Coopers Community

Dogs ...

King Ruddager

On 3/22/2023 at 8:30 PM, Pale Man said:

Milly has decided a bit if vegetarian in her diet is on the menu. Smashing down Cucumber and Basil leaves from our little garden. She's sleeping outside tonight.

20230322_183518.jpg

They're all different. My old bluey use to raid my strawberry patch and eat figs that fell off the tree. The new guy is a carnivore! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cee said:

This thread stirs a whole bunch of emotions

Sometimes too much and I have to leave hahaha

...but I always come back

Same Cee, I'm in a rental these days - canna have a doggie. 😪Had dogs my whole life. So yeah, emotions run high looking at this thread. Please keep posting all, brings a smile to me dial. 👍

• Like 3

On 4/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, NBillett09 said:

DBF1CD77-4B40-452A-A0CE-865573F51FC5.jpeg

Was going to say, "talk about Lord Muck" sitting in that fine chair but it will have to be "Lady Muck" instead.  Sure is a dog's life!

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, NBillett09 said:

@Hilltop hops she a greyhound, though a small one as far as they go!

Would love to adopt an ex race dog. A mate adopted one that suffered a career ending leg injury. Was an awesome dog, loved the couch, a pat and a few sprints around the yard. Also caught a few birds and an unfortunate cat that entered the yard! 

• Like 2

@Hilltop hopsgreys truly make excellent pets, they like to sleep 25 hours a day on a lounge, bed or mat and either a few sprints around the yard or a 20-30 minute walk and they’re done and dusted for the day! There’s several adoption programs around like the Greyhound Adoption Program NSW that we get ours from and also Greyhounds As Pets NSW, and also variants for other states.

https://www.gapnsw.org.au/home/

https://www.gapnsw.com.au

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

greys truly make excellent pets,

@NBillett09,You and others have found that greyhounds make very good pets/house dogs. Not having anything to do with greyhounds as pets, or racing; it puzzles me - I would have thought greyhounds would be running around 24/7, and be quite snappy and snarly?

5 hours ago, jennyss said:

@NBillett09,You and others have found that greyhounds make very good pets/house dogs. Not having anything to do with greyhounds as pets, or racing; it puzzles me - I would have thought greyhounds would be running around 24/7, and be quite snappy and snarly?

That is actually a pretty common misconception. Think of them like sprinting athletes, they have a short window burst of energy (spent either on zoomies in the yard/park or during about 20-30 minute walk) then otherwise they’re super lazy. As a breed they’re super placid, docile and friendly. As with any breed occasionally you find one that’s a bit snappy but it’s actually a rarity for greys. Generally speaking, Italian greys ar the smallest (handbag sized) and extremely timid and skittish, whippets are mid sized and more often a bit nippy, full Greyhounds are the largest but not chillax of them all. People get dogs for apartments and think “I’ll get a Maltese or a shitzhu or jack russel because they’re small” but my observation is they tend to need a fair amount of exercise and very yappy and noisy.  Grey are actually extremely well suited to apartment life if they get a daily walk at least. They’re actually super quiet and very rarely if ever bark too. They’re really just big lounge lizards who can also occasionally run faster than a racehorse ; )

the adoption programs often have a few dogs at a stand at various shows and stuff, worth going and meeting them see what they’re like in person!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jennyss said:

Surprisingly they require very little exercise a walk in the morning and a bit of a run around the back yard then they take the rest of the day off. They are a very gentle dog that likes people.

I have two one is an ex racer; 66 races, won some money for the owner then retired and handed over to GAP.

The other one 18 months old and never raced, pictured.

xx.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Well our Boxer puppy is now about 6 months old and she is an absolute goof ball high on life, she is going to be a big girl too, she is already bigger than my 10yr old Boxer.

20230415_164733.thumb.jpg.72c24b40a4327628cf6c3de5e6cd54d8.jpg20230415_171719.thumb.jpg.b370e0062b65f60617cd870561f9da87.jpg20230419_124450.thumb.jpg.4f8324b515dea0aee629fe85b21b253e.jpg20230322_144239.thumb.jpg.51ef95063d86e0e7ff11e4e8c7579192.jpg

20230413_120010.jpg

20230322_144252.jpg

Youve got your hands full there fella 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Getting off the lounge is sooo hard. I think I'll take my time 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.f53987c5e29fad18041dc0f07bb6f9b4.jpeg

Don’t know, I reckon it’s more like he has a “Oh yeah he is always crackin’  the whip when he wants his Assistant Brewer up and atom to unpack some more new brewin’ stuff - I can’t remember when the Assistant Brewer last got anything new - FFFFFF 😤 look on his face 😉😂🤣😂

• Haha 1