Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

2.5kg of spuds, sliced thin, with 1.5 litres of full liquid cream poured on top (cold). Add 4 chopped up garlic cloves, and some nutmeg powder. Cook it at 180C for 1 hour, check it after 45 minutes. No cheese in this one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

It’s lunch time! Just to give you a break from your weather…)

Fabulous, I love the mountains and the view but I would never live far from the Sea.

Enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

I was wondering too; but was too chicken to ask!

We are talking about a man who likes his meat raw & eats anything that moves 🤣 nothing is safe land, sea or air - he will cook it.

Of course, we all have different likes & dislikes so there is nothing wrong with that.

Still no snails for me though 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

We are talking about a man who likes his meat raw & eats anything that moves 🤣 nothing is safe land, sea or air - he will cook it.

Yup. that sounds about right... 😉

Not always "cook" though TBH

Edited by stquinto
typo
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 3:24 AM, DavidM said:

Fabulous, I love the mountains and the view but I would never live far from the Sea.

I agree with you: I'd prefer to be close to the sea. But being in Switzerland the closest sea to me is about 5 hours away. Got a lake though 😉

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

We are talking about a man who likes his meat raw, nothing is safe, he will cook it.

Well........he doesnt cook it. Its still grunting and groaning on the plate.

Put it out of its misery first @stquinto  🫣

• Haha 3

Well, I had a crack at that vanilla slice recipe,

This has proven rather popular with my family. Delicious vanilla slice and very simple to make. I also add dessicated coconut to the icing to get it more like vanilla slice I'm familiar with eg. Balfours.

I'll add a link for the recipe.

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/vanilla-slice-recipe/do7hw28r

and it was a fair dinkum failure on my behalf (not the recipes).

Puff pastry got a little bit more puffed that it should have, (read later in another recipe I should have used two baking trays to keep it flat).

I trimmed the sheet of puff pastry to suit the 24 x 24 cm baking dishes and I should not have because.... the custard did not thicken or set quick enough so oozed out the sides a bit.

The icing I made was a little bit too thin, so it too slid off the bubbled top sheet of puff pastry and was very thin on the top but plenty on the sides.

Did not take any pics due to embarrassment and too many laughing emojis would be "copped" back to me.

BUT once I dished the slices up by slopping them into a plate, the family reckons they tasted quite nice even though they did not look the part.  Will try again later in a few weeks or so.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2024 at 10:21 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

at least it didn't get wasted. 

Looks good Phil....

Lamb Vindaloo today.... It's so hot here ATM, why not have a hot curry?

PXL_20240130_021751134.thumb.jpg.eba5cb1d43031383eaadaeb8256abde8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1