Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

32 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

So Dave, is that a salt coating on the fish?

Six egg whites, whipped up, and 2kg of salt mixed in. You wrap it up like an Egyptian mummy and cook it until the internal temperature is around 60C 😉 

Second time I’ve tried, it worked out well 👍

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Six egg whites, whipped up, and 2kg of salt mixed in. You wrap it up like an Egyptian mummy and cook it until the internal temperature is around 60C 😉 

Second time I’ve tried, it worked out well 👍

Ahh, egg whites. I did also wonder how it was combined. Thanks.

• Like 2

There are 5 different varieties of Chili here in the early stages of development, I have 16 plants in all including 3 of the hottest Chili's in the world  (not shown) but these little buggers still have a nasty bite.image.thumb.png.00244ccb75effb7171eedd55fc51d45a.png

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/14/2024 at 6:46 PM, Malter White said:

This has proven rather popular with my family. Delicious vanilla slice and very simple to make. I also add dessicated coconut to the icing to get it more like vanilla slice I'm familiar with eg. Balfours.

I'll add a link for the recipe.

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/vanilla-slice-recipe/do7hw28r

IMG_20240114_173732.jpg

Now we're eating it I can get a better angle. It's pretty good eating.

IMG20240116191856.jpg

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Geez, M Dubbya, that looks really good - I might have a crack at that recipe - cheers mate

It's so easy, Mick. The only skill you really need is patience to stir the custard enough so there's no lumps.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2024 at 7:54 PM, Malter White said:

Now we're eating it I can get a better angle. It's pretty good eating.

IMG20240116191856.jpg

You have inspired me @ whats your name today 😉😄.  My HSSH loves a vanilla slice so I am going to have a crack at this recipe.  I could possibly go one or two slices over a few days so she will just have to eat what she can and take the rest to her workmates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks OK Malter, too sweet for me but I am thinking you should enter into the;

https://www.thegreataustralianvanillaslicetriumphmerbein.com/

BTW, did @beer nerd get any to try?

I used to go to school in Merbein and later on I did live for a while in Ouyen where the vanilla slice bake off got restarted - kicked off again (Jeff Kennet - VIC premier promoting it comes to mind)  Does that make me a pseudo vanilla slice expert? 🤔😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I used to go to school in Merbein and later on I did live for a while in Ouyen where the vanilla slice bake off got restarted - kicked off again (Jeff Kennet - VIC premier promoting it comes to mind)  Does that make me a pseudo vanilla slice expert? 🤔😄

Yeah, why not.

I can't stand vanilla slice or sweet stuff like that, give me jerky, at least you can have a beer with it. 🍺

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

You have inspired me @ whats your name today 😉😄.  My HSSH loves a vanilla slice so I am going to have a crack at this recipe.  I could possibly go one or two slices over a few days so she will just have to eat what she can and take the rest to her workmates.

You can scale it back. I made it for a neighbour once when I only had one piece of puff pastry on hand so I cut it in half. I usually lower the sugar in the custard too because there's plenty of sweetness in the icing.

• Like 1

This stir fry is a bit special - seafood and a home made marinadey type sauce all through the seafood and then combined with good ol' 2 minute noodles and some vege...keeper this one

414012568_324610969890439_4952636477492491565_n.jpg

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 8