Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

13 hours ago, ChristinaS1 said:

Hey @Geoff S, that is an interesting contraption. I have never seen one of those before. Is it especially for drumsticks?

You Australians sure love to BBQ. 

Cheers,

Christina.

Yep,  legs & wings, does a brilliant job, only way to do them.

• Like 2

Catch up with the kids, took the smoker to my daughters place and cooked a 3kg Brisket Flat. 

It was outstanding, really tender and full of flavour.  Home made rub O/N in the fridge - Spritzed with apple cider vinegar during the cook, smoke time about 7 hours, taken off the grill and wrapped @ approx 92 deg C internal and rested for 3 hours in a warm esky.

Brisket grill carve and plated-2.jpg

Brisket grill carve and plated-3.jpg

Brisket grill carve and plated-4.jpg

Brisket grill carve and plated.jpg

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Catch up with the kids, took the smoker to my daughters place and cooked a 3kg Brisket Flat. 

It was outstanding, really tender and full of flavour.  Home made rub O/N in the fridge - Spritzed with apple cider vinegar during the cook, smoke time about 7 hours, taken off the grill and wrapped @ approx 92 deg C internal and rested for 3 hours in a warm esky.

Looks awesome @Mickep well done, looks like a nice crust as well. Cheers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, stquinto said:
17 hours ago, Mickep said:

It was outstanding, really tender and full of flavour.

Really looks the business mate 👍

Thanks Sainter, I was really stoked with this effort. It was melt in the mouth stuff. I chose not to add to many of the Hickory wood chips either - kept it subtle - good choice me thinks.

• Like 1

Hackepeter - Pork Tartare type German thing... or maybe Zwiebelmett.... here in prep with fresh little onions from garden... plus salt and white pepper - very nice with the Hefeweizen and fresh Rye Bread ; )  Cooking Time: Nil 😋

image.thumb.png.3ff99a4bcef586da342b4f90e7ddf2c6.png

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Hackepeter - Pork Tartare type German thing... or maybe Zwiebelmett.... here in prep with fresh little onions from garden... plus salt and white pepper - very nice with the Hefeweizen and fresh Rye Bread ; )  Cooking Time: Nil 😋

Nice, as long as you don't get a taste for raw meat.  See the source image

🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

image.thumb.png.3ff99a4bcef586da342b4f90e7ddf2c6.png

Looking good IP, never come across pork tartare though- here you get steak tartare, and even horse tartare 😉

21 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looking good IP, never come across pork tartare though- here you get steak tartare, and even horse tartare 😉

It is a famous recipe but not for me, I tried a little bit once & won't be going back for more. 😬 I like the meat I am eating to have stopped breathing 😁

swine-clipart-of-cartoon-hungry-hillbilly-guy-chasing-a-pig-with-a-knife-and-fork-by-lafftoon-2541.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I apologise to all the wood fired pizza chefs here, because clearly I don't have one to cook my pizzas in but I try and make do with the little electric number I've got. Last nights Pizza - a bit of everything thrown in- went okay.

They are usually the best ones, I hate skimpy toppings despite the fact the Italians pizze tradizionanli only ever had 3 toppers - the colours of their flag.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I apologise to all the wood fired pizza chefs here, because clearly I don't have one to cook my pizzas in but I try and make do with the little electric number I've got. Last nights Pizza - a bit of everything thrown in- went okay.

Pizza.jpg

Looks pretty tasty to me, Mick. There's more than one way to skin a cat. I'd love a wood fired pizza oven but I know for me it'd be a waste of money for the amount of times I'd use it. I get pretty good results with a pizza stone on my Weber. Granted I may fall short in quality to a decent wood oven pizza but living in the heart of the Italian corner of Adelaide there's numerous authentic pizza bars where I can get the real deal if I need to.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They are usually the best ones, I hate skimpy toppings despite the fact the Italians pizze tradizionanli only ever had 3 toppers - the colours of their flag.

I also like plenty of toppings but if you get a good Italian pizza the more is less theory really comes into play.
I've never been to Europe but I do remember my parents complaining about how scabby the Italians were with toppings on pizza when they travelled there. 😄
Our problem in Australia (if you could call it that) is we are relatively wealthy and have an abundance of foods available to us, so we have a tendency to Australian-ise food from other cultures by adding more to them. A classic example is spaghetti marinara. Traditionally made by Italian women for their fisherman husbands (MARINERS = MARINAIO), it was simply pasta with tomato sauce. It was a practical food because it would last for days without spoiling while they were at sea for numerous days. Then comes along someone with a poor knowledge of Italian, probably an Aussie, and decides marinara means fish and we get Aussie spaghetti marinara with seafood in it.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I also like plenty of toppings but if you get a good Italian pizza the more is less theory really comes into play.
I've never been to Europe but I do remember my parents complaining about how scabby the Italians were with toppings on pizza when they travelled there. 😄
Our problem in Australia (if you could call it that) is we are relatively wealthy and have an abundance of foods available to us, so we have a tendency to Australian-ise food from other cultures by adding more to them. A classic example is spaghetti marinara. Traditionally made by Italian women for their fisherman husbands (MARINERS = MARINAIO), it was simply pasta with tomato sauce. It was a practical food because it would last for days without spoiling while they were at sea for numerous days. Then comes along someone with a poor knowledge of Italian, probably an Aussie, and decides marinara means fish and we get Aussie spaghetti marinara with seafood in it.

My favourite, heaps of seafood, chilli, basil & cheese.

See the source image

• Like 4

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks nice mate, shame about the wine, sounds unusual for a Penfolds, looking at the 2017 label I am assuming it was a screw top ?

No mate, a real cork. The supermarket here is quite decent: I’ll go back, buy another bottle so I can keep the receipt, wait a couple of days and take it back.  They change it straight off, no names, no pack drill. I only do that when it’s bad and not cheap, don’t want to take the p*ss and be dishonest about it