Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That's sad news, I think globally there is about to be another crisis but I guess the experts can handle it.

I wish I could be as confident as you, but let’s get back to beer….

To misquote Charlton Heston, they’ll have to drag my beer glass from my cold, dead fingers 🤣

On 12/1/2021 at 11:08 AM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Local Village Butcher TBone cut to order - one and three quarter inch thick - Dave said he even got the tape measure out ; )

Cryovacced cold stored for a few weeks - dressed up with EVOO Cab Sauv and fresh picked Rosemary n fresh grind Black Pepper.

Then oven slow bake prior to reverse sear - beautiful flavour and gentle texture 🥳

Will try a grill sear rather than the plate next time for the LOLs : )

Recommend with glass or two of Barossa Shiraz off Ebenezer Terroir e.g. see below link

https://schulzwines.com.au/buy-wines/

image.thumb.png.c61296419afdc8dfc2efc9c50adfc0e7.png

image.thumb.png.5264cbb7e536ac8d033388b744bd6f9c.png

From our old mate in Portland @Itinerant Peasant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I'm not a great cook but even I can make a good curry. This one is chicken and vegetables with Basmati rice. So simple to make and full of flavour. Washed down with a Thomas Cooper Family Secret Amber Ale. Nice.

Good one Muzzy, I love Curry, first time we have seen you post on this thread, keep us posted on your culinary delights.

I notice the chick peas in the dish but where's the coriander ?  😀 Cheers.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I didn't have any coriander on hand so I didn't bother with it. I like it but others in the household don't. 

Yeah normally the way, others don't like parsley or mint & so on. Living by myself means I can load stuff up with garlic & chili & garnish with what I want but I understand it is different with a family.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah normally the way, others don't like parsley or mint & so on. Living by myself means I can load stuff up with garlic & chili & garnish with what I want but I understand it is different with a family.

I was growing coriander up until a few months ago but the plant was exhausted and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it. Luckily we all like garlic and chilli so that was plentiful in this dish. Used my first crop of home grown garlic in it but I don't think I'll grow it again. It tested my patience too much. It's such a slow growing vegetable. Zzzzz...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

I was growing coriander up until a few months ago but the plant was exhausted and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it. Luckily we all like garlic and chilli so that was plentiful in this dish. Used my first crop of home grown garlic in it but I don't think I'll grow it again. It tested my patience too much. It's such a slow growing vegetable. Zzzzz...

The other thing is being surrounded by Fresh Fruit & Veg shops/Supermarkets sometimes it's not really viable to grow a lot of stuff although I do grow herbs & chili. The prices these days are really pretty good on fresh produce, by the way weren't you embarking on a new career in Fruit & Veg Con ? 🥕 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

The other thing is being surrounded by Fresh Fruit & Veg shops/Supermarkets sometimes it's not really viable to grow a lot of stuff although I do grow herbs & chili. The prices these days are really pretty good on fresh produce, by the way weren't you embarking on a new career in Fruit & Veg Con ? 🥕 

Yeah, I've got some great options for fresh produce on my side of town. There's now TWO Tony & Mark's stores in Newton!! Plus other shops.
I've still got 11 days before I start the new job but it's delivering processed vegetables. I'm not sure yet what benefits there is for staff in regards to buying stuff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Yeah, I've got some great options for fresh produce on my side of town. There's now TWO Tony & Mark's stores in Newton!! Plus other shops.
I've still got 11 days before I start the new job but it's delivering processed vegetables. I'm not sure yet what benefits there is for staff in regards to buying stuff. 

Well you do live in market garden country with a lot of migrants establishing the soil/area, I used to live in Hectorville/Magill back in the early 70's, there are still a few signs of greenhouses etc in the outer suburbs.

All the best with your new job Muzzy, Cheers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well you do live in market garden country with a lot of migrants establishing the soil/area, I used to live in Hectorville/Magill back in the early 70's, there are still a few signs of greenhouses etc in the outer suburbs.

All the best with your new job Muzzy, Cheers. 

Thanks, Phil.
My house is about 20 years old. It's built on land that used to be market gardens. Not so much in recent years but in my early years here we'd sometimes get spinach popping up in the lawn. Obviously from seeds left behind in the soil from the market garden days. 🙂 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks, Phil.
My house is about 20 years old. It's built on land that used to be market gardens. Not so much in recent years but in my early years here we'd sometimes get spinach popping up in the lawn. Obviously from seeds left behind in the soil from the market garden days. 🙂 

Yep I remember tomato's popping up along with other things from years past, strangely they developed & were eatable. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

a Ratzeputz 

Ooooooooh yes Sainter.... Goodness me Ratzeputz is RED HOT luvyerwork 🥳

And Goose is great.

Best I have had is smoked Goose Breast for Easter in Germany - that was sennnnnnnsational.

Me and some German mates years also ago did the ol Roast Goose years ago with Rotkohl and Roast Spuds... followed up by a Feuerzangenbowle wooooooooo that was hard core w overproof Schnapps ; )

Cheers

IP

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MUZZY said:

The presentation is outstanding, Dave. And are they dumplings served with it?

It was pretty darned good Muzz, red cabbage, kale and potato dumplings too. Couldn’t risk finishing the dumplings otherwise you can’t fit any more beer in. Got to be tactical with German grub, not like Italian 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks nice @stquinto I haven't had Goose for ages, Duck a few months ago, Roast Chicken tonight & tomorrow night Lamb.

I frenched these earlier & will do a marinade, the weather is holding ATM so they will go on the BBQ, I will have them Medium. 

20180327_190737.thumb.jpg.89447f1fc065fb5e1d5a764656a23d0c.jpg

Those chops look the business Phil , beautiful with the rosemary. When it’s hot here they go a treat with a Greek salad or a ratatouille. Or anything 😃

Around Christmas it’s goose time here in Berlin but IP says he’s had it at Easter. Probably all year round for all I know. 
Shame the Christmas markets are closed coz of the ‘flu, one big one also has big steel bollards to stop loonies driving trucks into the crowd. 
We live in bad times 😳 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Ooooooooh yes Sainter.... Goodness me Ratzeputz is RED HOT luvyerwork 🥳

And Goose is great.

Best I have had is smoked Goose Breast for Easter in Germany - that was sennnnnnnsational.

Me and some German mates years also ago did the ol Roast Goose years ago with Rotkohl and Roast Spuds... followed up by a Feuerzangenbowle wooooooooo that was hard core w overproof Schnapps ; )

Cheers

IP

Great bit of tucker IP. Would never bother trying a goose at home, there’s only 4 of us. Gives off a shed-load of grease too…. Let the Kneipe do the work , that’s what I say… 🤣

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:26 AM, MUZZY said:

Good to know Muzz, I was going to try out garlic but won’t bother now. I only go for tomatoes and different herbs. I did a row of spinach when I set aside a veggie plot (covered it up since) but it was all ready at the same time so a lot went to waste as I had no freezer space. Rookie mistake not to stagger the sowing. 
I use raised beds now, much more practical but only for herbs though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Good to know Muzz, I was going to try out garlic but won’t bother now. I only go for tomatoes and different herbs. I did a row of spinach when I set aside a veggie plot (covered it up since) but it was all ready at the same time so a lot went to waste as I had no freezer space. Rookie mistake not to stagger the sowing. 
I use raised beds now, much more practical but only for herbs though. 

Gee mate, I didn't want to deter anyone from growing garlic. I'm a complete novice. @The Captain!! is an expert garlic grower. He might know of varieties that grow quicker than others. 

• Like 1