Coopers Community

BEER GLASSES

On 6/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, MUZZY said:

So tonight we had dinner in Virginia, which is miles from where we live but not far from the wife's family in Gawler. Lobbed at a very modern looking pub called V.

Being the frugal type I am I see Furphy 425ml are on special for $5. Sweet.

I order one and the barmaid says I can keep the glass too, as they're deleting the Furphy line.

Naturally I drank a couple more. Pretty happy with the wife's choice of dinner venue tonight.

IMG_20220611_205633.jpg

I've never seen a bloke more chuffed with a bunch of glasses in my life!

What a bloody awesome pic, Muzzy!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Cee said:

I've never seen a bloke more chuffed with a bunch of glasses in my life!

What a bloody awesome pic, Muzzy!

Happy for a few reasons, Cee. Got cheap beers, pickled and free glasses and the wife didn't mind. It didn't hurt that we took her dad out for dinner. She'll overlook my dubious consumption levels if her dad's included. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Happy for a few reasons, Cee. Got cheap beers, pickled and free glasses and the wife didn't mind. It didn't hurt that we took her dad out for dinner. She'll overlook my dubious consumption levels if her dad's included. 😁

So all round a winner of an evening!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Happy for a few reasons, Cee. Got cheap beers, pickled and free glasses and the wife didn't mind. It didn't hurt that we took her dad out for dinner. She'll overlook my dubious consumption levels if her dad's included. 

It all works Muzza, great that it all is working for you & everyone is happy.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

The Glassman strikes again, I went to the Bottle'O for some more Sierra Nevada which I thought was still on special, the Manager said ' Sorry mate, the promo has finished but you can have these if you want'

Really - fancy asking me that !!! 

Now I have 12 of them. 🥳

20220714_133006.thumb.jpg.946ca1481e28284ad7b34fc3412c38a0.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A beer glass of sorts

Haha if I tried to fill that sucker with me Pluto Guns I reckon the brew would come screaming back out the way it went in like an old style Blunderbuss?  🥳

image.thumb.png.5ab9f396971a0262ec7b0c5dc646999b.png

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

I've got the exact same one, have had it for 23 years, was a B'day gift, never did accomplish the whole thing, maybe i should try again.....🤔

I have another one in the other corner & I have managed to drink it's contents years ago  but I had to have a short break as I remember getting this terrible 'Ice cream headache' 🥶

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have another one in the other corner & I have managed to drink it's contents years ago  but I had to have a short break as I remember getting this terrible 'Ice cream headache' 🥶

I remember the first time trying it and was not aware of the sudden rush from the bowl haha

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 10:32 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I donated some stuff to the Lion's Club 2nd hand shop this morning & they always have a few beer glasses & stuff that I don't need & these were 50c each so the Glassman has struck again 😉

I will be struggling to find room on the shelves !

20221015_124213.thumb.jpg.548e3ddf2363bed93d5cc3bb9e3b147d.jpg

I remember my parents had a couple of those fosters trays in the background!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Only five beer receptacles - mine is the middy glass and the schooner is my husband's. The pewters and big glass rarely get used.  And we have about thirty stubby holders, collected over thirty years in our travels.

It is good to see some beer glasses @jennyss some people I know just use the first glass they grab but no chance at my place, glasses everywhere. I have many Stubby Holders I have collected & samples of all of the sales over the years, I have never got around to counting them.  95% of them have never been used.

But we all do what we do so I guess if you don't need them, you don't buy them.

• Like 1

I had a nice surprise yesterday; I received a delivery from AUS POST & it was from our good friend @Brauhaus Fritz  he kindly sent these beauties. Most of you would know I don't need more beer glasses, but stamp collecting is boring, so my collection still grows.

I love Steins & I have quite a few different ones, but the German glasses really appeal to me.

Thank you very much BF, very much appreciated & I will be sending you a package with some Stubby Holders & promo gear.

Cheers

Phil

20221104_075154.thumb.jpg.4d810effc146e6dbae28ab2a7d7018ee.jpg

20221104_075239.thumb.jpg.073ae140b6f65361d9fca52454bac41a.jpg

• Like 7