Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

Not every day is meat - pasta Sorrento tonight 

Hey Stquinta did you mean Pasta alla sorrentina ?

Not that it matters, I quite often do a Pasta dish with whatever I have in the pantry, I always have some form of tomato & veg but it's nice to substitute meat for a can of sardines, olives, garlic, cheese, chilli or whatever else you can find. A bit of Parmesan & Basil & you have a great meal. 🍷

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stquinta did you mean Pasta alla sorrentina ?

Not that it matters, I quite often do a Pasta dish with whatever I have in the pantry, I always have some form of tomato & veg but it's nice to substitute meat for a can of sardines, olives, garlic, cheese, chilli or whatever else you can find. A bit of Parmesan & Basil & you have a great meal. 🍷

Sorry Phil, it is Sorrentina. I was thinking of the town.

Just fry up some onions till translucent, add some cubed zuccini and brown them a bit, then a good tin of tomatoes. I tend to cook the tomatoes on a low heat for an hour or so as the flavour gets much richer. Then in with some cubed mozzarella (buffalo if you can get it), and melt it into the sauce. Some recipes just add cubes then mix in the pasta, but I find that the cheese clumps up that way so I prefer to cook it a bit.

Then in with a fe torn basil leaves, mix in your pasta and off you go 😉

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 3:41 PM, Mickep said:

Here it is Boozer @iBooz2.

Al, Ya gonna have to understand the bride cooks by taste not by measurements - good thing she's not in charge of the brewing 😂

@Mickep big thanks for taking the time to organize and to type all that up for me.  Thank your bride too as I can see it is mainly all her work.  Well done the both of you.  Cannot wait to get some of these cooked-up and on the plate.  Cheers.

• Like 2

Underneath the cheesy crumb crust is chicken breast, macaroni, onion, spinach, capsicum, corn and carrot in a garlic and pecorino cheese white sauce. Inspired by tuna mornay recipes but with my own improvisation. Turned out quite nice. I have a habit of trying to make do with what's available at home rather than going shopping for ingredients..... usually to the chagrin of the women of the house. This one hasn't received any complaints and seconds have been sought.👍

IMG20221019172530.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Underneath the cheesy crumb crust is chicken breast, macaroni, onion, spinach, capsicum, corn and carrot in a garlic and pecorino cheese white sauce. Inspired by tuna mornay recipes but with my own improvisation. Turned out quite nice. I have a habit of trying to make do with what's available at home rather than going shopping for ingredients..... usually to the chagrin of the women of the house. This one hasn't received any complaints and seconds have been sought.👍

IMG20221019172530.jpg

I probably should have left it longer to brown those crumbs a bit more but the cheesy sauce was spilling over the sides and making a right old mess of the oven so I pulled it out early.

• Haha 2

On 10/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, iBooz2 said:
On 10/15/2022 at 3:41 PM, Mickep said:

Here it is Boozer @iBooz2.

Al, Ya gonna have to understand the bride cooks by taste not by measurements - good thing she's not in charge of the brewing 😂

@Mickep big thanks for taking the time to organize and to type all that up for me.  Thank your bride too as I can see it is mainly all her work.  Well done the both of you.  Cannot wait to get some of these cooked-up and on the plate.  Cheers.

Al, had a crack at the chicken schnitter's mate, using Cajun spice. I used the Coles pre mix. Next batch I think I might make my own Cajun spice mix and add more than a teaspoon to a cup of Panko. They went alright....had leftovers which were brilliant in wraps the next night. Cheers mate.

311413521_821491212454072_3160835454601112329_n.jpg

311423269_502274001773016_738799493016093526_n.jpg

311074309_669308537836352_7050297755091653804_n.jpg

• Like 4