Coopers Community

Community Trading Post - freebies - wanted - swap - sell

iBooz2

Thought I would start a thread for those of us that have some brewing stuff that is surplus to requirements, want to see if other community members have something to give away, sell, swap etc. or in need of something to do with brewing, if so post it up here.

A wanted – swap – sell – giveaway thread where we can post what we have to giveaway, to sell or to swap and also if we are looking for something we may need and we think another member can help.

It will be a purely non-commercial thread so no spruiking of businesses or products here please.

I will start if off.  Picked up a big order the other day and was given a bag of various yeasts as a bonus most of which I normally use so all good there.  Now I can use everything in the bag except for two sachets of Philly Sour yeast – expiry date 02-2022.  Now I will probably never use these at any time soon as I am not into sours let alone by the pack/s date.

Now these two are free to anyone that wants them – I can post free of charge just so they don’t go to waste.  PM me if you can make use of these and they will be on there way.

Philly Sour Yeast - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Thought I would start a thread for those of us that have some brewing stuff that is surplus to requirements, want to see if other community members have something to give away, sell, swap etc. or in need of something to do with brewing, if so post it up here.

A wanted – swap – sell – giveaway thread where we can post what we have to giveaway, to sell or to swap and also if we are looking for something we may need and we think another member can help.

It will be a purely non-commercial thread so no spruiking of businesses or products here please.

I will start if off.  Picked up a big order the other day and was given a bag of various yeasts as a bonus most of which I normally use so all good there.  Now I can use everything in the bag except for two sachets of Philly Sour yeast – expiry date 02-2022.  Now I will probably never use these at any time soon as I am not into sours let alone by the pack/s date.

Now these two are free to anyone that wants them – I can post free of charge just so they don’t go to waste.  PM me if you can make use of these and they will be on there way.

Good idea @iBooz2  I often thought something like that would be beneficial to this forum, apart from surplus & unwanted stock etc some newbies or those less fortunate may benefit from items posted, of course location is pretty much the main factor here. 

I for one probably will be wanting to pass on quite a few dozen PET bottles in the near feature as my glass stock is building & I tend to favour them over plastic. Now that I am moving house it is time to take stock & get rid of the surplus/unused items.

Cheers.

• Like 1

FREE Beer / Brew Bottles

32 x 600 ml Matilda Bay glass crown tops

1894165077_32x600mlMatildaBaycrowntops.jpg.7a396417ddb8ab59634ead398fad2212.jpg1599617536_DUPLICATE32x600mlMatildaBaycrowntops.jpg.88c3bb6455bfc095458b3dd9cbbe257a.jpg

9 x 750 ml CUB glass crown tops

10 x 750 ml CUB glass screw tops

1377227932_10x750mlCUBScrewtops9x750mlCUBcrowntops420grams.jpg.d589d89e0cec9f1eb85000a8a1b8d8eb.jpg

17 x 650 ml glass crown tops

1574129039_17x650mlAmbercrowntops.jpg.04a2cf8c5b9e91601bf8b5a5ad856757.jpg640879771_650mlCrownvarieties.jpg.4567867442994adae3a1b844069dc263.jpg

14 x 375 ml Coopers glass screw tops

35 x 330 ml Various glass crown tops

538653569_14x375mlCoopersscrewtops35x330mlCrowntops.jpg.9ebc5e64fe5a0477dd06fc1e8f11e40f.jpg

102 x 740 ml Coopers PET bottles

512800206_58x740mlPETsandlids.jpg.e070659f16441fcb5299c40ebec96ddb.jpg1334103683_44x740mlPETsandlids.jpg.cf162dd3b778fffe1f64acf3b814d299.jpg

Some a bit dusty from being stored in my shed.

Also have about 30 x 740 ml Coopers PET bottles that are dirty from their previous use.  I bought them that way in a package, but never needed them, so never cleaned them.

1420558820_DuplicateofPETbox.jpg.8ea5fa27d92d077783ca32aa048cef75.jpg

Prefer somebody to take them all, but happy for you to take whatever you want.

All surplus to my needs since starting kegging.  I am in Belgrave South, Victoria.  Pick up only.  PM me if interested. 

• Like 6

On 11/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, iBooz2 said:

Now these two are free to anyone that wants them – I can post free of charge just so they don’t go to waste. 

I'll take the philly if no one else is interested.

And, good thread mate

• Like 3

Good idea for a thread so I will copy my thread from below.

After many false starts that got misdirected or IRL got in the way, I can't find a way to use my Ferm G3 effectively. I was thinking of getting another fridge for it (for CC and perhaps even serving) but that's not possible.

So... The Gen 3 plus pressure kit, all brand new, are up for sale.  Literally everything you need to start brewing under pressure except a fridge. 

It has the full pressure kit, floating dip tube, filter and even an inline reg, T-piece and pressure gauge for it. Included also a gas disconnect and liquid disconnect. ONLY thing to buy will be a bronco tap or similar for drawing FG sample. Oh, and a couple of SS nuts to go in the dip tube filter.  

$150+ worth of brand new kit for $120! Plus postage from PC = 5253 if you want to check. It's a big box but it is light.  
Could be cheap to Adelaide via APD or I might be persuaded to go to Adelaide and use OfficeWorks (cheaper postage but petrol costs)

Specifications:
Dimensions: 935H x 378W (height to top of plunge valve handle)
Fermenter Body: High Molecular Length PET
Fermenter Volume:35L
Plunge Valve: 304 Stainless
Frame:304 Stainless Frame
Pressure Rated Lid:304 Stainless Steel Ball Lock Posts, Glass Reinforced Nylon neck ring, Polypropylene lid 2.4 bar (35psi) pressure relief valve
Lid Seal: Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR)
Working Pressure: 2.4Bar (35psi)
Burst Pressure: above 8Bar
Test Pressure: 5Bar 

Just to add to this, the 'neck' seals via a plunger which is hollow, so your temp controller probe slips straight down the tube to give accurate readings from inside the wort.

Also the floating dip tube can clip onto the plunger tube so it doesn't drift out to the sides. A couple of SS nuts in the filter can keep the intake below any krausen or surface 'artefacts' so you only get clear wort out the post.

Fermentasaurus 1.jpg

Fermentasaurus 2.jpg

Fermentasaurus 3.jpg

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:
On 11/24/2021 at 1:34 PM, Mickep said:

What State are you in PM?

Usually quite pi55ed

Muzzy you shock and surprise me somewhat - as a man who prides himself with spelling and grammar I'm dismayed that you missed the capital "S" in the word State. Which clearly implies that I was asking about his whereabouts. 😂 Maybe it was you who was having a little tipple. 🤣🍻

On the other hand in answer to my question; I think Scomo lives in NSW.🙃

Edited by Mickep
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Muzzy you shock and surprise me somewhat - as a man who prides himself with spelling and grammar I'm dismayed that you missed the capital "S" in the word State

Oh c'mon Man - the poor bugga has probably had to get used to the rest of us failing to achieve his exacting standards of correctness. 😄

• Haha 3

On 11/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, disgruntled said:

I'll take the philly if no one else is interested.

And, good thread mate

Sorry about late response.

No worries @disgruntled , just PM me what post office I can send them to, one near your work etc. for example as I don't need to know your actual address.  Will get them away to you as soon I have details where you want to pick them up from.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

9 x 750 ml CUB glass crown tops

10 x 750 ml CUB glass screw tops

1377227932_10x750mlCUBScrewtops9x750mlCUBcrowntops420grams.jpg.d589d89e0cec9f1eb85000a8a1b8d8eb.jpg

35 x 330 ml Various glass crown tops

538653569_14x375mlCoopersscrewtops35x330mlCrowntops.jpg.9ebc5e64fe5a0477dd06fc1e8f11e40f.jpg

Also have about 30 x 740 ml Coopers PET bottles that are dirty from their previous use.  I bought them that way in a package, but never needed them, so never cleaned them.

1420558820_DuplicateofPETbox.jpg.8ea5fa27d92d077783ca32aa048cef75.jpg

Above have all gone to recycling heaven.  I need the space.

• Sad 1

@Shamus O'Sean pity on the distance of some of us or I'm sure someone would have grabbed some. A suburb put aside for only brewers or even a single street would make it nice and easy.

I'm one of those people who jump back and forward between things. One minute I de label heaps of glass bottles and use them for a bit. Then I go back to just PET or swing tops and recycle all the bottles.  Then I find myself collecting more bottles to de label and use. No wonder I always get the eye rolls and get asked I thought you weren't doing that anymore. 

Now I'm kegging it's only the occasional batch in bottles but can still be a pain deciding what to use when.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ok after another big order I have the following yeasts given to me as a bonus and happy to post to anyone who can use them as I will not get time to use these or will not use these anytime soon.  They are being stored (as always) in my keg fridge at 2 C.

Voss Kviek x 4 sachets, BBD Feb 2022

Philly Sour x 2 sachets, BBD March 2022 (same lot numbers as pic in my post way up above 👆

Voss Kveik Yeast - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Ok after another big order I have the following yeasts given to me as a bonus and happy to post to anyone who can use them as I will not get time to use these or will not use these anytime soon.  They are being stored (as always) in my keg fridge at 2 C.

Voss Kviek x 4 sachets, BBD Feb 2022

Philly Sour x 2 sachets, BBD March 2022 (same lot numbers as pic in my post way up above 👆

Voss Kveik Yeast - resized.jpg

Well Al I will put my hand up, if you want to do it, if OK I will PM my address, Cheers Phil.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well Al I will put my hand up, if you want to do it, if OK I will PM my address, Cheers Phil.

Will post on Monday evening as that is when the mail gets cleared here locally (save them being in the heated postie van for too long). 

Are you now into sour beers or do you just want the 4 x Voss K?  I can send the sours to someone else, no biggie.

Yes a PM to me of your PO BOX or whatever and they are yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I will send you some Stubby Coolers ( Holders ) 🤣

No need to reciprocate Phil.  Just shout me one or two of your famous home brewed pale ales when I come through Adelaide in the not too distant future.  = Cheers!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Will post on Monday evening as that is when the mail gets cleared here locally (save them being in the heated postie van for too long). 

Are you now into sour beers or do you just want the 4 x Voss K?  I can send the sours to someone else, no biggie.

Yes a PM to me of your PO BOX or whatever and they are yours.

OK Al Cheers, send the others to someone else, it's good to share. I will PM my deails, Than You, much appreciated, Cheers.

• Like 2