Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Coopers Dark Ale

A really good Dark, 3 months in the bottle.

Slightly over carbonated now..

IMG_20230625_160539.thumb.jpg.76220ecf27f73a04ed364be298ca480f.jpg

How does it compare to younger versions taste wise? Mine is almost done conditioning, I plan to put a few aside.

4 hours ago, Kegory said:

How does it compare to younger versions taste wise? Mine is almost done conditioning, I plan to put a few aside.

First taste was at about 6 weeks and it was a bit sharp on the taste, slightly under carbonated.

8 weeks and it had smoothed out and was a pleasure to drink, the carbonation was just right.

12 weeks and it's probably not any better, as far as I can tell, It's a great brew. But it's over carbonated now.

Sorry, I'm a beer bogan and can't describe beer other than, I like it or I don't!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey G'day All 🙂

Just popping in to say G'day and Keep on Brewing to you good Coopers Community Brewers One and All!

And yeah thanks for a few of you asking after me - pretty good at my end - just having a bit of time off the site with a few things going on.  Still brewing but need to drop off and lose some weight again for the health.

Wish you all the Best!

image.thumb.png.97dcb46155ed566720368f7cc582765c.png

Cheers : )

image.thumb.png.1c694882fd053f6b27d79f5d46b8ad82.png

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Hey G'day All 🙂

Just popping in to say G'day and Keep on Brewing to you good Coopers Community Brewers One and All!

And yeah thanks for a few of you asking after me - pretty good at my end - just having a bit of time off the site with a few things going on.  Still brewing but need to drop off and lose some weight again for the health.

Wish you all the Best!

Great to hear from you mate, beers looking awesome as usual, keep well, Cheers. 🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Hey G'day All 🙂

Wish you all the Best!

Great to hear from you @Pezzza.  Nice to hear you're still brewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers all you kind Brewers.

One final Hoorah before I need to pop off for a while... a brew photo and some suggestions : )

(disregard if you are already doing this and or don't really need any foolish Pezzza Brewing suggestions)

Cheers, bye for now, and Good Brewing All : )

Kit and Kilo Kings and Queens:

Consider trying the Triple Treat for a great 23L brew:

1 Tin of your favourite Coopers Ale and then add 1 more tin of Coopers Light or Amber Liquid Malt and then add 1 box of Coopers BE2 or BE3

All three together in same Brew...  and enjoy : )

All Grainers

Try adding 500g of Carapils and or 500g of Wheat to a brew for enhanced Head, Head Retention and Mouthfeel... and enjoy : )

One final photo for a while and apologies no fencepost but hopefully the view will overcome lack of the post ; )

Pezzza Mountain Brewing's mid-strength Caramel Pilly at a meagre 5.9% 🥳

image.thumb.png.61808a814d163c8ea0e859dc1676c73d.png

• Like 16

All in Citra EPA with 40 gram citra tea for extra flavour. Very nice more watery than others at 4.4%. The past few have been over 5 pushing 6%.

Only in keg 2 days was on 28 psi for 24 hours then on 14 for last day. Not under done but prefer a bit more carbonation.

20230629_201402.jpg

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 9

Found another crate of Cali Coast IPA (thought it was Cider, should label the crates better). Just short of three months old it is 5.8 % of fully flavoured deliciousness. You’ll give me a pint in a pub I wouldn’t know it is a homebrew. Bittersweet fullbodied fruityness.

IMG_7100.thumb.jpeg.c340bd393d44429a2e1f31fb3db2e0be.jpeg

Also bottled my ESB Australian Old today, straight forward brew, just the monster 3kg can, water and supplied Nottingham yeast to tryout the brand. Fermentation was a bit slow, but finished at the projected FG ( communicated with the ESB brew shop, great response) of 1012.

IMG_7099.thumb.jpeg.f8ed8ebd28a8eca8c1eace7b6f5e7fc2.jpeg

• Like 9

Well I made this a while ago after someone asked if anyone had made the SMOTY but with fermentables.

So I thought I'd give it a go. The recipe plus 500 grams of dextrose and LDME. Plus 250 grams of carapils, steeped.

Went from 1.062 to 1.012, about 6.5%.

It's OK, nice enough and drinkable. But I don't think I'd make it again.

SMOTY, most definitely. With extras, nah.

IMG20230610164913.jpg

Edited by Graculus
  • Like 8

The SMOTY+ was what I was drinking last night.

Tonight I'm drinking the MJ Grapefruit IPA. The same kit that i put on this morning.

Supposed to be like Brewdogs Elvis Juice, but I've never tried that so I don't know.

But I do like this MJ. Probably my favourite at the moment. Gets better with age too.

IMG20230702162920.jpg

• Like 9

I met Davidm this morning as we were passing through.

He, shouted me a long neck of his Dark Ale. (Along with a couple of others)  It's a head master glass so a tad too much head. But certainly passes the taste test. 

Thx David. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1