Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

10 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

IMO frying with EVOO is a big recipe scam in most cases.  They only put that in their recipe ingredients list so as to lower the calorie and fat count specs on the recipe to make it look healthier.  A couple of chef have publicly admitted that they don’t use the specified EVOO but use up to four times another oil to achieve the desired “fried” effect.

If you like the flavour of EVOO then I suggest you first cook it in a real frying oil such as vegetable, peanut or rice bran oil and then use the EVOO as a dressing after the event.

Now if you want to add flavour to your chicken schnitzel then I suggest one of the following two methods. 

1. Add one heaped teaspoon of Cajun spice to each cup of Panko crumbs for that very familiar taste.  Did someone say “KFC”?

And,

2. If you are going to cut you schnitzel up and serve it in a wrap with say some Caesar salad or the like and maybe Chipotle Aioli sauce then add one heaped teaspoon of Taco seasoning to 1 cup of Panko crumbs for that “other” familiar taste.

For the record I use rice bran oil when shallow frying my home made schnitzels, first to crisp each side then they go in the Weber-Q as an oven just to finish off.  Always superb.

I dare you to try these and report back.

I don't use Olive Oil for general cooking, but I have done for convenience many times, especially BBQ's. Of course, I use Vegetable/Canola for general use because of their neutral flavour & Peanut Oil for Fish & Chips/Seafood/Stir fries etc.

High smoke point oils such as Rice Bran Oil are great for Shallow or Deep Frying & it is very mild & has a light flavour. I use it when I have it.

As far as seasoning & adding flavour, I have been doing that for years, adding spice & different herbs to crumbs/flour batters & all sorts.

The main thing is it depends on what you have got in your pantry at the time as not all meals are planned in advance, so I use the next best thing. I don't have a Weber Q, but I use the Oven a lot for finishing meats such as Pork or Chicken.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I don't use Olive Oil for general cooking, but I have done for convenience many times, especially BBQ's. Of course, I use Vegetable/Canola for general use because of their neutral flavour & Peanut Oil for Fish & Chips/Seafood/Stir fries etc.

High smoke point oils such as Rice Bran Oil are great for Shallow or Deep Frying & it is very mild & has a light flavour. I use it when I have it.

As far as seasoning & adding flavour, I have been doing that for years, adding spice & different herbs to crumbs/flour batters & all sorts.

The main thing is it depends on what you have got in your pantry at the time as not all meals are planned in advance, so I use the next best thing. I don't have a Weber Q, but I use the Oven a lot for finishing meats such as Pork or Chicken.

I don't re-use any oil - once it has been used, it goes out.

This article is interesting.

What To Know About Olive Oil's Smoke Point | Oliveoil.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

seafood noodle stir fry with crispy chicken.

Honestly... it just is too much MEP... I might have to de-subscribe to this thread @Mickep because the Tucker you and yours keep churning out is... just unstoppable and nothing short of amazing... and I get terrible gut pangs seeing the pictures and then not being able to reach over and grab a bit!?! 😆

Just really really tasty mate... blaaardy beautiful... luvyerwork!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/10/2022 at 7:33 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight, a Boned out Butterflied Marinated Chicken - Greek Style, it is one of my favourites with Roast Potatoes, Steamed Carrot, Broccoli, Butternut & Pak Choy.

Don't need a gravy, just enjoy the natural flavours.

20221010_185139.thumb.jpg.c004077f20e6afa22b565325074f7e75.jpg

Now you have me hankering for a Petersham Portuguese chicken dinner

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Bit of a no-to-low carb funky Brunch : )

Mmm yes I realise there is too much on my plate.. but one small consolation... the half-a-snaggler is for the very patient Dog once I have finished the rest 😆

image.thumb.png.db10ab04dac97d072834aa62968e9872.png

That looks barllarrdy delish Pezza - maybe we should get a meal swap thingo happening. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Honestly... it just is too much MEP... I might have to de-subscribe to this thread @Mickep because the Tucker you and yours keep churning out is... just unstoppable and nothing short of amazing... and I get terrible gut pangs seeing the pictures and then not being able to reach over and grab a bit!?! 😆

Just really really tasty mate... blaaardy beautiful... luvyerwork!!!

Yes @Mickep (MEP) this is getting out of hand and ordinary cooks like me cannot compete.  I am with @Pezzza Now if you and the bride don't lower the bar a bit or invite us over for dinner then we may just have to gang up on you, speak to admin and have you barred from his thread (only kidding about being barred but not about dinner) ha ha....🤣

I was going to post some pics of dinner tonight, but I feel a little inferior now after seeing MEP's tucker.  Mine was chunks of chicken thighs on skewers, some marinated in home made spicy plum sauce and others marinated in my swag-man satay sauce SSS, (I was out bush once and forgot my usual satay sauce ingredients so had to make something with what I had on hand.  Crushed garlic, clove plus crunchy peanut butter and sweet chili sauce in a 50:50 ratio.  My high school sweetheart now prefers the SSS. 

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Mine was chunks of chicken thighs on skewers, some marinated in home made spicy plum sauce and others marinated in my swag-man satay sauce SSS, (I was out bush once and forgot my usual satay sauce ingredients so had to make something with what I had on hand.  Crushed garlic, clove plus crunchy peanut butter and sweet chili sauce in a 50:50 ratio.  My high school sweetheart now prefers the SSS.

Mate I don't think you need a blaaaardy picture for this - it's got me salivating just with the blaaardy description!?! 😋

Sounds absolute delish @iBooz2 Boozer and cannot blame the lovely lady for being a Triple-S convert... very nice work indeed!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Stir fry - Again! Pez, @Pezzza, mate, I hanker for a snag in bread or a juicy steak some days - the bride has me cornered - boxed in, I have no choice but to eat her healthy offerings. 

Vege and Chicken stir fry with fresh diced ginger and chilli accompanied by home made Thai chicken balls....

310260441_515965559924851_3177375122537062247_n.jpg

296994688_438626218355086_3115508758619888410_n.jpg

311151040_511435527148856_6060274885363576932_n.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Don't know about the "right" paddock mate. Some would suggest a "good" paddock. 😂 That reminds me I should go and weigh myself - or maybe not. 🍺😆 

I don't have scales anymore, they don't make them in my size - nah seriously the doctor usually tells me to jump on sometimes but mine doesn't vary much no matter how much I drink or eat.

Must be a thorough bred 🐎 🤣

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Mickep said:

boxed in

Be very happy to be boxed in there any day @Mickep Michael 🥳

Just one outstanding set of festive dishes after the other - a truly beautiful thing - and the ol' fresh ginger chilli has so much to offer... where's the Coriander tho Cobber?! 😆

Not at all mate... just truly festive indeed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

the doctor usually tells me to jump on sometimes 

46 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just looking at my sentence here, the grammar is not real good like !

Yes but your doctor must think you're real good.  ha ha😯

• Haha 2