Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It sure looked like a nice steak man, I just prefer a sear on both sides & cook it medium, turning once, rest & eat but we are all different.

I am having Pork Sirloin Steaks tonight with Hasselback Potatoes & Greens & a bottle of Annie's Lane Shiraz .

Obviously I cannot cook them medium but I will do them in a skillet with garlic, rosemary, cracked pepper & sea salt.

20211201_153021.thumb.jpg.34e54a4c6b7f89845518881e05b5ebbf.jpg

They look the business Phil, quite fond of pork chops, so long as they don't dry out.

I was going to make some hasselback spuds the other day but in the end went with sautéed ones. Will give 'en a try next time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes it is here to in SA, Lamb & Beef prices are sky high, Pork, Fish, Seafood & Chicken all OK.

Those cost 40 Chf, down from 60 per kilo. Which is 60 AU$ instead of 90. Good job SWMBO's a veggie, but I've made epicureans out of my kids...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It sure looked like a nice steak man, I just prefer a sear on both sides & cook it medium, turning once, rest & eat but we are all different.

I am having Pork Sirloin Steaks tonight with Hasselback Potatoes & Greens & a bottle of Annie's Lane Shiraz .

Obviously I cannot cook them medium but I will do them in a skillet with garlic, rosemary, cracked pepper & sea salt.

20211201_153021.thumb.jpg.34e54a4c6b7f89845518881e05b5ebbf.jpg

Nice work @Classic Brewing Co Phil - and love the presentation - beeeyoooodiful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Yes you can.

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Obviously I cannot cook them medium

4 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Pork is okay now, not infested with worms and parasites.

Agreed... the below ain't medium... Hackepeter... pork straight out the mincer - finely chopped shallots - some white pepper - some salt - bit of black pepper.... yumbo scrumbo.... some may call it Pork Tartare...

image.png.2a574a0671bf284d20eb7eaab0092d90.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Hey do any of you Food Lords make your own mayonnaise?  

Be keen to hear some good advice on making home fresh mayo from eggses oil mustard etc 

Never have mate, but tried to make aïoli once: not that easy to get it right. I tried it with the blender, with the oil going though the little hole very slowly. It ended up OK but not really think enough. The general idea is crush some garlic, then add a egg yolk (without busting it) and some mustard, then beat in some (a small amount to begin with) olive oil, and gradually add more whilst still beating. It should take about 10 minutes. At the end you can add some lemon juice. All of the ingredients should be at the same temperature (take out of the fridge 30 minutes before).

1 egg yolk, 4 crushed cloves of garlic (cut the middle bit out), 20cl olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. And a pinch of salt.

If it works a teaspoon should stand up in it 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Ceviche 

To be technical you are correct but both pretty close. 😀

Ceviche (also spelled seviche and cebiche) is an appetizer popular in Latin America which consists of raw fish marinated in citrus (usually lime) juice. The acid in the lime juice "cooks" the fish. Onions, tomatoes and green peppers are often added to the marinade. Only very fresh fish should be used for this dish.

Carpaccio is an Italian dish, mainly served as an appetizer, made of very thin slices of raw beef. It is usually flavored with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and capers or pine seeds. Nowadays also other types of meat and fish (particularly salmon) are being used. According to legend, the name carpaccio is derived from the Italian Renaissance painter, Vittore Carpaccio). In 1950 chef Giuseppe Cipriani of Venice served thinly sliced raw beef to a customer who could not eat cooked beef. He named the dish in honor of the painter, whose works were exhibited in Venice in that year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That looks like a Carpaccio, would that be Kingfish ? with citrus juice. Nice anyway. 

It was kingfish Phil, well spotted. But with a bit of soy sauce, ginger, and some other stuff I don’t remember. 

6 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Ceviche 

The menu said raw marinated kingfish

Maybe you’re both right 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Join the club Phil, I’ve got a wife, a mother-in-law and a few sisters-in-law in there too 

Well I think you know we mean the seafood & French wine but it all looks good mate, I have been a bit slack with my gourmet recipes as I am preparing for a house move which is also interrupting my brewing but we do what we have to do.

Cheers.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well I think you mean the seafood & French wine but it all looks good mate, I have been a bit slack with my gourmet recipes as I am preparing for a house move which is also interrupting my brewing but we do what we have to do.

Cheers.

I wish you all the best on the move mate, not much fun…

I’ll be honest it’s a bit of a blowout because starting on Monday they’ll be closing down in a lot of European countries. 
I hope you all are managing ok down under. At least you’ve got summer to look forward to - it’s bloody snowing here

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I wish you all the best on the move mate, not much fun…

I’ll be honest it’s a bit of a blowout because starting on Monday they’ll be closing down in a lot of European countries. 
I hope you all are managing ok down under. At least you’ve got summer to look forward to - it’s bloody snowing here

That's sad news, I think globally there is about to be another crisis but I guess the experts can handle it.

• Confused 1