Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Waste Not Want Not... couldn't bear throwing out the remnant brew kegged yesterday... cooled down and blended Wheaten Ale and SP2 and gassed 'er up with the SodaStreamer... 

Mmm think I may have been a bit heavy handed with the Gas-Inject-Button.... so a bit overschnarbed but all up - a very taschty full bodied AG fizzy beer ; )

image.thumb.png.7c3405a2e3722d49a30ccbd24c1d1bcc.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

My Pale Ale, 1 week in the keg, lovely, this time I didn't try & fast carb it just to see the difference & it actually pours really nice. I am a happy camper.

Possibly a better result than forcing it IMO, however that doesn't mean I won't be doing that again because it works!

20230104_155355.thumb.jpg.8f4d499d78140fa77fe2cfb1c0ab52f0.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My Pale Ale, 1 week in the keg, lovely, this time I didn't try & fast carb it just to see the difference & it actually pours really nice. I am a happy camper.

Possibly a better result than forcing it IMO, however that doesn't mean I won't be doing that again because it works!

20230104_155355.thumb.jpg.8f4d499d78140fa77fe2cfb1c0ab52f0.jpg

It drank really well too; I may have another 🤭

20230104_160750.thumb.jpg.be92cc734ebe41db15d0acd0457fb7a5.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It drank really well too; I may have another 🤭

20230104_160750.thumb.jpg.be92cc734ebe41db15d0acd0457fb7a5.jpg

I also found that slow carbing at serving pressure or just above made my beer pour a lot better, no more glasses of foam. Your beer is presenting a very good head and nice lacing. I still have to work on those two but at least it is very drinkable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pickles Jones said:

I also found that slow carbing at serving pressure or just above made my beer pour a lot better, no more glasses of foam. Your beer is presenting a very good head and nice lacing. I still have to work on those two but at least it is very drinkable.

Yeah, I was doing 30psi for 24 hours & drinking in 2-3 days but after time in spite of releasing the PRV etc it was just foam, I had to pour in a jug & wait for it to die down to get a glass of beer.

It was Ok but this is behaving a lot better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was doing 30psi for 24 hours

I find overnight is good rather than the full 24 hours.
If you are feeling athletic can do proper fast carb, smash it as high as you can you 10 minutes, then pull the keg out and shake it, smash it again for a bit, back it off - pfft it and ready to go

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, beach_life said:

I find overnight is good rather than the full 24 hours.
If you are feeling athletic can do proper fast carb, smash it as high as you can you 10 minutes, then pull the keg out and shake it, smash it again for a bit, back it off - pfft it and ready to go

Well, that's something to consider but I probably would get sick of disconnect - reconnect. See what happens.

• Like 1

Sneak Preview of the first of the PMB Wheaten Ale... very nice...  fair bit of Munich so is a bit more amberish....

Does need a little more carbonation... just a day or so in the keggler... 40PSI and a bit of 30... Yummbly Scrummbly:

Funny cos it has a bit of a similar colour profile to the Rye Boi... so can understand a Brewer wanting to differentiate their brews with a few different final colours in the glass : )

Cheers all and Bests for 2023 : )

image.thumb.png.cf142142277f4b77580dc31d221c46b7.png

• Like 11

Friday arvo at Phil's Bar & Grill, Annie from next door who doesn't drink beer likes my beer, so we are having a Pale Ale, been in the keg 8 days, she is a good old stick & has a heart of gold but after a few she tends to go on a bit about money & stuff. I don't really care as it is nice to have neighbours who you can talk to & have a beer with.

Cheers.

20230106_152409.thumb.jpg.ee11a44f1265aad00afc06290df1b113.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3