Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

13 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Come on all you Coopers Community chefs out there - where are the photos? Things are getting desperate when I have to post a photo of my corned beef and boiled vegetables dinner. (It was yummy though, with 3 different kinds of mustard)

20240323_185124[1].jpg

Yeah Jenny, you are right, only really been raw meat on offer lately 🤣 sorry Stquinta, I for one have been a bit basic lately & busy over Easter but something big planned for the next couple of days.

Corned Beef is great with mustard, I also like it the Pommy way with cabbage & mashed potato.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/11/2024 at 7:42 AM, stquinto said:

Flat Iron steak, a risotto with the first batch of the season, and salsa and salad. Tasty cut the flat iron, if a bit chewy

IMG_2581.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

Nice colour. Not too red and very juicy looking. The risotto looks nice and moist as it should be. I never used Asparagus in a risotto but I like the idea. Is it pre-steamed/boiled and then added to cooked in the risotto itself?

• Like 2

Some homemade burgers last night. Couldn't find my go to Potato buns, so decided brioche buns will do, Minced brisket for the patties, homemade bacon. lettuce, tomato, burger cheese, a big mac kind of sauce and ketchup. It was pretty bloody nice. I had to try a second one to confirm though.

20240405_185759.thumb.jpg.59d05cd0879a50bafcce6402c8d35901.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoppy81 said:

Some homemade burgers last night. Couldn't find my go to Potato buns, so decided brioche buns will do, Minced brisket for the patties, homemade bacon. lettuce, tomato, burger cheese, a big mac kind of sauce and ketchup. It was pretty bloody nice. I had to try a second one to confirm though.

20240405_185759.thumb.jpg.59d05cd0879a50bafcce6402c8d35901.jpg

Way to go mate, but where are the 🍟

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Nice colour. Not too red and very juicy looking. The risotto looks nice and moist as it should be. I never used Asparagus in a risotto but I like the idea. Is it pre-steamed/boiled and then added to cooked in the risotto itself?

Cheers AK 👍

I parboiled the asparagus bit - tips and a few slices from the top of the stalk - in veg stock for 5 minutes. I put the bottom of the spears into the stock after I'd pulled the good bits out to make the risotto.

I put the asparagus bits into the rice after about 12-14 minutes of cooking the rice.

We get a decent aspargus season here: the first ones are from Mexico (not great), then Spain and Italy, and finally Switzerland. I think in Germany they are mainly white asparagus available that are locally grown.

It's be a few risottos, a few soups, asparagus pasta, side veggies .... for the next 6 weeks or so. Quite nice to eat seasonal - unless it's Mexican asparagus 🤣

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Looks magnificent mate, turned arctic down South in Mexico - be a decent option here that's for sure.

Perfect food for hot weather actually

• Like 2