Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

A busy day so I started with a quick prawn salad & I didn't need anything else except a few Jatz & cheese with a red.

I also have a Blueberry Cheesecake so a nice port will be the business before I crawl into the coffin.

20240503_183532.thumb.jpg.93e75a1eae2f29ea80058652e86b28e0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/29/2024 at 12:18 AM, stquinto said:

A bit of fish for a change, bouillabaisse 

IMG_2729.jpeg

IMG_2730.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2734.jpeg

IMG_2723.jpeg

Very good-looking food. One of the very few things I miss about Europe is the ability to hop into the car, drive a few hundred km and enjoy completely different food. From where my parents live, you can be in 5 different countries in a 5 hour drive.  Here you can drive for two days and are still in the same state 🙂 From where I was born, it was a 3hr trip to Alto Adige in northern Italy and about 5hr to Tuscany. Hell, we used to drive 4hrs to Switzerland for breakfast after a big night out. These days, I am more interested in craft breweries on the way than food because it doesn't vary much between here and Cairns, 1600km further north. 

• Like 7

This is something you won't see very often, someone else in my kitchen, Luke supplied the loin chops, so I let him cook them.

I was busy with potatoes & salads etc.

The three of us cleaned them all up with a few reds.

20240504_193242.jpg

b.jpg

• Like 4

No Pics but for SWMBO's B'day earlier in the week, I made a 6 hour slow cooked Beef Rib Ragù with fresh Linguine, accompanied by marinaded, air fried pork belly bites with prosciutto-wrapped asparagus spears. For dessert, I made some pannacotta, which set beautifully without skin on top. I made two dishes because we had the in-laws over for dinner on short notice. It must have been a hit because even the FIL commented on the food and he usually just shuts up and eats, while the MIL hit the asparagus hard and was the first to polish off the pannacotta, despite not being into sweet things 🙂 There were no leftovers, so I was pleased with the outcome 🙂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

No Pics but for SWMBO's B'day earlier in the week, I made a 6 hour slow cooked Beef Rib Ragù with fresh Linguine, accompanied by marinaded, air fried pork belly bites with prosciutto-wrapped asparagus spears. For dessert, I made some pannacotta, which set beautifully without skin on top. I made two dishes because we had the in-laws over for dinner on short notice. It must have been a hit because even the FIL commented on the food and he usually just shuts up and eats, while the MIL hit the asparagus hard and was the first to polish off the pannacotta, despite not being into sweet things 🙂 There were no leftovers, so I was pleased with the outcome 🙂 

Looks good 🤣 I mean sounds good AK; I love slow cooked beef.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1