Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

I was going to have a steak tonight with a healthy salad but the neighbours in my street changed my plans by deciding everyone should have a drink,  nothing wrong with that so I found it was easier to do a burger with the lot instead. 

There was nothing wrong with that either,  so here it is.

20240301_201453.jpg

20240301_202008.jpg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was going to have a steak tonight with a healthy salad but the neighbours in my street changed my plans by deciding everyone should have a drink,  nothing wrong with that so I found it was easier to do a burger with the lot instead. 

There was nothing wrong with that either,  so here it is.

20240301_201453.jpg

20240301_202008.jpg

Nothing quite like a home made burger.  Just beautiful mate. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Pizza night! 

Are they prawns, and little mozarella cheeses, and anchovies I see? How long did your pizza take to cook in the BBQ? Looks very yummy!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

Are they prawns, and little mozarella cheeses, and anchovies I see? How long did your pizza take to cook in the BBQ? Looks very yummy!

Garlic chilli prawns with prosciutto and boccocini. Cooks in about 5 mins. 

• Like 5

Well my neighbour was coming over the other night for beers and he is vegan! So I had a crack at making vegan pulled pork (jack fruit) smoked on the weber! Turned out pretty good actually we both had three buns 🤣 and everybody else enjoyed them as well!

IMG_6939.jpeg

IMG_6941.jpeg

IMG_6942.jpeg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Well my neighbour was coming over the other night for beers and he is vegan! So I had a crack at making vegan pulled pork (jack fruit) smoked on the weber! Turned out pretty good actually we both had three buns 🤣 and everybody else enjoyed them as well!

IMG_6939.jpeg

IMG_6941.jpeg

IMG_6942.jpeg

Looks quite tasty. Personally, I like meat but have noticed over the years, that I actually eat less and less of it. We're all eating way too much meat these days and I am fine to only have meat once or twice a week. I can imagine being vegetarian but not vegan. I guess a big part of it is that I don't mind food that is vegan but not vegan food if you know what I mean. 

• Like 4

Last night's dinner was pork American spareribs, slow cooked for 4.5 hours at 125 C in a rub/marinade made up of 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, two heaped tablespoons of crushed garlic, 4 heaped teaspoons of whole grain mustard and 1/2 a cup of Canadian maple syrup.

Once slow cooked, the Weber family Q was heated to very hot, and the ribs placed on the grill for a couple of minutes to get them a little bit BBQ-y Smokey and just charred.  

Finishing sauce was made up of 1 heaped teaspoon of crushed garlic, 1 heaped teaspoon of whole grain mustard and 1/4 cup of Canadian maple syrup brought to the boil in a gravy pot then let to rest for a few minutes.  Ribs were falling apart so not very well presented.     Yes, I know wrong plate for displaying this dish.  Was served with a side of Ceaser salad.  Sticky, messy and wonderful @stquinto.   😋

Pork American Spare Ribs in Maple Syrup Sauce 03Mar2024.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Looks quite tasty. Personally, I like meat but have noticed over the years, that I actually eat less and less of it. We're all eating way too much meat these days and I am fine to only have meat once or twice a week. I can imagine being vegetarian but not vegan. I guess a big part of it is that I don't mind food that is vegan but not vegan food if you know what I mean. 

I don’t care if it’s vegan or meat if it tastes good I will eat it! My mate had the high level for prostate cancer and since he is vegan it has come down so if works for you go for it!

• Like 6

On 3/3/2024 at 11:49 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have heard of them being made & they look OK, but I am a carnivore so I guess I will never get to try them.

Unless someone slides one in front of you and you are unaware! I did it to my family with spaghetti bog once, used fake mince and didn’t tell them and started with dad themed plant  jokes! They worked it out eventually but they wouldn’t have without hints! More about texture sometimes as with the pulled pork!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Unless someone slides one in front of you and you are unaware! I did it to my family with spaghetti bog once, used fake mince and didn’t tell them and started with dad themed plant  jokes! They worked it out eventually but they wouldn’t have without hints! More about texture sometimes as with the pulled pork!

I would have thought the smell would have been obvious but still if it tastes OK, no problems.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

I buy V2 mince every now and then and it really isn't bad. Same with the burger patties. I quite like them. The sausages suck but I am a bit of a snob anyway when it comes to sausages. Never tried the "schnitties", mainly because they aren't GF and with SWMBO being Coeliac, we don't normally buy food containing gluten.

• Like 3

I bought these accidentally once in Coles as they were marked down, they were disgusting, but I do like my meat, no whatever I did to them, I could not get any flavour. I will be more careful. 

751425.jpg

Water, Pea Protein (16%), Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Rice Protein, Flavouring, Stabiliser (Methyl Cellulose), Potato Starch, Apple Extract, Colour (Beet Red), Maltodextrin, Pomegranate Extract, Salt, Gelling Agent (Potassium Chloride), Concentrated Lemon Juice, Maize Vinegar, Carrot Powder, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/3/2024 at 3:50 AM, RDT2 said:

Well my neighbour was coming over the other night for beers and he is vegan! So I had a crack at making vegan pulled pork (jack fruit) smoked on the weber! Turned out pretty good actually we both had three buns 🤣 and everybody else enjoyed them as well

Pretty decent of you to make the effort 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

751425.jpg

Water, Pea Protein (16%), Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Rice Protein, Flavouring, Stabiliser (Methyl Cellulose), Potato Starch, Apple Extract, Colour (Beet Red), Maltodextrin, Pomegranate Extract, Salt, Gelling Agent (Potassium Chloride), Concentrated Lemon Juice, Maize Vinegar, Carrot Powder, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin)

I think the ingredient list shows the problem - pretty damned processed IMHO 😵

• Like 1