feasible to close the borders, so everyone has to pretty much live with it one way or another. What they worry about here is running out of ICU beds. There's a sh*t load of capacity as there are quite a few military hospitals in standby, but at the end of the day not enough people to staff them, so it makes no difference.

So far I'm looking good symptom-wise, hope it is good for all of you others out there @MUZZY and @PintsAtMeLocal

Thanks, Dave.

Our symptoms are just like a flu. No respiratory problems.

My frustrations now are with the government's rules changes. We locked down, we distanced, we worked from home, we masked up, we got vaxed. We did everything asked of us to get borders reopened and back to normal. They opened the borders and I've contracted Covid because of it. I can tolerate getting the disease because I have the confidence of being vaccinated but they still expect us to quarantine, test and so on. So what was the point of making all these sacrifices over the past two years? The mofos haven't put enough resources into the health system to account for the increase in cases that were always going to happen once borders reopened. The government sh17s me!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1