Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

Veal osso bucco with saffron risotto 

( that weird stuff on the green board is gremolata)

1DB782DA-2E2A-4609-98DB-72A5B8B6CD83.jpeg

A94CDC78-9953-4160-AD34-D3CAACD27C59.jpeg

91D1492B-5129-41E7-9904-AA091D9D1BCC.jpeg

Looks great..One of my go to winter comfort foods Sainter, although being contadini I'm a polenta guy. A bit light with the gremolata mate😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

Well crumbed 🐑🧠 might be my next venture. With a creamy dijon mustard sauce.

Hey  @Classic Brewing Co do you have any crumbing suggestions for me?

Traditionally when you crumb anything it is a 3-step process.

1. Season with flour - the easiest is to put flour on a small plastic bag, season with pepper & salt & herbs/spice of your choice. Carefully shake/move it around until all meat is evenly coated, shake of excess.

2. Egg wash - in a bowl mix up 1-2 eggs until smooth & place the floured meat in ensuring all areas are covered, shake of excess.

3. Crumb mixture - in a flat dish place breadcrumbs/Panko crumbs of your choice & turn them over one at a time pressing on the crumb & get it nicely coated. Refrigerate on a large plate uncovered for up to an hour to allow the crumb mixture to dry & set. do not overlap each piece of meat.

Then shallow/deep fry/oven bake until cooked at 180c.

Cheers.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Veal osso bucco with saffron risotto 

( that weird stuff on the green board is gremolata)

Very creative Stquinta, as you probably know there are many versions of this dish, the attached is one of my favourite ways of doing it, however we can all bend the rules to suit ourselves, it's excellent on a cold night with sh*** loads of red wine & crusty bread. 🍷

https://www.stephaniealexander.com.au/what-to-cook/recipes/osso-buco/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A bit of a Curry tonight using Pork Mince, it is loaded with vegetables & herbs & spice. ATM it is reducing down & I will probably have rice with it.

20221020_145017.thumb.jpg.9c976e5fc379a54d7366c2728a387577.jpg

Looks good mate 😉 

Plenty of chillies I trust ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeB7 said:

Looks great..One of my go to winter comfort foods Sainter, although being contadini I'm a polenta guy. A bit light with the gremolata mate😲

Yeah, it was a bit. I just got a microplane and the garlic ended up a mush, same for the lemon zest as it was from one cut in half.  Works better chopped up with a demi-lune blade

• Like 3

Pork chop, gypsy sauce, and “flat chips”. Probably better known as scalloped potatoes but flat chips will do. And a glass of vino rosso.

Tomorrow Venice! I must admit I envy you b*ggers and the summer you’re coming into,  but to be within driving distance (5 to 6 hours) of a total change of scenery is also quite nice.

No crocs in the canals either (as far as I know, watch this space…)

1C4E1D93-372A-4F45-9DF8-666111E87697.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

My favourite pizza topping.

I usually buy a quantity of the Seafood Marinara mix from the Deli counter at Coles/Woolworths & add some extra prawns, tonight I will be adding Anchovies, Chilli, Olives & all of the usual suspects. I have pre-made the dough & it is in the fridge to roll out later.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Traditionally when you crumb anything it is a 3-step process.

1. Season with flour - the easiest is to put flour on a small plastic bag, season with pepper & salt & herbs/spice of your choice. Carefully shake/move it around until all meat is evenly coated, shake of excess.

2. Egg wash - in a bowl mix up 1-2 eggs until smooth & place the floured meat in ensuring all areas are covered, shake of excess.

3. Crumb mixture - in a flat dish place breadcrumbs/Panko crumbs of your choice & turn them over one at a time pressing on the crumb & get it nicely coated. Refrigerate on a large plate uncovered for up to an hour to allow the crumb mixture to dry & set. do not overlap each piece of meat.

Then shallow/deep fry/oven bake until cooked at 180c.

Cheers.

So don't season the crumbs, just the flour?

• Like 1