Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

Made ribs on the weber yesterday, one set with salt and pepper and the other with a commercial rub, didn’t see a huge difference both good! Used my neighbours plum tree wood for the smoke! I didn’t remove the bottom membrane probably will next time but they were good!

IMG_1796.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6692.jpeg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Made ribs on the weber yesterday, one set with salt and pepper and the other with a commercial rub, didn’t see a huge difference both good! Used my neighbours plum tree wood for the smoke! I didn’t remove the bottom membrane probably will next time but they were good!

IMG_1796.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6692.jpeg

Looks amazing mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Porker ribs - deep fried. 🤭 Heart smart! 😉

You know the drill 😉

7 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Pork Belly. Not as much crunch as I would of liked but tasted sensational. 

Looks amazing! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Inspired by @Hilltop hops yummy pizza offering the other night, we made a pizza last night. Usual tomato paste and grated mozzarella on the bottom, topped with capsicum, mushroom, salami, ham, tomato, artichokes, sliced mozzarella, and sprinkled with oregano.

20240107_182024[1].jpg

20240107_184229[1].jpg

• Like 9

While we were travelling on our big half lap of AUS, went to nearly every craft brewery and almost got beer and pizza-ed out.  I said nearly 😁.  (will post pics as I find them on our cameras and phones).  So it was a while before I made one at home.

First one a couple of weeks back, my HSSH said do just a ham and pineapple one and she would share it with me.  So I did and I did not enjoy it at all, too plain and sweet for me and must have been for her too as she only ate 2 small slices so I had to eat the rest a couple of days later. Grrrr....

Anyway then next week I made one for me with just a tiny two slice part for her.  Mine section had all the usual suspects plus @Tricky Micky lovely bride Tan's chilly flakes (I have worked out just how much to put on to give me just the right heat).  😓  I used shredded Christmas ham to use up the ham on the bone taking up room in our fridge.  My HSSH got her two bits of pizza with pineapple and no chilli, she even complained that one piece of capsicum got on hers 😅.

Pizza 05Jan2024.png

• Like 6

Last Thursday nights fare was home made pork dumplings.  I make these a lot and still cannot get the nice wrinkly seam thing happening.  Steamed then drizzled with Mr Chens Dumpling sauce for her (she loves these) and a combo of Mr Chens and Thai Sweet Chilli sauce for me.  Washed down with a couple of bottles of cheap "Yellow Tail Bubbles" we had left over from Christmas.  I usually make a batch of 60 and freeze 30 for a lazy dinner on another night.

Pork Dumplings ready for the steamer.png

Pork Dumplings prep.png

• Like 8

Tonight a simple tray of mini roast vegetables & pork20240108_182119.thumb.jpg.0912690fea378171a370d474590786bd.jpg cutlets, the vegetables have gone in the oven & after 30 mins I will chuck the pork on top.

Easy & usually very nice, I may steam some greens & make gravy but ATM I am happily involved in a red so we will see, Cheers. 

20240108_182653.jpg

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Last Thursday nights fare was home made pork dumplings.  I make these a lot and still cannot get the nice wrinkly seam thing happening.  Steamed then drizzled with Mr Chens Dumpling sauce for her (she loves these) and a combo of Mr Chens and Thai Sweet Chilli sauce for me.  Washed down with a couple of bottles of cheap "Yellow Tail Bubbles" we had left over from Christmas.  I usually make a batch of 60 and freeze 30 for a lazy dinner on another night.

Pork Dumplings prep.png

They look bloody good, IB2.
Could you press the seams with a fork to get the desired effect you're after? I wouldn't know, I've never made dumplings before. It's just a suggestion.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Pork Dumplings prep.png

Where's the invite? Geez Louise, they look sensational.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Where's the invite? Geez Louise, they look sensational.

I saw the photo before I saw the poster and when I did I said to myself that'd be another Asian delight from Mick's missus but not so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, jennyss said:

@iBooz2, We have that problem too - I feel a pea and ham soup coming on!

Thanks Jenny, ya just told me what we need to have next weekend.   There is another pizza in it yet then will use the left-over meat and bone in a soup.  Good idea. 👍

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Beerdo said:

They look bloody good, IB2.
Could you press the seams with a fork to get the desired effect you're after? I wouldn't know, I've never made dumplings before. It's just a suggestion.

Sealing them is not an issue and yes, I could use a fork but it's not the pie edge look I want, it's the wavey (dare I say it) clam shell look as they look better that way when they come out of the steamer and present nicer when you plate them up.

• Like 3