Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A piece of fillet steak with a few veg & a salad. Stquinta your body would probably reject this, but I can assure you it was the business & very tender. It may look overdone, but it was truly very medium in the middle.

Looks the Biz mate, and very healthy too.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

@stquinto Sainter, I think Classic talks with fork tongue - It looks like it's been cremated! 🤣

image_2022-11-09_095617353.png

Ha Ha Mick, to Vampires it would be but my meat thermometer said it was 63c - the correct temp for Medium is 60-65c.

I like it slightly pinker or I can eat it char grilled even more but then I don't sleep in a tree hanging upside down either 🦇

🤣 

• Haha 3

I just got one of these on clearance from my local Coles $49.99. I have been trying to find out the normal price to see if it was a bargain or not, it appears one company handle them & only supply Coles Stores & they don't know the normal price.

Anyway, it can't be that bad so watch this space for yummies 😋

https://www.germanica.com.au/gcs-3b

83b894_9cce8550c7fc429683723b6e143632e4_mv2.jpg.0c554e62b8284f67c312e4fb4ba06a94.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A piece of fillet steak with a few veg & a salad. Stquinta your body would probably reject this, but I can assure you it was the business & very tender. It may look overdone, but it was truly very medium in the middle.

20221108_192445.thumb.jpg.2694be5019b869fbcb965bfbbf499ce5.jpg

20221108_192821.thumb.jpg.72b231944759bb4e9c036337abde926c.jpg

20221108_193632.thumb.jpg.ed04d81a057e5e6899b246b45b11475a.jpg

Not enough blood for me mate, even a genius of a vet would have to admit it was dead 🤣

Looks really good and healthy too 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Not enough blood for me mate, even a genius of a vet would have to admit it was dead 🤣

Looks really good and healthy too 👍

Mate each to their own but I cut all the fat off & cook it the way I enjoy it, besides extremely rare steak wouldn't even come up to temperature so we will do what we do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/7/2022 at 6:48 AM, Malter White said:

Same problem in the White household. Loose door and not fan forced makes ours rather inefficient. Just took delivery of a newbie last week. Should be installed this week. Looking forward to cooking recipes that say, "30 minutes in a moderate oven," that actually only take 30 minutes instead of an hour.

The new oven got installed on Monday and what was the first thing cooked in it on Tuesday? Pizza, of course. Sorry no pics. Pretty basic toppings of salami, onion, caps, tomato, pineapple and some topped with prosciutto - the bride doesn't like prosciutto. Short on time we used Tip Top bases. Edible but far from desirable.
Bottom line: it was a good test run for the new oven and it maintained heat and cooked far more evenly than the old, clapped out oven. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Malter White said:

The new oven got installed on Monday and what was the first thing cooked in it on Tuesday? Pizza, of course. Sorry no pics. Pretty basic toppings of salami, onion, caps, tomato, pineapple and some topped with prosciutto - the bride doesn't like prosciutto. Short on time we used Tip Top bases. Edible but far from desirable.
Bottom line: it was a good test run for the new oven and it maintained heat and cooked far more evenly than the old, clapped out oven. 

Onya Malter, I usually make my own bases, but I find this 'wet dough' from Riviera Bakery, Torrensville  exceptional. You can get it at Coles, you would get 2-3 pizzas out of one pack & it is freezable. The taste is great even cold next day.

A bit of work to get it ready but well worth it.

https://rivierabakery.com.au/

icon-512-512-true-a8f5e90d7c4b575af39c31488194ffbe.png

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Onya Malter, I usually make my own bases, but I find this 'wet dough' from Riviera Bakery, Torrensville  exceptional. You can get it at Coles, you would get 2-3 pizzas out of one pack & it is freezable. The taste is great even cold next day.

A bit of work to get it ready but well worth it.

https://rivierabakery.com.au/

icon-512-512-true-a8f5e90d7c4b575af39c31488194ffbe.png

Have used this brand before. Very good. We actually have really good options for pizza and bases over this side of Naples...err, I mean Adelaide. We were just strapped for time yesterday so the daughter just grabbed what she could on her way home from work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Have used this brand before. Very good. We actually have really good options for pizza and bases over this side of Naples...err, I mean Adelaide. We were just strapped for time yesterday so the daughter just grabbed what she could on her way home from work.

Fair enough, in Glenelg one of the big Fruit & Veg shops sell a local Italian range of Pizza bases & they are superb, when you consider the time, mess, cleanup from making your own it is a no brainer, they are always super fresh & taste amazing.

• Like 3

What a day. I'm hosting my first stall at out local market this weekend so I've decided to cook up 10kg of Brisket and 10kg of pulled pork. Will be turning the brisket into Brisket, cheese and gravy pies and the pork into pulled pork n slaw rolls.

20221110_115311.jpg

20221110_152922.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hoppy81 said:

What a day. I'm hosting my first stall at out local market this weekend so I've decided to cook up 10kg of Brisket and 10kg of pulled pork. Will be turning the brisket into Brisket, cheese and gravy pies and the pork into pulled pork n slaw rolls.

Looks absolutely Awesome Hoppy, all the best with it. Yum Yum. 😋 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

20221110_115311.jpg

20221110_152922.jpg

Wow! I’d say TTROTDO but you’ve gotta sell it at the market 😉

Bet they sold like hot cakes

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

20221110_115311.jpg

20221110_152922.jpg

Oh mate - just WOWZERS! This pic is amazing. Pies sound to die for too. Outstanding work H.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Wow! I’d say TTROTDO but you’ve gotta sell it at the market 😉

Bet they sold like hot cakes

Haha thanks mate, hopefully people enjoy them. Cooking 1 more 4kg brisket now just for good measure 😆

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Oh mate - just WOWZERS! This pic is amazing. Pies sound to die for too. Outstanding work H.

Appreciate that Mick, was impressed with the bark on them.

20221110_191007.jpg

• Like 3