Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Just a snack 😆

Awesome stuff mate! How long did you spit-roast it? How many did it feed ? 
Wonderful stuff - over here suckling pig is quite popular amongst Italians and Portuguese, but that looks more of a Babe 🤣

(dad joke, always makes the kids groan)

Took about 5 hours. The crackling was exquisite as was the meat. Had ten people over, all the crackling gone and only a bit of pork left.

• Like 4

These things are growing on me (big surprise)… 

I’m tempted to take a bottle of the campari-style stuff home (it’s called Select,  and the spritz has that with prosecco, ice and some soda water). I reckon it would end up at the back of the cupboard with the Ouzo and Ratzeputz though - never tastes as good once you get home. Stick to beer and vino at home 🤔 

77E9B9D2-D3B4-48FD-AD3D-4335D540CE82.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Love a good pub meal. Dropped into my local today first time in ages. Cost of beer is ridiculous. $8.50 for a SA pint of Coopers. 

Compared to DIY beer that is expensive but compared to pub prices around Adelaide $8.50 isn't too bad. Some places are at or over $10 now.  

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK I have come up with an idea to save typing & perhaps simplify a phrase that is used frequently. The thing is I am not going to tell you what it is, you have to work it out for yourself. Once you guys work out what it is all you have to do is copy & paste it, no need to thank me. 🤣

TTROTDO

Why would we need an acronym for Take This Rissole Over To Dad's Office?

• Haha 7

This packs a punch. 🌶️

Home made Chilling dipping sauce ( Mama's Secret Thai recipe )

SWMBO's chilli, garlic, lemongrass, fish sauce, soy, lime juice, pepper raw salmon dish (marinaded for 24 hours)

And my important contribution - home grown baby cos lettuce. 😃

312595081_840635150303468_1713401219555249289_n.jpg

312577638_783828869544766_7452554970153388008_n.jpg

309470278_3262641157387730_972675232632658003_n.jpg

312473241_881660359884767_7400408242196210492_n.jpg

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Mickep said:

This packs a punch. 🌶️

SWMBO's chilli, garlic, lemongrass, fish sauce, soy, lime juice, pepper raw salmon dish (marinaded for 24 hours)

I love making Chilli sauces, the hotter the better, there are a lot of Chilli Sook's out there, most of them are too scared to try it & they always state the obvious & say it's too hot for me!  For those of us that know how to treat it, it's very enjoyable but you have to err on the side of caution 😬

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
1 hour ago, Mickep said:

This packs a punch. 🌶️

I love making Chilli sauces, the hotter the better, there are a lot of Chilli Sook's out there, most of them are too scared to try it & they always state the obvious & say it's too hot for me!  For those of us that know how to treat it, it's very enjoyable but you have to err on the side of caution 😬

Yes, that's true mate. What the bride has also taught me on this chilli journey is that the different chilli varieties can not only be hot but they can also bring mountains of flavour to the dish as well. I find chilli quite addictive, once you start eating it - I can't stop. The home made chilli sauce in the post above is mighty hot but is full of flavour - you can put it on just about anything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yes, that's true mate. What the bride has also taught me on this chilli journey is that the different chilli varieties can not only be hot but they can also bring mountains of flavour to the dish as well. I find chilli quite addictive, once you start eating it - I can't stop. The home made chilli sauce in the post above is mighty hot but is full of flavour - you can put it on just about anything.

I grow Chillis & I know some on here do too in fact I planted a few Habaneros yesterday, they are hot but nowhere as fierce as Carolina Reaper & Trinadad Scorpion I also have growing. I also have Birdseye & Cayenne as well. You are right they do add flavour & as @beach_life says there are different kinds of heat.

https://chilliworkshop.co.uk/the-worlds-hottest-chillies/

• Like 2

Just now, beach_life said:

Are probably my favourite - make a wicked salsa

Yeah, they are at the level where you can use them for most dishes (with caution) but with the others I mentioned you really have to be careful. I have a few plants that are re-shooting from last year & I will be planting more but stagger them a bit. I also dry them in my dehydrator & freeze some.

I love my Chilli 🌶️

20221023_092426.jpg

20221023_092509.jpg

20221023_092628.jpg

• Like 4