Coopers Community

Just to everyone

Cee

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks, Dave.

Our symptoms are just like a flu. No respiratory problems.

My frustrations now are with the government's rules changes. We locked down, we distanced, we worked from home, we masked up, we got vaxed. We did everything asked of us to get borders reopened and back to normal. They opened the borders and I've contracted Covid because of it. I can tolerate getting the disease because I have the confidence of being vaccinated but they still expect us to quarantine, test and so on. So what was the point of making all these sacrifices over the past two years? The mofos haven't put enough resources into the health system to account for the increase in cases that were always going to happen once borders reopened. The government sh17s me!

Glad to hear the symptoms aren't too bad Muzz. But I get ya. Not for me to pass judgement on the strategies where you are, but as I mentioned zero COVID was never an option in Europe, because everything is interconnected (literally in many cases). All the restirctions seem to do is kick the can down the road. Don't get me wrong, I got vaccinated (and boosted) as soon as it was available for my age group, even though naturally I have the body of a Greek God and it is hard to improve on perfection 😂

Anyway, this variant doesn't seem as vicious as the previous ones, so if it protects the Greek Gods amongst us from hospitalisation and the younger ones tend to get a milder form of it, so be it, and eventually herd immunity will happen.

WTF do I know, as I told my prospective father in law "I can't do much but I can fill a pram".

Having said that, it doesn't stop some people (journos for example) becoming experts in virology when the week before they were writing up a review of  last night's "Married at First Sight"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@MUZZY this was always going to happen just only some of us could see it from.the beginning. Why is there more people in the hospital with such a high vaccination rate? People are scared from the news and the radio and things like total case numbers. Infections in the community all the words they use to scare you from wanting your freedom. 

Do yourselves a favour don't watch the news and if hear covid on the radio turn it off. Yes it will be turned off every couple of minutes but turn it back on for a song again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 12:30 PM, MUZZY said:

I'm pretty sure my family and I have it. We're off to get tested shortly. Fortunately we're all vaccinated and the symptoms have been fairly mild so far. I've had worse flu than this before.

The worst part from my point of view is now having to isolate. I love staying home but I don't like not being able to duck out when I want.

I'm very grateful for the medicos whom created the vaccines.

Here's hoping all you Muzzy's get better real soon. Take care mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:21 PM, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Hope it stays mild Muzz. I'm man down this side. Thought I was up and ready for the day this morning , back in bed now. Aches and fatigue the worst, as I've mentioned a few times. Oh well just gotta ride it out. Almost time for an ale 

Get better soon mate, take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adam Ant said:

From what i can see there isn't, hospital numbers are low aren't they?

thats what I think but people keep mentioning how it's because the hospitals can't cope is the reason we are still isolating and stuff. Hospitals have always been full of sick people that's why they are there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam Ant said:

From what i can see there isn't, hospital numbers are low aren't they?

I believe the number of people who have presented with Covid to hospitals that would require admission has reduced.  However it is reported that those who have not had their Jabs are now over represented in admissions.

Hospitals run at 100% capacity (look at the waiting lists) and in the time of emergencies, for presentations that can't readily be accommodated, unfortunately those on the Elective Surgery list get bumped off to make way.

These cancellations can be very hard for those people who require what is classified elective treatment which is part of their diagnosis or on going treatment.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY this was always going to happen just only some of us could see it from.the beginning. Why is there more people in the hospital with such a high vaccination rate? People are scared from the news and the radio and things like total case numbers. Infections in the community all the words they use to scare you from wanting your freedom. 

Do yourselves a favour don't watch the news and if hear covid on the radio turn it off. Yes it will be turned off every couple of minutes but turn it back on for a song again. 

I'm no expert but I figure there's more people in hospital because restrictions got lifted. If you look at Victoria's hospitalisations/deaths/ventilations versus case numbers I'm sure you'll find the percentages were higher before vaccinations were rolled out and people were locked up than what they are now ie. high case numbers now but lower percentage of people needing critical care.
I used Victoria as an example because they had things rather bad. I live in SA. I'm livid with the state govt for not resourcing the health services well enough before opening borders. We got vaccinated like they asked so we could go back to normal. Naturally cases were going to increase with restrictions lifted but now they're saying the system won't cop. Please stay home. FFS.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I'm no expert but I figure there's more people in hospital because restrictions got lifted. If you look at Victoria's hospitalisations/deaths/ventilations versus case numbers I'm sure you'll find the percentages were higher before vaccinations were rolled out and people were locked up than what they are now ie. high case numbers now but lower percentage of people needing critical care.
I used Victoria as an example because they had things rather bad. I live in SA. I'm livid with the state govt for not resourcing the health services well enough before opening borders. We got vaccinated like they asked so we could go back to normal. Naturally cases were going to increase with restrictions lifted but now they're saying the system won't cop. Please stay home. FFS.

I tip my hat to the doctors and nurses dealing with this situation and still trying to live a normal life with their families wondering if your bringing it home. Another problem I guess is doctors and nurses don’t grow on trees. Best wishes to the guys that have Covid on this site and thankfully you appear to be vaccinated with minor symptoms probably as a result. (Touch wood) 

• Like 4

@MUZZY the system never did cope with it before covid the government is just full of controlling twats! With all the able bodied people on centrelink payments in each state there is no reason tent's can't be set up everywhere. It's not rocket science to offer someone comfort or say breath in this you don't need proper training for everything. 

Really the only people getting extremely sick are the ones who chose not to get the jab. So if they are the ones filling the hospitals throw them in the tents with the dole bludgers and say too bad so sad we will get to you if have a chance. Keep the hospital for non covid related problems.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Really the only people getting extremely sick are the ones who chose not to get the jab. So if they are the ones filling the hospitals throw them in the tents with the dole bludgers and say too bad so sad we will get to you if have a chance. Keep the hospital for non covid related problems.

A very simplistic approach and I won't say I completely disagree but I think you know as well as I do it could never happen.

• Like 1

It was a very pleasant drive today going over to South Australia.   

why,  there was not a copper in sight of the border control  

Mind you  the past few weeks   the coppers have been allowing us truckies to keep moving
through  other days the coppers still checked us depending on their moods but however
I must say the coppers on The borders at Mt Gambier was a great bunch to deal with and no hassles 
to us truckies unless you was stupid enough to ark up over nothing.

only 1 time did the truckies have a hell of a time with the coppers all due to a south australian bungle by there politicians
which nearly brought South Australia to a stand still if they hadnt of changed that stupid ruling.  

The rule came in about 8am   that all truckies had to pcr tested before entering South Australia
even i got turned around that day   those on the western hwy going to Adelaide was lucky  they basicly had testers on the door step
where as those down the mt gambier  had to turn around  and head to casterton and drive a bullt out of a gate to get to casterton hospital
I got there @ midday as i had drive back to dartmoor and cut across

My boss was not happy  started to head back to hamilton  boss rang and said no fricken go  
he said turn back and just pleed   with ya life  

get back to the border  they asked if i had a test  i said nope i was going to do it  when i arrived but at the other  border check they said
we must test, she said yes , the rule just came in as long as you test with in the 1st 12 hours of being in S.A you will be good 
So next stop was mt gambier showgrounds  straight for a pcr test

This wasnt the coppers fault it was the government of South Australia   it could have put S.A  i a stand still..

But i am glad i do not have to PCR test anymore 84  pcr test  for 84 negative  results
my nose  is going be thankful and will n long bleed  on command

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Adam Ant said:

I reckon it's not a matter of who anymore but when. We'll all get this sooner than later I reckon. There's already 4 or 5 on this forum and before that I knew of nobody. 

your right,   its a matter of when .  

I dont worry about the daily case rates anymore considering the country is 90%  double vaxed

i look at the hospitalizations  that are in icu and deaths   we have

its proving that  omricon  is 70% milder according to medical experts

and hospilizations we have   majority of those cases if not all are unvaccinated

I was speaking to a covid nurse one  anti vaxxor   copped delta landed in icu and is now dead, but this nurse said before he passed  just give me the jab now

unfortunately its little to late when you get to icu

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@ozdevil you truckies had the real power through all of this I know u think we all need to get paid. Also they couldn't replace you all that fast you had the real power to stick it up.the state governments. I know I would have told them to shove 84 of the tests surely you all at least spoke of it?

2 hours ago, Adam Ant said:

I reckon it's not a matter of who anymore but when. We'll all get this sooner than later I reckon. There's already 4 or 5 on this forum and before that I knew of nobody. 

thats right when will people stop the blind compliance and make it easier for the rest of us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

thats right when will people stop the blind compliance and make it easier for the rest of us

We live in a community. The police provide that community with safety. We might not agree with every law written and it's likely the police don't agree with all the laws they enforce either but we comply for the greater good of the community. It's not always only about ME. We have have to think of our fellow man. The rule makers might not always get it right, which can be frustrating but they are there to do that job. If I don't like the way they do it I can always put my hand up for the job. If I'm not prepared to take that responsibility I need to suck it up. Alternatively I can always vote for someone whom I think can do the job better.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil you truckies had the real power through all of this I know u think we all need to get paid. Also they couldn't replace you all that fast you had the real power to stick it up.the state governments. I know I would have told them to shove 84 of the tests surely you all at least spoke of it?

@jamiek86  yes we did have real power through this,  it was a real threat  that all truckies was going to pull up stumps  due to border closures  in how tough  the governments of each state was treating truck drivers .  but in hindsight  truckies would have been not just hurting the government, but they would have been hurting alot of innocent people  that also deserved there essential items,  not only that we would have been effecting ourselves and families if we decided to say enough is enough  and stopped the wheels rolling on trucks.

i had a debate with a copper over this as we had a small conversation on this with truckies arking up ,  he said to me it wont matter us coppers we wont be effected by truckies shut down

i said to him you need to rethink that ,   i said see that pen you write with  guess what at some point that was on truck,   your  fines book, i said how do you issue a fine  if the Truck dont deliver
them to your station,  he said we will send it out on email,  i then said who delivers the computers to your stations  to allow you to email it out.  i ended it there  and said doesnt matter who you are everything everyone does relies on a truck at some point , its the only way  that will bring a nation to a stand still,  people think  that isnt right but think hard enough a truck is widely used.

but i could have said  84 tests shove it  ,  but where does that leave me Jamie   ,  Driving is not just a job to me its life mate  i wouldnt dream of doing anything else

its all well and good to say shove it  , but  i want to get paid..   

you see  when you say we had the real power to shove it up the government , we are  not just targeting them we are targeting the likes of youand other innocent, and is that very fair

you ever want to see trucks to come to a stand still  

unfortunately with in a month - not much longer you may see the entire country shutdown as  Trucks are already finding it tough to find Adblue to keep the trucks rolling
what this means is   fuel will  be at a premium   as no fuel tanker will get to fill the bowsers becuase that fuel tanker relies on Adblue  which means you wont be able to go anywhere

no point in going to the super market  vege and meat turn up on trucks

this is a very real senario   

some say you can run water in the adblue tanks, wish it was easy as that

ya cant turn adblue of in trucks    and if you run a truck  with out adblue you go into limp mode
can you imagine a truck driving from Perth to melbourne in Limp mode

this is very much a reality

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MUZZY said:

We live in a community. The police provide that community with safety. We might not agree with every law written and it's likely the police don't agree with all the laws they enforce either but we comply for the greater good of the community. It's not always only about ME. We have have to think of our fellow man. The rule makers might not always get it right, which can be frustrating but they are there to do that job. If I don't like the way they do it I can always put my hand up for the job. If I'm not prepared to take that responsibility I need to suck it up. Alternatively I can always vote for someone whom I think can do the job better.