Coopers Community

BEER GLASSES

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

I just went shopping & noticed these in the Salvos shop window, She wanted $2 for the lot, I gave her $5 - all for a good cause, I like drinking out of this style of glass now & again.

20210506_142152 (2).jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with those little rippers Classic mate. Drink up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I just went shopping & noticed these in the Salvos shop window, She wanted $2 for the lot, I gave her $5 - all for a good cause, I like drinking out of this style of glass now & again.

20210506_142152 (2).jpg

They are a nice looking glass and set. As a matter of interest how much do they hold.

• Like 1

CALL ME THE THE GLASS MAN

I just went to the Hairdresser & there is a little Op Shop around the corner from me so I called in, yes I bought more Beer Glasses !!

The ticket on some of them said $3.00 so I asked how much for the lot & she said $3.00. So what do you do. Now I have to clean them & try one out later !!

20210507_113228 (2).jpg

Edited by CLASSIC
MISTAKE
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I just went to the Hairdresser & there is a little Op Shop around the corner from me so I called in, yes I bought more Beer Glasses !!

The ticket on some of them said $3.00 so I asked how much for the lot & she said $3.00. So what do you do. Now I have to clean them & try one out later !!

20210507_113228 (2).jpg

Very nice find   3 bucks for 7 glasses no way  ya can whinge with that  ..

i may have to  find hairdressers that have op shops next to them lol

• Like 1

Very nice find   3 bucks for 7 glasses no way  ya can whinge with that  ..

i may have to  find hairdressers that have op shops next to them lol

I agree I do not need anymore glasses but I had to have them. They cleaned up nicely & one of them is anxiously waiting for me to fill it with one of my Classic Bitters & try it out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

20210507_113228 (2).jpg

Great find Classic mate. Bloody Nora - 3 bucks.  - Steal at that price.

Great find Classic mate. Bloody Nora - 3 bucks.  - Steal at that price.

Yes it is, I did offer the old dears at the OP Shop more but they wouldn't accept it due to some law which I find stupid as they are all volunteers & it goes to a worthy cause, Bloody bureaucracy.

It was a steal but I am not complaining, just have to stop buying Beer Glasses !!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

MORE BEER GLASSES !!  😬

Well I have done it again, not intentionally but drove pass the Lions Club building where they sell Secondhand/Collectables of all sorts on the way to Coles, I was just going to have a look but no, I saw Beer Glasses didn't I.

I am sure I have posted enough photos of glasses for most of you know I DO NOT NEED ANYMORE.

Anyway this little lot including 2 X Beer Jugs set me back $9.00, I would like to think that it was a donation but my obsession to stockpile beer glasses is getting out of hand. 🤪

20210602_120954.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/2/2021 at 1:01 PM, CLASSIC said:

MORE BEER GLASSES !!  😬

Well I have done it again, not intentionally but drove pass the Lions Club building where they sell Secondhand/Collectables of all sorts on the way to Coles, I was just going to have a look but no, I saw Beer Glasses didn't I.

I am sure I have posted enough photos of glasses for most of you know I DO NOT NEED ANYMORE.

Anyway this little lot including 2 X Beer Jugs set me back $9.00, I would like to think that it was a donation but my obsession to stockpile beer glasses is getting out of hand. 🤪

Glass Man I think you may need help lol. Cheers.

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Glass Man I think you may need help lol. Cheers.

Tell me about it, I reckon I have every type of Beer Glass known to man, absolutely too many but they look good !! I haven't got room for anymore no matter what they are.
Maybe I could open a Beer Glass Museum 🤔

Perhaps we can get your user name changed to Glassic? 😄

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

THE GLASS MAN STRIKES AGAIN  😬

Yikes !! I took some cans & stubbies back to the recycling depot & on the way home I noticed the Lion's Club Op Shop was open & of course more glasses !!

I had previously bought my 2 Beer Jugs there & they still had 2 left, the 1/2 Yard Glass & 3 Steins. Now I need more shelves.

I have been using Jugs lately & as @iBooz2 pointed out in one post you are able to fill the jug in one pour & leave any sediment in the bottle, so in Summer time, BBQ's etc the extra jugs will come in handy when I have company.

Cheers

Phil

20210728_120428.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE STYLE OF BEER GLASS

What's you favourite style of beer glass to drink out of ? Obviously some glasses are designed to suit different beer ie: Draughts/Lagers suit Handles/Schooner style, Wheat Beers suit weizen style, Pilsners suit the wider top style etc ...  but I was wondering if there are some of us who don't really care & just grab anything or perhaps have a favourite that is used for everything.

Recently I had a few friends over to try 6 or so different beers & most of them said to me don't worry about a clean glass I will use this one.  I am not trying to be pedantic but I really do feel it does make a difference to pour a style into a glass for which it is intended.

I really don't have a favourite as I have so many & I have been fortunate to be able to brew many different styles & use them accordingly.

Cheers

THE GLASSMAN

🍻

Beer Facts

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I am not trying to be pedantic but I really do feel it does make a difference to pour a style into a glass for which it is intended.

I am a true believer @CLASSIC Phil luvyerwork... 

If yer ever spent any time in Deutschi you will see the advanced beer technology... the pour... the glass style - shape - volume... beer coasters... the little drip mats circling the stem...  usually all accoutrement associated with the specific brewery the beer is from... with their specific glasses for their specific beers...

Aaargh a truly beautiful thing.

And don't forget the ceramics me ol' Cobber!

@Aussiekraut AK will vouch for their importance for some beers : )

image.thumb.png.461878ae6a95250cf40911f5076038fb.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

I am a true believer @CLASSIC Phil luvyerwork... 

If yer ever spent any time in Deutschi you will see the advanced beer technology... the pour... the glass style - shape - volume... beer coasters... the little drip mats circling the stem...  usually all accoutrement associated with the specific brewery the beer is from... with their specific glasses for their specific beers...

Aaargh a truly beautiful thing.

And don't forget the ceramics me ol' Cobber!

@Aussiekraut AK will vouch for their importance for some beers : )

image.thumb.png.461878ae6a95250cf40911f5076038fb.png

Bloody oath. The lid keeps the flies out and the beer at temperature. Fun fact, did you know coasters were not meant to put your glass on but to use them as a cover for flies and other undesired guests? In Bavaria they are even called “Bier Deckel”, meaning beer lid.👍

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Bloody oath. The lid keeps the flies out and the beer at temperature. Fun fact, did you know coasters were not meant to put your glass on but to use them as a cover for flies and other undesired guests? In Bavaria they are even called “Bier Deckel”, meaning beer lid.👍

I totally concur, in parts of the Outback in Australia most Beer Gardens put Coasters on the tables for that very reason. 🦋

• Like 1