Coopers Community

BEER GLASSES

I certainly do not need anymore Beer Glasses, but I went to the Butcher yesterday & there is a small OPP shop next door run by little old lady volunteers & I  saw these & put them on the counter

& said 'how much do you want for these' she said $5.00 - I thought she meant each but that was for the lot, I gave her $10.00 & she said I was a nice man.

I won twice in 1 day. 😊

20210316_102459 (2).jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I certainly do not need anymore Beer Glasses, but I went to the Butcher yesterday & there is a small OPP shop next door run by little old lady volunteers & I  saw these & put them on the counter

& said 'how much do you want for these' she said $5.00 - I thought she meant each but that was for the lot, I gave her $10.00 & she said I was a nice man.

I won twice in 1 day. 😊

20210316_102459 (2).jpg

you did very well and i am sure they will clean up nice ly

amazing what ya can find in an opp shop

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@CLASSIC would you be willing to part with one of those one litre steins?

@jamiek86 I sort of 'unofficially' collect Beer Seins, here's a few more, if I was going to part with the KB litre steins I would let the 2 go. What did you have in mind ?

I would be happy to talk to you but we have to bear in mind this isn't Gumtree so a message may be more appropriate. 

The Weihenstephan Steins are readily available here at one of LBS & they come in 3 sizes as well as the 23.5cm tall glasses in the 2nd photo.

Cheers

20210317_080504 (2).jpg

20210123_122314[1].jpg

• Like 5

23 hours ago, ozdevil said:

you did very well and i am sure they will clean up nice ly

amazing what ya can find in an opp shop

I remember my dad had 6 of those Spaten tulips. Well, to start with. They were gradually reduced to one or two 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I remember my dad had 6 of those Spaten tulips. Well, to start with. They were gradually reduced to one or two 🙂 

I find they are great glasses for sampling a new brew,  each pour gets better & you can convince yourself you aren't drinking that much. Cheers. 😄

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

I had been using Brigalow bottle washing detergent on my beer glasses and wondering if this is reason the beer is not holding head? I have now got some Sodium Carbonate and going to try it. Any tips on a good detergent?

my method

soak in PBW  in boiling hotwater

scrub with a bottle brush and then a chux cloth around

dunk glass in hot water to rinse

then in a glasswashing bucket  in sanitiser

then place glass upside down on a tablecloth and allow to dry
on its own

and never have an issue

every so often i will rinse under a tap 1st  and they sprinkle table salt into the glass

this will show you the dirty spots

then with a chux cloth  i run around the glass  as the salt will also help in cleaning the glass as well

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

I had been using Brigalow bottle washing detergent on my beer glasses and wondering if this is reason the beer is not holding head? I have now got some Sodium Carbonate and going to try it. Any tips on a good detergent?

A dirty glass will always kill a head !

I give all of my glasses & really good going over in the sink with hot water & detergent, rinsed them off thoroughly & then soaked them in cold water with Brew Essentials Sanitizer which is a no rinse product. I dried them by standing upside down in the beer fridge & left them for a few days. The difference was unbelievable.  They all perform & as you can see I have a variety but obviously cannot use them all at once. Every now & again I repeat this but I always rinse out the glass a soon as I have finished with them, hot water then cold.

This practice works for me but others may have other views.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Attached is a guide which should explain it in detail, Cheers.

Beer Glasses.html

• Like 2

These 2 glasswashers will help  in the aid of getting your beer glasses clean

I use both of these

the 3 brush glass cleaner  i use in PBW   however the middle brush is slightly taller for the bigger beer glass

the glasswasher in the blue tub  is the one i use for  sanitiser

3brushess.jpeg.f930373b47a98cddfec2fa9920df1a1f.jpeg

231362094_GLASSWASHER.jpg.908c57c94a0ed684fd0676cf62a5684c.jpg

They make light work of the process and a great investment 

they only get used on my  glassware   beer and wine only

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Sorry Old Chap, I will go & stand in the corner. 🤔

no it's all good mate obviously your getting some good feedback here we can all get in on. I'll blow the cobwebs off mine once I get some new talent and don't have to work next week. I forgot to put a laughing face at the end of it dont worry I'm mainly sarcastic or class clown when say stuff.

@CLASSIC get a hold of your thread man someone posting stubbies @BlackSands

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1