Coopers Community

Dogs ...

King Ruddager

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 10:02 PM, Malter White said:

We get to pick this boxer up in 4weeks (one with the purple collar)

If they are boxers they really need to work on their footwork.🤣

They've been on the home-brew 

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Hard life for this working dog on a hot day! 

20221203_165603.jpg

Lovely looking pooch, Hilltop.
From a dog point of view I'm glad the heat has arrived. It's slowed Barrie down a bit. He's usually hyperactive with severe FOMO but the heat has made him rather tolerable today.😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

This is our family’s first, second and current dog, we’ve only ever had greyhounds. The red fawn is Cleo, we had her until she was 13, the white and brown is Max who we had until he was 9 or so and cancer took him away.

We currently have the white/brindle mix Gracie who is 11 or 12 this year.. I don’t remember which, but all of them have been the sweetest most gentle sweethearts ever. It’s the family dog, even though I’ve moved out.

When we had Cleo we regularly fostered other greys between retiring from racing and finding their forever homes. So awesome to have more beautiful friends around the house and so bittersweet when they went to new homes. My wife’s whole family all had German Sheperds, hers was also taken by cancer at age 9 a few years back.

42292F24-439E-481C-8AF2-E53E6292163A.jpeg

CC953642-1AA5-47A8-BAB4-A92FFBD713BE.jpeg

• Like 8

Sad day for my son and his family yesterday.  They had to put down their beloved family pet after 14.5 years due to liver cancer.

She was a Border Collie - Kelpie cross called Lucy and boy did she have some energy.  Had a beautiful personality and temperament and was just so intelligent.   Only dog I know that could climb right to the top of a citrus tree and pluck off a lemon to play with like a ball.

Like all long term pets she will be sadly missed.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Sad 7

9 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

How’s Barrie’s training going @Malter White?

I'm resigned to the fact that Barrie is an idiot. 😄
Things like toilet training, sit, drop, walking on lead have gone great but regardless of scolding or being put outside he's still behaving badly ie. biting, jumping. It's not aggressive behaviour just playing but it's annoying, especially when it's unexpected. He's still young. Hopefully he'll grow out of it.
Attached is an example of idiot and he continues to do the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Sad day for my son and his family yesterday.  They had to put down their beloved family pet after 14.5 years due to liver cancer.

She was a Border Collie - Kelpie cross called Lucy and boy did she have some energy.  Had a beautiful personality and temperament and was just so intelligent.   Only dog I know that could climb right to the top of a citrus tree and pluck off a lemon to play with like a ball.

Like all long term pets she will be sadly missed.

That's so sad Boozer. It hits hard - they become part of the family.  Sorry for the families loss mate.

13 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

This is our family’s first, second and current dog, we’ve only ever had greyhounds. The red fawn is Cleo, we had her until she was 13, the white and brown is Max who we had until he was 9 or so and cancer took him away.

We currently have the white/brindle mix Gracie who is 11 or 12 this year.. I don’t remember which, but all of them have been the sweetest most gentle sweethearts ever. It’s the family dog, even though I’ve moved out.

When we had Cleo we regularly fostered other greys between retiring from racing and finding their forever homes. So awesome to have more beautiful friends around the house and so bittersweet when they went to new homes. My wife’s whole family all had German Sheperds, hers was also taken by cancer at age 9 a few years back.

42292F24-439E-481C-8AF2-E53E6292163A.jpeg

CC953642-1AA5-47A8-BAB4-A92FFBD713BE.jpeg

Very admirable of you to take in retired greyhounds. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We probably had 8-10 or so for a month or two at a time before Max came and we couldn’t let him go, so that was a “failed fostering” haha! They’re the best dogs, super chill, very low key and gentle. We got Cleo from the Greyhound Adoption Program (GAP) so that’s who we fostered for. They’re becoming more and more common to see around these past couple years!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...