Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

I am having one of the bottles of Draught from the same batch that was kegged, I got 6 x 500ml bottles & have already given 2 away.

This is really nice but there is a distinct difference between kegging & bottling your beer.

I don't get any twang but the head retention, lacing & overall mouth feel is not as good as the CO2 carbed beers.

Nevertheless, I am glad I had some left as the keg blew a week ago.

20230818_170422.thumb.jpg.f403a84db2b1aae9576aee0dd1e62aff.jpg

• Like 9

I'm drinking the last of my ROTM Old Town Lager. Like a line from a Hank Williams song 'Lovesick Blues' 

"Such a beautiful dream, I hate to think it's all over, I've lost my heart it seems, I've grown so used to you somehow".

20230818_170002[1].jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I'm drinking the last of my ROTM Old Town Lager. Like a line from a Hank Williams song 'Lovesick Blues' 

"Such a beautiful dream, I hate to think it's all over, I've lost my heart it seems, I've grown so used to you somehow".

20230818_170002[1].jpg

Nice looking lager @jennyss, great clarity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

20230818_170002[1].jpg

Great stuff Jenny, you have done well in the short time you have been brewing.

Keep it up & enjoy your brews, it won't be long before we have you doing All Grain & Kegging. 😉🐇

Well maybe, but nothing is impossible.

Cheers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jennyss said:

20230818_170002[1].jpg

Very Nice

Well Done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jennyss said:

20230818_170002[1].jpg

Lovely. Is this the one you said a little while ago needs to be 20% tastier to justify all the extra effort?

If yes, what's the verdict @jennyss? Worth the effort?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Is this the one you said a little while ago needs to be 20% tastier to justify all the extra effort?

Yes, you're right - and the jury is still out. I liked the beer more and more as time went on; but I've still got a lot of extracts and hops to try before I really go down the grain rabbit hole. Also we're just getting organised to run two fermenters at the same time, so I think we better stick to the KISS principle for the time being!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Lovely glass of Mosaic FWK.

Awesome mate, the FWK kits are all great, in between AG brews they are great to knock up, in fact you get a very resemblance to your own. You would never go back to K & K, in fact the k & k takes more time, but they still have their place for those to wish to brew them.

• Like 3

Using up old coopers kits. Euro Lager with can LLME made to 19 or 20 litres. 2 packs diamond lager yeast at 13 degrees.

1 kg frozen raspberries in keg for 2 days and been in keg for 3 weeks or so now. Very nice and better head retention than the FWK lagers I make. 

The FWK still taste nicer this was to use up kits.

20230819_180203.jpg

20230819_180210.jpg

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Using up old coopers kits. Euro Lager with can LLME made to 19 or 20 litres. 2 packs diamond lager yeast at 13 degrees.

1 kg frozen raspberries in keg for 2 days and been in keg for 3 weeks or so now. Very nice and better head retention than the FWK lagers I make. 

The FWK still taste nicer this was to use up kits.

20230819_180203.jpg

20230819_180210.jpg

Looks great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1