Coopers Community

Dogs ...

King Ruddager

8 hours ago, terminal2k said:

I think theres something wrong with my dog, he won't fetch, he doesn't come when I call his name, he's always jumping around. I don't know what to do with him

Fatten him up & make a Hasenpfeffer (Rabbit Stew) or if you didn't want to go to that extreme try Specsavers. 🤣

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

• 2 months later...

Young Barrie here has a multitude of behavioural issues from ADD, anxiety and severe FOMO but aside from his mental state he's a very friendly dog. We're really warming to him but he constantly tests our patience with his behaviour. 🤦‍♂️

He's still mainly an outside pooch because we don't trust his toilet habits yet but he has been making improvements in this area. We haven't had an inside accident for quite a few weeks and he's even stopped going on the pavers and setting booby traps outside the laundry door for Mrs White to step in.😁 The lawn is now his preferred lavatory thank goodness.

IMG_20220914_085545.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Malter White said:

Young Barrie

Your fella mate he's a beaut Muzzler or should I say @Malter White Malter : )

But it can take a little while till everyone gets to know each other and how things work around the traps inside and out the house .... but then off yer go ; )

Looks like good things are already happening with you guys mate - nice work : )

When I got my adopted Boy he wanted to kill every other dog he came across.... now he doesna seem to gaf as they're just dogs and not part of our pack haha which is human....  probs tho now is a complete shitttthouse guard dog as he deffo thinks two-legs are his tribe and seems a bit puzzled why those four-leg-fffckkers are interested in him at all 😋

image.thumb.png.6a68bb34452a0b158d75472dd39aa589.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Your fella mate he's a beaut Muzzler or should I say @Malter White Malter : )

But it can take a little while till everyone gets to know each other and how things work around the traps inside and out the house .... but then off yer go ; )

Looks like good things are already happening with you guys mate - nice work : )

When I got my adopted Boy he wanted to kill every other dog he came across.... now he doesna seem to gaf as they're just dogs and not part of our pack haha which is human....  probs tho now is a complete shitttthouse guard dog as he deffo thinks two-legs are his tribe and seems a bit puzzled why those four-leg-fffckkers are interested in him at all 😋

image.thumb.png.6a68bb34452a0b158d75472dd39aa589.png

Barrie's anxiety wants him to kill every other dog we encounter. It makes walking him rather difficult. Your words are encouraging, IP, that he may eventually overcome his issues. Thanks mate.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Barrie's anxiety wants him to kill every other dog we encounter. It makes walking him rather difficult. Your words are encouraging, IP, that he may eventually overcome his issues. Thanks mate.

Hi, I'm not a dog person, my Wife is, she has two rescue dogs. I'm happy with that, one is a Staffie cross and it will kill any dog or Human who gets too close to the Wife! Great for safety but a bit off over kill in my neighbour hood.

She has Complete control over both dogs! she is also about 46-48 kilo, so No pulling is allowed.

She has that control by using this type of headgear, no it's not cruel, it's comfortable for the dog (once they stop pulling) and gives you control to walk past anything.

The best money you will ever spend on a Dog.

https://www.blackdog.net.au/haltermate-head-halter-range

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hi, I'm not a dog person,

Hey David, I am the same as you, never really were interested in them apart from when I was a kid, however a lifetime of being a travelling salesman & chasing the ladies, I either wasn't home or didn't have the ability to look after them.

Having said that they have their place & bring comfort & happiness to others so all good.

I see enough of them on the beach in the morning & I think most of them should check out your link. 🐕

@DavidM Thanks mate. Out of necessity I've got a muzzle and choker type lead for Barrie. I have control of him but it makes no difference to his reactions to other dogs - he just loses his sh1t. While some might say a choker lead is cruel, I'd just say to them it only gets tight when Barrie decides to go off! He walks really well on the lead without other dogs nearby. Furthermore, if I have to pay for Barrie's vet bills that's a given but paying for someone else's vet bills and having them demand Barrie be put down is something I couldn't live with. So I think the best option is a little tough love with the choker.

Having said all that, I'll still probably give these head halters a try too. 

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Malter White said:

@DavidM Thanks mate. Out of necessity I've got a muzzle and choker type lead for Barrie. I have control of him but it makes no difference to his reactions to other dogs - he just loses his sh1t. While some might say a choker lead is cruel, I'd just say to them it only gets tight when Barrie decides to go off! He walks really well on the lead without other dogs nearby. Furthermore, if I have to pay for Barrie's vet bills that's a given but paying for someone else's vet bills and having them demand Barrie be put down is something I couldn't live with. So I think the best option is a little tough love with the choker.

Having said all that, I'll still probably give these head halters a try too. 

If you do give the Head Halters a try, You will never look back. 

The difference is amazing.

All the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey David, I am the same as you, never really were interested in them apart from when I was a kid, however a lifetime of being a travelling salesman & chasing the ladies, I either wasn't home or didn't have the ability to look after them.

Agree Phil, I worked split shifts for a long time, so a pet was left for too long on their own each day.

Later as I moved around with work, no one to leave a pet/dog with.

I have the time now

Retirement is good

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DavidM said:

The best money you will ever spend on a Dog.

Thanks @DavidM best version of something in that line of leads that I have ever seen... appreciate the tip.  Might get meself and me mate one - well one for me mate rather than one for me 😆

My fella doesn't go walking on a lead much but for those times, would be good to have one that slows his eager energy a bit.

@Malter White Muzzy mate yeah that was my experience with my bloke - very angry and fired up about other dogs to start with... he calmed down after he had been with me for a good while... but I also did spend a lot of time with him which you might be able to with your festive fella... think that makes a  difference... I guess my bloke is also not that young anymore so maybe that might help too?

I hope things work out with your Bazz cos he's a beaut looking fella.  Maybe our DM's halter would be useful - it is the best version of such a device I have seen.

In the meantime Muzzy mate I back your having a choker lead on Bazza so that you can keep all various parties on walkies-interaction safe 👍

• Like 4