Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

57 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I am bottling my brews and I always believe that certain types of beer taste better in certain size bottles. Had one of my Copa’s in a Stubby first and now in a Pint bottle. This is so much nicer, much softer carbonation. Happy with this one. 

IMG_6974.jpeg

Tell me more about this sizes for styles theory.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

am bottling my brews and I always believe that certain types of beer taste better in certain size bottles

They look great Brauhaus, and I get what you’re saying about the sizes. Can’t explain it mind 🤔

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just had a sneak taste of the AG brewed Eclipse XPA,

Looks the biz Phil. I get you on the kegging, but if you want to make something from the Vintage series you might want to bottle.

I also need to knock up a slab of COPA for my neighbour, he keeps doing odd jobs around my garden I mention I need to do (he’s retired and I’m not) so I reckon it’s only fair. He’s more of a tradie than me (although I’m not hopeless) and he likes being busy. Or he’s fishing for a free slab, that’s ok by me 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/3/2023 at 9:16 AM, DavidM said:

Coopers Pale Ale

I took this photo because the sun was catching the glass and showing off the bubbles.

Lovely stuff David 👍

Unless you’re Black Sands some photos can be disappointing 😳

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Closely followed by a Duvel clone. I’m looking forward to knocking up a new batch of this, with proper temperature control, in a stainless steel FV. I reckon it’ll help. Then probably have to knock up another one straight away as they take a month to ferment and at least 3 months in the keg.

It’s a Sisyphian task we’ve given ourselves, fellow brewers, (although I wouldn’t call it pointless) 

IMG_8993.jpeg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Kegory said:

Tell me more about this sizes for styles theory.

Could be just irrational and in my mind, but after three years bottling and using different sizes for the same brew I just developed preferences for the various styles. As my Stubbys are all 330ml bottles and out of laziness I use one carbonation drop in them they are always quiet strong carbonated. I like to fill them with Lagers and 'light ales'. Strong Ipa's and Weizen in a pint bottles and Stouts in pints or long necks. Sometimes I think as bigger the bottle the smoother the final product. Even so there shouldn't be a difference but maybe the quantity of yeast and sugars varies for the bottle conditioning?. For example I love Coopers Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale but never enjoyed them in Stubbies, always Long necks or even cans. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Looks the biz Phil. I get you on the kegging, but if you want to make something from the Vintage series you might want to bottle.

I also need to knock up a slab of COPA for my neighbour, he keeps doing odd jobs around my garden I mention I need to do (he’s retired and I’m not) so I reckon it’s only fair. He’s more of a tradie than me (although I’m not hopeless) and he likes being busy. Or he’s fishing for a free slab, that’s ok by me 😉

Yes, bottled beer has been around forever & is here to stay & it's great to have stocks of all sorts to age, drink, trade, swap etc but in the mainstream I would rather be kegging than bottling.

I am thinking of getting a small keg to take the few litres left over from a batch rather than bottle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Could be just irrational and in my mind, but after three years bottling and using different sizes for the same brew I just developed preferences for the various styles. As my Stubbys are all 330ml bottles and out of laziness I use one carbonation drop in them they are always quiet strong carbonated. I like to fill them with Lagers and 'light ales'. Strong Ipa's and Weizen in a pint bottles and Stouts in pints or long necks. Sometimes I think as bigger the bottle the smoother the final product. Even so there shouldn't be a difference but maybe the quantity of yeast and sugars varies for the bottle conditioning?. For example I love Coopers Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale but never enjoyed them in Stubbies, always Long necks or even cans. 

Yeah, I have got mainly Coopers Longnecks, Grolsch bottles & 500ml Hefeweizen style bottles, I don't bother with stubbies, too small for me! 🍺

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Lovely stuff David 👍

Unless you’re Black Sands some photos can be disappointing 😳

Thanks,

I always look forward to your photos

Always great shots and often in interesting places

And yes, Black Sands sets a high bar with his photos

And Well Done to all who share their photos!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tone boy said:

I had to look it up Sainter 🤣🤣

Yes agreed, never ending, but not pointless 🥳

Me too… at the risk of sounding like a bore - I remembered a Greek bloke having to push a rock up a hill for eternity, and the f@*ker kept rolling back down. But I couldn’t remember the exact spelling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1