Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

5 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Off the carbs recently trying to offload some blubber 😂 

Off the carbs ? @Tricky Micky , bloody hell.  If you keep having all these dirty weekends away travelling around VIC, you will need all the carbs you can get.  Otherwise, you will come back all spent, and as skinny as a stick.  Just saying ! 🤣

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes Jenny, it was cooked medium.

My name is not Stquinta 🧛‍♂️ 🤣

My last lamb offering. Slightly overcooked, but ok with champ and veggies, and mint sauce

IMG_2188.jpeg

IMG_2189.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

• Like 7

Tonight a srap up pizza made pretty much with leftovers  apart from the prawns & chili from the garden, a little topping with fresh basil & thats enough,  tasted pretty good.

A glass of red strictly for medicinal purposes after last night's p""up

20240321_184611.jpg

20240321_191424.jpg

20240321_191711.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is my Prawn Curry Soup with Chili, Garlic veg, with noodles, I sometimes have it with rice but either way it is hot, spicy & great for a quick meal.

20240322_181900.thumb.jpg.b658c1cb9041816ddd0f792b372cfaca.jpg

Looks great mate. Recipe?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks great mate. Recipe?

I mix a pkt Continental Dutch Curry & Rice soup with 1l water in a Pyrex Jug & let it sit stirring occasionally.

Add a mirepoix of veg (equal portions of celery, carrot, onion) usual 1 cup each, 2 x cloves garlic & 1 tbs of curry powder to a little EVOO heated in a saucepan & fry the veg until softened, add the prawns until they start to change colour & slowly add the soup mix stirring consistently.

Other vegetable can be used & also spices like cumin, Morracan, Chinese etc. 

Add 1pkt Hokkien Noodles & stir through for a few minutes & serve, garnish with coriander or parsley.

If you prefer rice, add as much as you want to your bowl - you can choose between a soup consistency or just mix it with the rice.

P.S. Remember to open a bottle of wine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 8:17 AM, stquinto said:

My last lamb offering. Slightly overcooked, but ok with champ and veggies, and mint sauce

IMG_2188.jpeg

Cooked to my perfection @stquinto.  You can cook my lamb any day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What do you do for dinner when you come from an afternoon at the neighbours a bit liquored up, open a tin of sardines & grab whatever is in the fridge. 

Sardines are good for gout. 

Good for causing it, not for taking the curse away.  Just like spinach, asparagus and vegemite.  Enjoy.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Sauerkraut, in all its meaty glory 🐖

IMG_2311.jpeg

Takes me back to memories of my Opa. He used to ferment his own sauerkraut and had a smokehouse for curing meats. His kassler was sensational.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

Takes me back to memories of my Opa. He used to ferment his own sauerkraut and had a smokehouse for curing meats. His kassler was sensational.

I love all of the cured meats, but sauerkraut upsets my stomach & tastes a bit to vinegary for me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tricky Micky said:

Cooked to perfection.

Cheers Tricky ! The reverse sear (recommended on here by someone who keeps changing his name...) is defo the best way, unless it's a big old lump of meat and I sousvide it.

Oven at 80°C, set the probe/thermometer for 9° less than you want to serve it at, in my case 44°, then in the steel frying pan to sear. With it being a cube of meat (in French they call them "pavé", meaning cobble - as in a medieval street) I seared it on all 6 sides.

• Like 3

Come on all you Coopers Community chefs out there - where are the photos? Things are getting desperate when I have to post a photo of my corned beef and boiled vegetables dinner. (It was yummy though, with 3 different kinds of mustard)

20240323_185124[1].jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4