Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

See the source image

Watch this space for some Venison photos, my mate has just returned from a Deer cull & they shot 9 beasts, the meat was divided up & he has scored Backstraps/Loin Steaks/Front & Back Legs as well as Brisket. I am looking forward to cooking some of this as it was hung for 2 days & butchered professionally. Bring it on 🍽️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Watch this space for some Venison photos, my mate has just returned from a Deer cull & they shot 9 beasts

@Classic Brewing Co Phil mate, looking promising 👍

I'm sure you are going to knock out some great stuff, got faith in you 😇

As I mentioned earlier it's hunting season here (actually most of the meat is farmed, but never mind, we'll skip over that one...) and they have some nice traditional sides with each dish: spätzli, sprouts, red cabbage, chestnuts, pear poached in wine, cranberry sauce. Here's one I had the other day (in a restaurant so once again, cheating a bit)

chasse.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, stquinto said:

'm sure you are going to knock out some great stuff, got faith in you 😇

As I mentioned earlier it's hunting season here (actually most of the meat is farmed, but never mind, we'll skip over that one...) and they have some nice traditional sides with each dish: spätzli, sprouts, red cabbage, chestnuts, pear poached in wine, cranberry sauce. Here's one I had the other day (in a restaurant so once again, cheating a bit)

Looks lovely @stquintoI especially like the cranberry & grapes & a lovely jus - awesome, very nice it looks great. Cheers. 🍷

• Like 1

My first attempt at a reverse searing a rib eye steak 🥩. I am now a fan it was so juicy. I just did it in the oven with a temperature prob and fry pan 1 min each side after resting for 15 minutes with a Texas rub. Can’t wait to try it on the Weber with some smoke😋

BF4B6FDE-3798-4135-892E-996EB4C60574.jpeg

023AF06D-0A40-49AE-928F-6DCD7A49141E.jpeg

5C072A54-75AC-4396-875C-4E314AC74A46.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

My first attempt at a reverse searing a rib eye steak 🥩. I am now a fan it was so juicy. I just did it in the oven with a temperature prob and fry pan 1 min each side after resting for 15 minutes with a Texas rub. Can’t wait to try it on the Weber with some smoke😋

wait, so you oven bake it, then rest it for 15 and then you pan fry with some rub added at that point? I've never heard such witchcraft before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

wait, so you oven bake it, then rest it for 15 and then you pan fry with some rub added at that point? I've never heard such witchcraft before.

You put a rub on first then indirect cook so oven or Weber etc at 135degrees till it’s internal temp is 56ish degrees then rest for 15minutes then as my dad says heat your pan/barbecue to a cherry red (joking) to a high heat minute each side and eat immediately as it’s already had its rest. You do it with a thick cut steak like tomahawk/rib eye etc it’s seals the juices and was devine😋

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, RDT2 said:

You put a rub on first then indirect cook so oven or Weber etc at 135degrees till it’s internal temp is 56ish degrees then rest for 15minutes then as my dad says heat your pan/barbecue to a cherry red (joking) to a high heat minute each side and eat immediately as it’s already had its rest. You do it with a thick cut steak like tomahawk/rib eye etc it’s seals the juices and was devine😋

Looks a beaut mate! I salt mine, sear it 30 -  45  seconds each side twice in a cast iron pan (to get the crisscross lines ), then in the oven set at 80 degrees. I set the probe to beep at 53 (very rare). No need to rest it as at 80 degrees it’s quite “relaxed”. Same principle as yours but you sear after. I will try your method next time. I recommend the 80 degree cook though - the meat is very tender. It might take an hour for a thick T bone, but if your pre-dinner drinks overrun, you can turn the oven down to 60 and it stops cooking. It’ll stay that way for at least 30 minutes 

Edited by stquinto
  • Like 2

Did a Brisket on the Weber today smoked with Apple wood really nice. I used a supermarket brisket for the first try in case I stuffed it. Turned out really nice and juicy, wife wants another one tomorrow yes!!!🤣

C155B694-6CAD-4AC4-B2BB-C98595993534.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Did a Brisket on the Weber today smoked with Apple wood really nice. I used a supermarket brisket for the first try in case I stuffed it. Turned out really nice and juicy, wife wants another one tomorrow yes!!!🤣

Looks outstanding @RDT2, how long did you smoke it for / rest etc? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, RDT2 said:

Looks like a mighty fine bit of

meat there @RDT2 😋

On 10/19/2021 at 5:48 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well know things are looking up in the kitchen department, I bought a new Gas Cooker today so I am looking forward to posting better food images on this thread. I could have bought a 3 Font Kegerator & a few accessories but one has to get his priorities right.

Maybe next time. 😂

1147732786_gascooker.thumb.jpg.17df83d60674a3db9a09cdf78b985b03.jpg

Looks like you’re in for a few treats Phil 👍

Still waiting for your game dishes, getting impatient 😜

• Haha 1