Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

On 4/20/2024 at 3:11 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Rainbow Trout tonight,  I will bake them in the oven with white wine,  lemon with herbs & spices.

Trouble is with farmed Rainbow Trout (and many other farmed fish stocks) is that they are fed high hormonal "chook pellets type feed" (if you like), and that causes a marbling of the pink flesh with white veiny & strange looking fatty layers.  You only have to look at the tail on those trout to see that they have been farm caged, farm fed and of dodgy health.

Compare that to a wild caught trout and you will see the difference in the flesh structure.  I catch my own trout and I know which of those fish I would rather eat.  Wild or farmed, give me wild any day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Trouble is with farmed Rainbow Trout (and many other farmed fish stocks) is that they are fed high hormonal "chook pellets type feed" (if you like), and that causes a marbling of the pink flesh with white veiny & strange looking fatty layers.  You only have to look at the tail on those trout to see that they have been farm caged, farm fed and of dodgy health.

Compare that to a wild caught trout and you will see the difference in the flesh structure.  I catch my own trout and I know which of those fish I would rather eat.  Wild or farmed, give me wild any day.

Whatever,  I had a guest for dinner & she & I enjoyed it immensely,  with a Sauvignon Blanc,  Chips & Salad.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:17 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just prepping a Thai Green Chicken Curry for tonight's dinner. 

Looks superb old mate. Solid 9/10

On 4/21/2024 at 9:55 PM, stquinto said:

It was a Portuguese -Mexican fusion dinner if you like 🤣

Well played

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, jennyss said:

left over chilli con carne, guacamole,

Oh, la, la.

Have you tried the guac on cold after? A dab of sour cream can be good too.

9.5/10 - I LOVE pizza

• Like 2

Was up in Bendigo for a week or so and had a meat lovers at a local pizza joint, was good so decided to copy it when I got home.

Home made pizza base, tomato paste, shredded ham, home cured and smoked bacon pieces, pepperoni, pork sausage with fennel and mixed pizza cheese and BBQ sauce.  Quite nice with the pork and fennel sausage.  Will do this one again.

Meat Lovers Pizza Raw.png

Meat Lovers Pizza Cooked.png

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

home cured and smoked bacon pieces

Winning for that.
I used to work at large pizza chain, we would make the pork n fennel sausage mix and cook it on a baking tray - worked well for bulk and was cheaper than snage

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Was up in Bendigo for a week or so and had a meat lovers at a local pizza joint, was good so decided to copy it when I got home.

Home made pizza base, tomato paste, shredded ham, home cured and smoked bacon pieces, pepperoni, pork sausage with fennel and mixed pizza cheese and BBQ sauce.  Quite nice with the pork and fennel sausage.  Will do this one again.

Meat Lovers Pizza Raw.png

Meat Lovers Pizza Cooked.png

Sounds good but for me it would be without BBQ sauce.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ben 10 said:

Winning for that.
I used to work at large pizza chain, we would make the pork n fennel sausage mix and cook it on a baking tray - worked well for bulk and was cheaper than snage

Yes, and I have you to thank for that @ben 10 for introducing me to those Charcuterie Books.  Just you wait till I weld up my home made smoker box out of a couple of old gas bottles and really get into smoking foods.

15 hours ago, jennyss said:

That looks very pretty @iBooz2, with the BBQ sauce drizzled in like that. I must stop checking 'What's on the menu' before breakfast!

Thanks @jennyss.  And now for my next pizza masterpiece (after I copied your hamburger with the lot pizza idea) I am going to transition my own famous Filipino BBQ pork skewer recipe into a Filipino pork pizza so stay tuned to this channel.  YUM!

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

I also got hold of some tomatillos to make a green enchilada sauce.

YUMMO - did you buy or someone you know grows them? I'll have to plant some again they are so freakin good

Edited by ben 10
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ben 10 said:

YUMMO - did you buy or someone you know grows them? I'll have to plant some again they are so freakin good

No, they came n the post from a Mexican deli. It made about a litre of enchilada sauce which I froze

• Like 1

Tonight's dinner,  a lazy, easy Roast Chicken done in the slow Cooker,  no oil, it sits on a bed of sliced onion, celery & rosemary. 

Well seasoned with garlic powder, spicy bbq rub, turmeric, pepper, salt inside & out.

Just for good measure,  several garlic bulbs up the never ending story & left on high for 4-6 hours.

It creates a sauce if you want to use it but I don't. 

20240428_141420.thumb.jpg.eb3b60713a44e31989ef48dfaf65701a.jpg20240428_141436.thumb.jpg.e53d9809782bde16c7a7dfe51a5d61e6.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight's dinner,  a lazy, easy Roast Chicken done in the slow Cooker,  no oil, it sits on a bed of sliced onion, celery & rosemary. 

Well seasoned with garlic powder, spicy bbq rub, turmeric, pepper, salt inside & out.

Just for good measure,  several garlic bulbs up the never ending story & left on high for 4-6 hours.

It creates a sauce if you want to use it but I don't. 

20240428_141420.thumb.jpg.eb3b60713a44e31989ef48dfaf65701a.jpg20240428_141436.thumb.jpg.e53d9809782bde16c7a7dfe51a5d61e6.jpg

Looks wonderful Phil, TTROTDO 👍

I was a bit three sheets to the wind after the Scotch (alright, Japanese…), but I just about managed to knock up some grub.

Octopus on a white bean puree and a bone-in sirloin.

IMG_2717.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks wonderful Phil, TTROTDO 👍

Cheers  mate, Ta, it was nice. 

I cannot believe how tender & moist it was,  Awesome,  I  forgot to show the Steamed Bak Choy in the photo.

I had a few beers with some neighbours,  so you know. 🫤

20240428_184516.thumb.jpg.44a3e046d9fb504b555d85ba63d56c2b.jpg20240428_185203.thumb.jpg.f621381948d9a361c6aa0cba2bc7de21.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I was a bit three sheets to the wind after the Scotch (alright, Japanese…), but I just about managed to knock up some grub.

Octopus on a white bean puree and a bone-in sirloin.

IMG_2717.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

I can't tell the difference between the tomato & the steak Stquinta. 🤣

• Haha 1