Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Xmas day Dinner. I had planned to show a few pics of the final product carved but drinking got in the way. 🍻🤣

379565483_IMG-5047(2).thumb.JPG.56ca597f040afa06e2c7a7fadbafcc55.JPG

Pacific Ale - slightly underwhelming head but tastes the goods.

IMG-5038.thumb.JPG.0d9f2d3aacd728b6f7a9b2a8e36a5d1c.JPG

Pickled pork - slowly taking shape as the Chrissy ham.

IMG-5036.thumb.JPG.8fe0729f25dec25d2abd094aebd8a299.JPG

Smoked chicken fillets, these were the bomb. Tender as!

IMG-5042.thumb.JPG.b53efdafd673fa1c012578c6240c1307.JPG

IMG-5050.thumb.JPG.fe93b2d4d10d7239dc2bfde05fc6cb4a.JPG

The Brisket - twas incredibly juicy, tender and all those things that make a brisket so incredible.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Xmas day Dinner. I had planned to show a few pics of the final product carved but drinking got in the way. 🍻🤣

The Brisket - twas incredibly juicy, tender and all those things that make a brisket so incredible.

Holy Cow that lot looks amazing! 😃👏🙌🏻

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stquinto said:

The chicken Sainter, was perfect. Never done chicken breast before 'cause I thought it'd be too dry or tough. How wrong was I? Took 'em off at 71 degrees C internal and rested, then wrapped and stored in the fridge O/N....just beautiful. smoked with Cherry wood.

The brisket was delish too. I don't use the "crutch" method of wrapping the meat while cooking to avoid the stall. The cut was 3.5kg cooked (smoked) at 120 degrees  C. with Hickory.  Approx 2.6 hours per KG - it took nine hours to reach internal temp of 92 degrees C took it off and rested wrapped in baking paper - foil - and then a couple of towels and placed in a warmish esky for 2.5 hours.  So good! The kids loved it! I'm trying to look for a decent Brisket BBQ sauce recipe too - any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

What's on the menu?
This week it'll be ham sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, ham salad, ham sandwiches, ham on it's own and maybe some ham sandwiches.

Same here Muzzy, cold chicken sanga's, ham, beef, all week and probably into next week too. Thankfully only once a year. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, Mickep said:

You’ve made me very sad. In Perth there’s a total fire due to the heat wave and it started on Christmas Day so couldn’t use my Webber🥲 Had an opportunity to cook a Brisket on Christmas Eve but was too busy. I cooked chicken wings and drumsticks in the oven for Christmas but not the same as the Webber. Yours look awesome will try the chicken breast as you have done I have only done thighs so far. Good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

You’ve made me very sad. In Perth there’s a total fire due to the heat wave and it started on Christmas Day so couldn’t use my Webber🥲 Had an opportunity to cook a Brisket on Christmas Eve but was too busy. I cooked chicken wings and drumsticks in the oven for Christmas but not the same as the Webber. Yours look awesome will try the chicken breast as you have done I have only done thighs so far. Good work!

Bugger @RDT2, what a shame.....the kids gave me this smoker a couple of years back, had a couple of rookie fails and put it aside until about 12 months ago. Did the research and now it's humming along. Hope the Brisket you cooked was okay. The chicken breasts were placed in a brine for a couple of days...seemed to do the trick. I  was really careful not to let the internal temp get higher than 72 degrees C - rested for 2-3 hours wrapped. Final internal temp approx 74 degrees C. (safe to eat) at least according to most smoking recipes and the latest Government Food advice. Same with the pickled pork butt (Pseudo ham). Off the smoker at 70 degrees C aiming for a finishing internal temp of 72 degrees C. I've found 92 degrees to be a good internal temp to take the brisket off the heat, aiming for 95 degrees final internal temp after a 2-3 hour rest wrapped in paper, foil, and towels in a warmish esky....this works for me smoking temp at about 122 degrees C.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 8:12 AM, Mickep said:

Bugger @RDT2, what a shame.....the kids gave me this smoker a couple of years back, had a couple of rookie fails and put it aside until about 12 months ago. Did the research and now it's humming along. Hope the Brisket you cooked was okay. The chicken breasts were placed in a brine for a couple of days...seemed to do the trick. I  was really careful not to let the internal temp get higher than 72 degrees C - rested for 2-3 hours wrapped. Final internal temp approx 74 degrees C. (safe to eat) at least according to most smoking recipes and the latest Government Food advice. Same with the pickled pork butt (Pseudo ham). Off the smoker at 70 degrees C aiming for a finishing internal temp of 72 degrees C. I've found 92 degrees to be a good internal temp to take the brisket off the heat, aiming for 95 degrees final internal temp after a 2-3 hour rest wrapped in paper, foil, and towels in a warmish esky....this works for me smoking temp at about 122 degrees C.

Good work mate sorry for not replying been away and when I returned threw a snapper on the Webber it was delicious 🤤 Sounds like you have your smoker sorted. I was same avoided charcoal in preference to gas but now I love cooking with charcoal especially brisket and ribs. It’s actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. Been watching schueys barbecue on YouTube great cook and humour.

74864EC0-8653-4E25-A418-9BC6F93D99D4.jpeg

15AC7782-AD8B-424E-BC2C-625942B4AA8C.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Good work mate sorry for not replying been away and when I returned threw a snapper on the Webber it was delicious 🤤 Sounds like you have your smoker sorted. I was same avoided charcoal in preference to gas but now I love cooking with charcoal especially brisket and ribs. It’s actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. Been watching schueys barbecue on YouTube great cook and humour.

Nice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Mate the fish looks incredible.....beautiful. Haven't done fish yet - should give it a try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stquinto, I am wondering how the poor people live 🤣

It's all a bit of a gastronomical overload between Christmas and the New Year here.... and I tread lightly compared to the locals. They even have a phrase in French for sickness caused by overeating: "crise de foie" as in "liver crisis" 😉

When you brew your own grog, buy your wine on special, and cook all of your own tucker it doesn't cost that much so you can have the odd treat. Oh, helps that SWMBO is a veggie so she's cheap to run too 🥲

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

It's all a bit of a gastronomical overload between Christmas and the New Year here.... and I tread lightly compared to the locals. They even have a phrase in French for sickness caused by overeating: "crise de foie" as in "liver crisis" 😉

When you brew your own grog, buy your wine on special, and cook all of your own tucker it doesn't cost that much so you can have the odd treat. Oh, helps that SWMBO is a veggie so she's cheap to run too 🥲

Mate I totally agree, I  am an ex Cook, was in the army too. There is a lot to be said for home brewing,  being thrifty at the bottle shop/ supermarket & generally looking for fine food at reasonable prices, a lot of people eat sh.. but you can enjoy the finer things if you are smart.

Happy New Year 💫🍺💥🍷

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate I totally agree, I  am an ex Cook, was in the army too. There is a lot to be said for home brewing,  being thrifty at the bottle shop/ supermarket & generally looking for fine food at reasonable prices, a lot of people eat sh.. but you can enjoy the finer things if you are smart.

Happy New Year 💫🍺💥🍷

Totally agree mate ! If you keep your wits about you eating decent fresh grub isn't difficult or have to be expensive. Helps that I enjoy cooking, like yourself, and it's not a chore. Obviously helps with a cuppla brews as you are cooking 😉

Happy New Year to you too mate 👌🍻🦞🥩🍷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Totally agree mate ! If you keep your wits about you eating decent fresh grub isn't difficult or have to be expensive. Helps that I enjoy cooking, like yourself, and it's not a chore. Obviously helps with a cuppla brews as you are cooking 😉

Happy New Year to you too mate 👌🍻🦞🥩🍷

All the very best to you & your family 👪 mate, enjoy 😉

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, stquinto said:

Yes @Mickep , you are making me regret getting rid of all my smoking kit.  Only thing left is an old original charcoal Weber kettle.

Might just have to get back into this form of cooking a great meal by the look of yours.  Look forward to your future posts and recipes with my tongue hanging out.😋

• Like 2

22 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Yes @Mickep , you are making me regret getting rid of all my smoking kit.  Only thing left is an old original charcoal Weber kettle.

Might just have to get back into this form of cooking a great meal by the look of yours.  Look forward to your future posts and recipes with my tongue hanging out.😋

Webers are awesome dust it off and get into it.

• Like 2