Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

6 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Curry Up! 

Dropped past a mate w Kaffir Lime tree... was inspired to do a festive fragrant chicken curry - chicken thighs w bone in ; )

Looks terrific IP, well done.  I am not allowed to cook with Kaffir Lime leaves as my wife finds them a bit pungent.  Same, same with lemongrass.  Also all the recipes I have drooled over say to cut the vein out of the Kaffir leaves first and just wondering if that may help me win her over with a dish like yours.  Any opinion on that, oh great one?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, iBooz2 said:

cut the vein out of the Kaffir leaves first and just wondering if that may help me win her over with a dish like yours.  Any opinion on that, oh great one?

Sorry no level of excellence there Al @iBooz2 just holus bolus in they go never had any worries 👍

And I will hit the pot again w more KLL but then pull them out before serving... maybe that might help?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Curry Up! 

Dropped past a mate w Kaffir Lime tree... was inspired to do a festive fragrant chicken curry - chicken thighs w bone in ; )

image.thumb.png.1e961191ae25d7d28de1245ae49abe74.png

Looks bloody good IP!

I did a chicken Jalfrezi the other day, good and spicy. Just heat the doctor ordered to blow away the winter blues (up here anyway) 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stquinto said:
14 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Curry Up! 

image.thumb.png.1e961191ae25d7d28de1245ae49abe74.png

Looks bloody good IP!

I did a chicken Jalfrezi the other day, good and spicy. Just heat the doctor ordered to blow away the winter blues (up here anyway) 🤣 

Looks brilliant IP. The wife is from Thailand, she cooks with KLL's all the time - and I love them. She makes Thai snags which are full of KLL"s along with other incredible flavors she also uses lemongrass in heaps of the cooking as well. Maybe @iBooz2 you could pre steam (cook) the KLL's just to take the initial strong aroma away - I'm sure they'd still have some punch left even after having steamed them for a few minutes. But maybe a more subtle flavor for SWMBO.  Same with the lemon grass. Just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Is that what the dog got ? 🐶

Beat me to it Phil - there’s a dangerous glint to his eye 🤣

Looks bloody good PM - hope you saved a Duvel to go with it

Edited by stquinto
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pale Man said:

She looks after my mental health.  I can be asleep and she licks my head for hours. 

There's one Dog you ever connect with.  Milly is mine. Nobody can have her. 

They're great dogs, my bluey- Bandit is 18 months now. 

20211226_134306.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight I was lazy,  a quick Fish & Chips meal. I have been setting up my Bar/Brew room & still unpacking glasses, sorting etc & didn't feel like mucking around too much, I found a Sauvignon blanc in the fridge so it went down well, early night tonight for me.

Guess the fish.20220108_193953.thumb.jpg.da738be77b3d2069ec7572dec776eb42.jpg

Looks good and healthy Phil with all that salad 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Pizza tonight, then off to work tomorrow to catch covid.

Wish me luck!

Good luck mate, dunno of you want it or not…

Mine’s cleared up, pretty lucky it was what we’d call a cold in the old days. My lad couldn’t catch it off me, even though we slept in the same room. So no “cured of covid” certificate for him so he can go down the pub: little (well, he’s taller than me) b*#tard’ll be nicking my grog again 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah nice & simple, I always eat healthy ( apart from chips 🤔 ) but white wine was made for fish 🐠

Quite right Phil, but I will go for a light red, slightly chilled, with salmon. 
I’m gunna make an effort with more veggies this year (apart from spuds) even if perfection takes some beating 🤣

• Haha 1