Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

15 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Any  charcoal/heat bead smokers of meat out there that might have a sticky BBQie type sauce for a smoked brisket recipe they're willing to share - as an option for those who want to smother their brisket in a roll with a sauce... @beach_life??

Try these Mick.

https://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2013/10/27/sticky-honey-bbq-sauce/

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sweet-and-sticky-bbq-sauce-kansas-city-style-3339223

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, beach_life said:

I have made a few but not really my favourite type of sauce

this bloke Meet Meathead, Barbecue Whisperer, Hedonism Evangelist, Culinary Mythbuster (amazingribs.com) is my go to for smoked stuff

Thanks mate, appreciated. Not my fav either - playin' to the crowd. Kids have asked me to do a brisket with a BBQ type sauce. 🙄

• Like 1

Last bit of tucker on an Italian motorway - microwaved lasagne (that last saw a cow some time ago)…. Hardly any cheaper than spaghetti alla vongole in a decent restaurant!

🤢🤮

Not to worry! I defrosted a rib eye and got out a decent bottle of red 😁

Compensates for the 8 hour trip back…

3DCCE379-D605-437D-9167-FE3ECF164559.thumb.jpeg.b46abacfab9e6da3d9be8629ec3c970d.jpeg

D728AAD1-D922-447B-B014-60C618D31436.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, stquinto said:

With crushed potatoes (chips are a bit too easy an option)

Stquinta I was looking at your jar of Knoblauch paste, at first, I thought it may have been Horse Radish, but it appears to be a Garlic paste but that's OK, that's good too.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Stquinta Iwas looking at your jar of Knoblauch paste, at first, I thought it may have been Horse Radish, but it appears to be a Garlic paste but that's OK, that's good too.

Thank goodness you approve 🤗

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JoeB7 said:

Geez! @stquinto..., road kill on a warm summers day looks done enough for your plate😲

Cavallo might suit your palate too mate

That'll suit me fine 😉

I don't mind horse: quite popular here, very lean, and people got into it after the mad-cow scare. You get horse tartare on menus sometimes too.

In France there used to be horse butchers, but not so much now. Called "Boucherie Chevaline", with a horse's head outside. I saw a sign in one that said (translated) "If you lose at the horses, get your own back, and eat one"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Stquinta I was looking at your jar of Knoblauch paste, at first, I thought it may have been Horse Radish, but it appears to be a Garlic paste but that's OK, that's good too.

I quite like the garlic paste with a steak. But then I've been married for several years so nobody cares 😉

I put some horse radish in the crushed spuds: should have been grainy mustard but I had none left. That and some scallions cooked in olive oil (quite a bit), and some capers and chopped gherkins. And herbs. Change from always doing chips.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

That'll suit me fine 😉

I don't mind horse: quite popular here, very lean, and people got into it after the mad-cow scare. You get horse tartare on menus sometimes too.

Northern Italia, I have rello's there that were bemused I even tried it.  Verona it seemed popular.

• Haha 1