Coopers Community

Dogs ...

King Ruddager

My adult kids have moved away. I'm always pestering them and their spouses about providing Mrs White and I with grandchildren. So far this is the best they can do. Not a bad start, I suppose.

IMG_20231112_123057.jpg

They got a sister and brother from the same litter. My son and his wife got the girl and my daughter and her fella got the boy.IMG_20231112_132408.jpg

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Velcro Brew Dog. One in a zillion. I wouldn't swap any price in the world for her. She's a bad mannered loyal beautiful smelly dog and she's mine.

Resized_20231101_104337(2).jpeg

Love the cattle dogs, this is my second after growing up around them. He puts up with a lot from the kids! 

20231118_173957.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

This is Woofa, a Cattle Dog/Fox Terrier cross. He left us at the proud age of almost 19 years. He loved listening to black metal. One brew day, I had music blaring from the kitchen and when I looked for the dog, he wasn't in his usual spots but sitting in front of the speaker in the kitchen listening and I swear his head was slightly banging to the music 🤘  I miss the little bugger

IMG_6545.thumb.png.28e42571128c92f7941d222d4490c057.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

You all have probably seen the movie Red Dog.

Years ago, I flicked over to a movie one evening and it happened to be Red Dog.  My HSSH was working evening shift and when she came home, I was bawling my eyes out.  She said what the hell, what's wrong.  I said I had been watching Red Dog and it had a very sad ending.  My HSSH has never seen this movie and does not want to but on our recent half lap of Australia she definitely wanted to pay her respects to Red Dog and visit his grave, so I had to find out where it was on WikiCamps.

In Karratha WA the whole place is Red Dog mad, they have since named a highway after him.

Anyway a few pics of the memorial statue and his grave site.

Red Dog Memorial Dampier WA.jpg

Red Dog Memorial Statue Dampier WA.jpg

Red Dog Memorial Storyboard Dampier WA.jpg

• Like 7

On 11/18/2023 at 7:01 AM, Malter White said:

My adult kids have moved away. I'm always pestering them and their spouses about providing Mrs White and I with grandchildren. So far this is the best they can do. Not a bad start, I suppose.

IMG_20231112_123057.jpg

They got a sister and brother from the same litter. My son and his wife got the girl and my daughter and her fella got the boy.IMG_20231112_132408.jpg

They're so cute. I love dogs with floppy ears 🙂 

• Like 2

Freya, the assistant brewer. They say Staffies are obedient bundles full of energy. Well, not this specimen. She doesn't listen to a word you say unless it is something like "walkies", "nanny" or "belly rub". She does a few lanes of zoomies in the yard but that is it. When we walk, she moves about as much as a Frenchman living next door to a brothel. We go for sniffs, not walks 🙂 But she is our fur baby and I wouldn't swap her for the world. She's the most gentle creature out there and she loves belly rubs. Lots of belly rubs. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7b0ebade1a0b6b7471a343f9f574e14e.jpeg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Freya, the assistant brewer. They say Staffies are obedient bundles full of energy. Well, not this specimen. She doesn't listen to a word you say unless it is something like "walkies", "nanny" or "belly rub". She does a few lanes of zoomies in the yard but that is it. When we walk, she moves about as much as a Frenchman living next door to a brothel. We go for sniffs, not walks 🙂 But she is our fur baby and I wouldn't swap her for the world. She's the most gentle creature out there and she loves belly rubs. Lots of belly rubs. 

Can just see the love in her eyes 😍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

She's gorgeous and you even gave her a gorgeous Kraut name. My Austrian aunty is a Freya also.

Staffies are great dogs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Can just see the love in her eyes 😍

You can't see it in the picture but she actually has heterochromatic eyes. One eye is more brown, the other a lot lighter with a hint of green. Double the love 🙂 She's a rescue from the RSPCA and when we saw her, we knew instantly that she's the one.

image.thumb.jpeg.d24787637f7c7b770f727c1d37540615.jpeg

• Like 7