Coopers Community

BEER GLASSES

i'm loving this style at glass   specially for ipa's  and NEIPAS  as the  keep the aroma trapped  so that you each sip you get that nice  aroma

61Eyuv4fIwL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg.04efdc287f6dd041a49fb890fb2bc4fe.jpg

I do believe  in certian  glasses for particular  style of beer  as you want to be show casing the best out of the beer

for general consuming   and not worried about what you want to showcase just a good ol headmaster glass
will do fine  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

I do believe  in certian  glasses for particular  style of beer  as you want to be show casing the best out of the beer

Yes it does make a difference especially when drinking beers that are poles apart like a hoppy ale or a heavy lager etc.

I have so many glasses I figure I may as well enjoy them while I can. They don't put roof racks on hearses ⚱️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 months later...

The Glassman Strikes again !!

This morning I went down the Bay shopping & walked past a 2nd hand shop & they had a table with asst stuff - everything $5.00. as well as some beer glasses, I asked how much for these 4 & he said $5.00 !!

On the way home I passed another one so dropped in & there you go 4 Crownie's for $4.00

I have said before I don't need anymore but I think it is a habit. 🤔
20220117_130137.thumb.jpg.8672cf1d6ce75bcd14f875126afb5dab.jpg20220117_125607.thumb.jpg.2d225201bb96e349f0b8186a38e3be83.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

there you go 4 Crownie's for $4.00

Great Glasses Phil a cracking buy!!👍

Sadly blew all four of mine... pretty fine glass tho 😬  They were great while they lasted ; )

This was from a cuppla years ago... with a Coopers Kit and Coopers extra Liquid Malt...  you can just see the 'r' of Pilsner  : )

image.thumb.png.c857ad4034c031e14bbdb56f1f8237bf.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Great Glasses Phil a cracking buy!!👍

Sadly blew all four of mine... pretty fine glass tho 😬  They were great while they lasted ; )

This was from a cuppla years ago... with a Coopers Kit and Coopers extra Liquid Malt...  you can just see the 'r' of Pilsner  : )

Yes mate they are, I have a few others with the Southwark logo & also the Southwark Premium logo, they used to serve them with the Stubby when you went to a decent pub or restaurant - back in the megaswill days 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:55 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

This morning I went down the Bay shopping & walked past a 2nd hand shop & they had a table with asst stuff - everything $5.00. as well as some beer glasses, I asked how much for these 4 & he said $5.00 !!

On the way home I passed another one so dropped in & there you go 4 Crownie's for $4.00

20220117_130137.thumb.jpg.8672cf1d6ce75bcd14f875126afb5dab.jpg20220117_125607.thumb.jpg.2d225201bb96e349f0b8186a38e3be83.jpg

KB Lager glass nice 🍺 

I watched a coupla  minutes of the Howzat movie the other day and saw they were drinking KB Lager 😎 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 5:53 AM, RDT2 said:

KB Lager glass nice 🍺 

I watched a coupla  minutes of the Howzat movie the other day and saw they were drinking KB Lager 😎 

I have a recipe for the original KB lager and its on my to do list.  Maybe by the middle of the year will get to it for next summer's drinking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

I have a recipe for the original KB lager and its on my to do list.  Maybe by the middle of the year will get to it for next summer's drinking.

Is that the one with EKG and Hallertau Mittelfrueh for hops , I am trying that one I am ready for a lager.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stickers said:

finally found somewhere that sells nucleated glass ware by the glass in melbourne. picked up 6x425ml for just over $15 🍻

Upon closer inspection I have discovered I have more of them that I knew about, a lot of the old SA Brewery ones & some of the older Coopers all are nucleated as well as a variety of imported glasses in my collection. It does make a difference.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 12:55 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice glasses @Classic Brewing Co, my old man still has a Tooth’s KB Lager glass, he used to own a pub in the UK when I was born, so he has many dimpled glasses, Tetleys, John Smiths, Theakston, Tennants etc.

‘He will pass them onto me when I can get time to build a bar. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Nice glasses @Classic Brewing Co, my old man still has a Tooth’s KB Lager glass, he used to own a pub in the UK when I was born, so he has many dimpled glasses, Tetleys, John Smiths, Theakston, Tennants etc.

‘He will pass them onto me when I can get time to build a bar. 

It must have been good growing up in a Pub, I love all beer glasses especially with beer branding on them, I have far too many but I don't care, they look good in the bar room on shelves though !  Besides there is no-one here to tell me anything anyway. 😀

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 4 months later...

Well had a few beers last night so I’m a bit rusty today as one of our neighbours young bloke passed very sad and unfair only 20. But as a result I ended up talking to another neighbour who I hadn’t really spoken to in great depth and turns out he loves craft beer. He had a few of my beers which he loved but he also supplied me with a couple of decent craft beers and every time he returned with a beer he bought me a new glass🤣 Unfortunately he smashed two in transit🤣

So here’s what he gave me still intact and another standard weihenstephan mug not pictured🍻 Don’t know if I will put any beer in them today see how we go🤔

4B3D3F7E-5CC7-4D23-8736-535065C49F4C.jpeg

• Like 10

So tonight we had dinner in Virginia, which is miles from where we live but not far from the wife's family in Gawler. Lobbed at a very modern looking pub called V.

Being the frugal type I am I see Furphy 425ml are on special for $5. Sweet.

I order one and the barmaid says I can keep the glass too, as they're deleting the Furphy line.

Naturally I drank a couple more. Pretty happy with the wife's choice of dinner venue tonight.

IMG_20220611_205633.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

59 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

So tonight we had dinner in Virginia, which is miles from where we live but not far from the wife's family in Gawler. Lobbed at a very modern looking pub called V.

I order one and the barmaid says I can keep the glass too, as they're deleting the Furphy line.

Naturally I drank a couple more. Pretty happy with the wife's choice of dinner venue tonight.

IMG_20220611_205633.jpg

Good to see you are in the passenger seat Muzzo, nice haul, now we know you are a Pi.....t !! 🤣

And what's wrong with Furphy I say ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

Nothing at all. Especially at $5.

I actually really like Furphy, a lot, in fact when I was travelling through Mexico/NSW etc it was my first go to drink, I had to steer clear of that dreaded horriblis muck in the green tin !!

Apart from that I really like it's hoppy flavour.

The Pub at Virginia is great but a wee bit too far if you are going to have more than a few 🚔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I actually really like Furphy, a lot, in fact when I was travelling through Mexico/NSW etc it was my first go to drink, I had to steer clear of that dreaded horriblis muck in the green tin !!

Apart from that I really like it's hoppy flavour.

The Pub at Virginia is great but a wee bit too far if you are going to have more than a few 🚔

Yeah, I like it's fruity flavour too.
Fortunately I married well. She only has the occasional drink and drives most of the time. As you can probably tell by the photo, the empty glasses and slits for eyes suggest I had more than a few.🍻😁

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Fortunately I married well. She only has the occasional drink and drives most of the time

My wife doesn't drink beer so I get a free driver whenever we go and visit breweries. Wives can be useful sometimes. Also they usually have a handbag that you can accidently put a fancy beer glass in when you're out and about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, MUZZY said:

IMG_20220611_205633.jpg

Homebrewers version of a chuffed photo vs bank robbers chuffed photo🤣29CC3103-BB1D-453C-9E50-C26554E83C48.jpeg.9ab270260b501ddc6d12f0b4cc29d756.jpeg

• Haha 3