Coopers Community

Just to everyone

Cee

Wow my early sunday mornings have now been ruined 
every morning i was 1st in line at the covid testing to get a pcr test
drove around like a cut snake  on friday to find rat tests   found 2 packets
and was last ones on the shelf  

just got of the covid hotline in South Australia   to have them tell me as of 11:59pm 31st of December 2021
you can enter S.A  and no longer need a pcr or rat test to enter  and the unsurprising thing they said you no longer have to be vaccinated to enter   .  and here i am triple jabbed

anyway i am happy now that the necessary people can use the rat tests and pcr test

my finish count of tests

84 pcr tests
0 rat tests (my 2 boxes are just going to sit in the cupboard now as i will need them in 2 months crossing the boarder to Tasmania

back to sunday morning brewing sessions for me unless i am playing that horrible game called golf

• Like 3

@ozdevil dont expect it to last long NSW dropped the masks and check ins for maby a week. Then the media flood in case numbers and everyone panicky like an idiot and bring stuff back in. I hope you get a small break from it but with the morons in charge don't expect it to last long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil dont expect it to last long NSW dropped the masks and check ins for maby a week. Then the media flood in case numbers and everyone panicky like an idiot and bring stuff back in. I hope you get a small break from it but with the morons in charge don't expect it to last long.

so did victoria part from the check in jamie 

any break from it  is welcomed by me  

but will tow the line  if testing needs to happen again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

so did victoria part from the check in jamie 

any break from it  is welcomed by me  

but will tow the line  if testing needs to happen again

no the communist state hasn't dropped anything yet where I live on nsw side no one really cares anymore. Not many doing it or even checking this time around, we got our 95% for state everyone over it.

• Confused 1

@MUZZY  I just got wind of your situation.  How you managed to avoid this virus as a bus driver through lockdown after lockdown only to catch the damn thing at home after changing jobs is beyond me - but somehow I reckon we are all destined to get it eventually.  

Best wishes to you and yours.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

@MUZZY  I just got wind of your situation.  How you managed to avoid this virus as a bus driver through lockdown after lockdown only to catch the damn thing at home after changing jobs is beyond me - but somehow I reckon we are all destined to get it eventually.  

Best wishes to you and yours.

Thanks for the good wishes, Jim.
It probably does seem at odds to you living in Melbourne but we had very little Covid in the community in SA over the past two years until they opened the borders on 23/11/21 and in it came. And I reckon you're right, I think almost everyone will get it eventually. It spread like wild fire through my extended family after our Xmas dinner. Fortunately it's only been mild illness for us all.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Today is get out day. 

Hey Muzzy, as I have been shifting I have had minimal time on the forum& using my phone although the Computer is set up I can hot spot.

It appears I have missed your incident with isolation, I hope all is well with you & your family & you are all OK.

Cheers for the New Year. 🥳

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well it's my turn, I've managed to catch Covid.

Day 2 and every joint aches, deep cough.

Could not have come at a worst time, I have family over from Perth and Melbourne

And a engagement party to go to on Saturday.

Not any more, Isolation for 7 days, depending on when the Wife catches it, or not. 😟

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Could not have come at a worst time, I have family over from Perth and Melbourne

Not any more, Isolation for 7 days, depending on when the Wife catches it, or not. 😟

Bugger David, sorry to hear that, I guess all you can do is sit tight & shake it, I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep well, Cheers Phil.

Anyway have a beer 🍻

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Hopefully these are the worst symptoms you suffer, mate, and you start to feel better quickly.
PS. This would be a good time to drink any sh!t beers you might have....while your taste buds are on vacation. 😉 

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MUZZY said:

Hopefully these are the worst symptoms you suffer, mate, and you start to feel better quickly.
PS. This would be a good time to drink any sh!t beers you have....while your taste buds are on vacation. 😉 

Haha, yes I do have an off batch, I'll give it a nudge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update: Wife tested positive today.

I'm feeling much better, just a heavy cough.

Felt good enough to do a bottle and brew, needed a sit down after I'd finished thou.

For me it was three days of hell and now the cough, very fatiguing.

I know others have had it easier and other's do it real tough.

Wednesday I can rejoin the world...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Felt good enough to do a bottle and brew, needed a sit down after I'd finished thou.

You are not having a very good run David, now the wife, I hope you both recover quickly & get back to normal life.

I must have been kissed by a fairy, I haven't even had a test let alone catching anything, I am triple vaxed though.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, DavidM said:

Same same for me too DavidM, got it back in Feb when working. I can happily report that almost back to normal. Still a bit tired and can get slightly out of breath from time to time but pretty good really - especially considering what some folk report. Get well soon mate and all the best for the wife as well.

• Thanks 1

WhoooHoo, Freedom day

I'm all cleared by the Gov. even have a certificate to say I'm good to go.

Thanks for all your concern, three days were tough with aching joints and the Cough.

But over all it was just a very bad cold.

I feel good but still have a cough, acts up as it get's humid into the night.

Wife is the same, she is free Saturday and we are both playing Golf that day.

Stay safe, it's not worth catching but if you do, make sure your partner get's it at about the same time.

Cut's down on the isolation! 🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

WhoooHoo, Freedom day

I'm all cleared by the Gov. even have a certificate to say I'm good to go.

Thanks for all your concern, three days were tough with aching joints and the Cough.

But over all it was just a very bad cold.

I feel good but still have a cough, acts up as it get's humid into the night.

Wife is the same, she is free Saturday and we are both playing Golf that day.

Stay safe, it's not worth catching but if you do, make sure your partner get's it at about the same time.

Cut's down on the isolation! 🙂

Good to hear that you are both OK mate, I have been lucky, people all over the place seem to be getting it, even one of my drinking mates & fellow member of our forum. The thing that always puzzles me apart from the obvious symptoms & feeling off colour, do you actually find out how you contracted it ? 

I have never even been tested. I enjoy good health, I have been triple vaxed, wear a mask everywhere so I am buggered if I know how it still looms around making a misery of peoples lives.

Let's hope it all get's back to normal soon.

• Like 1

Like you Phil, I had never been tested, wear a mask when out, triple vaxed. And no you don't find out, best guess..

I did go to the pub on the Saturday night with a group, off the group I was the only one to catch it (apart from Wife, who caught it off me).

Let's hope you and others, keep just missing it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Like you Phil, I had never been tested, wear a mask when out, triple vaxed. And no you don't find out, best guess..

I did go to the pub on the Saturday night with a group, off the group I was the only one to catch it (apart from Wife, who caught it off me).

Let's hope you and others, keep just missing it!

Well for what it's worth I know lot's of people in the same boat but I guess it is down to the luck of the draw.

• Like 1

I thought i'd add five cents here. My daughter who is the fittest gym goer ive ever seen in my life. 28 years old. Shes a fit lady.

She didnt have a single vaccine. She refused to get it on her principles, she caught covid.

Now she has serious heart problems. Her heart skips beats and races and she is generally pretty fckd at the moment. Would the vaccine of helped her? I think so, people may beg to differ, but i think it would have. I dont talk to her about it, i dont want to add to her stress.

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I thought i'd add five cents here. My daughter who is the fittest gym goer ive ever seen in my life. 28 years old. Shes a fit lady.

She didnt have a single vaccine. She refused to get it on her principles, she caught covid.

Now she has serious heart problems. Her heart skips beats and races and she is generally pretty fckd at the moment. Would the vaccine of helped her? I think so, people may beg to differ, but i think it would have. I dont talk to her about it, i dont want to add to her stress.

Let's hope she is going to be OK, I have a nephew who refuses to get vaccinated & I got up my brother (his father) & told him to sort it but they seem to think it will just go away & they are bullet proof. I feel for anyone who has got caught up in it but the vaccines are there to help so just do it, I say.

• Like 1