Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

5 minutes ago, Mickep said:
22 minutes ago, Mickep said:

cured small goods. 

Yep, I use one foe bacon/ ham and the other for salami.

Hey @disgruntled, pinched this from the what r u drinkin' page.....re; the prague powder#1. I'm reading these days it's safe to take the pickled pork off the smoker at 65 degrees C internal temp....I choose to take the meat off the smoker at about 70 and rest for a while - temp might rise 1-2 degrees in that time - so I'm probably finishing around 72 degrees C...

I'm sorta looking for a pseudo ham finish I guess ...Do you reckon I'm finishing too high at 72 degrees C should it be taken off at a lower temp?

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 7:22 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

When I fry fish my method is to place the fish fillets/pieces in a plastic bag which contains flour, pepper, salt & of course Turmeric & any other seasoning you want, Basil Leaves, Chili flakes etc & gently shake everything until the fish is completely coated & then fry as normal.

Wow, that was easy, Thanks @Classic Brewing Co I tried this method when I cooked my fish last night, So simple.

I put in to much flour and not enough seasoning but I'll work it out.

Followed it up with a "Taste Test" of English Bitter, will wait a few more weeks but first taste was Ok.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wow, that was easy, Thanks @Classic Brewing Co I tried this method when I cooked my fish last night, So simple.

I put in to much flour and not enough seasoning but I'll work it out.

Followed it up with a "Taste Test" of English Bitter, will wait a few more weeks but first taste was Ok.

You don't need much flour, for say 4 pieces of fish around 1 x cup is plenty, just enough to coat the fish - it's all about the seasoning.

Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well I was galavanting around today finding stuff to tweak the decor in my new residence & it was 36c today so I didn't feel like firing up the oven so opted for a simple meal, very basic but with a salad & a few reds it was fine.

When I get time they will be homemade sausages !! 🥩

Cheers.

20220120_203646.thumb.jpg.dca161991dd72c46f8db4bd63bc5d466.jpg

Looks good Phil, what kind of snags are those? 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:25 PM, Pickles Jones said:

You certainly can make some varied meals there. Nice choices. 

Cheers mate, we certainly do. Since Switzerland is a "blend" of French, German and Italian influences (and Romanch too...) it reflects in the tucker you get.

The other point is you can get a shed load of different fish/seafood considering it's so far from the sea. I can get more varied seafood here than friends in the UK can. Admittedly at a price, but at least you can get it. And if you are cooking it yourself you're not exactly paying too much over the odds. Same for the vino.

Because there is not a massive "native" cuisine (apart from fondues and rösti etc.) you can also find lots of exotic ingredients. You won't find stuff to make a decent curry in Italy because they reckon (a bit of truth in it too) that their food is so good why bother with foreign muck ? France used to be like that too, but they are getting better. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I love anything Pork especially spicy but where's you Pretzel lad ?? 🥨 

Got a point Phil, I can get them here too. Had to make do with a slice of burnt sourdough instead. The mustard that comes with it is quite nice too bit not spicy

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

Münchner Weisswurst.

Did you skin them Sainter? Just wondering about that rough-ish final snag surface?

I do believe some people do skin their Weißwurst - and of course there is always the famous zuzeln 🥳

I guess I have shown some non-Bavarois vagaries and these days just eat mit oide wursthaut 😋

Wonder what our local Bavarian would say to that @Aussiekraut you there AK ?

Anyway @stquinto Sainter they do look tasty and you have süßer Senf too ; )

But as our ol' buddy @Classic Brewing Co reminds...  where are the fresh 'Brezn'!?! Not sure that burnt sourdough cuts it mate!?! 🤣

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

I didn't know that white sausage was already cooked and only needed to be heated in water.

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Did you skin them Sainter? Just wondering about that rough-ish final snag surface?

I do believe some people do skin their Weißwurst - and of course there is always the famous zuzeln 🥳

I guess I have shown some non-Bavarois vagaries and these days just eat mit oide wursthaut 😋

But as our ol' buddy @Classic Brewing Co reminds...  where are the fresh 'Brezn'!?! Not sure that burnt sourdough cuts it mate!?! 🤣

Put ‘em in freshly boiled water, turn off the heat, and leave ‘em 10 minutes. Then skin them - the skin is pretty rubbery, not like a Chinese fella saying “lovely” either.

I can do raw beef, liver, kidneys and thyroid glands (sweetmeats) but draw the line at brains, eyeballs and thick sausage skins 🤢

C5F7EC3A-EF9E-4802-8655-B52D77921764.jpeg

81F5EFFA-9A37-46D5-BFE3-7803932282A4.jpeg

1C749D07-47B8-4CB8-B7B2-F91E19F79EC4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stickers said:

bought a regular sized pressure cooker/slow cooker over the boxing day sales and fell in love with it immediately. today i've added an extra wide pressure cooker to the house, doing a 2kg lamb shoulder at the moment 🙂

IMG_9064.thumb.jpg.303a6a563d1d6c3af069e06750994355.jpg

Beautiful! Lamb turns out wonderful cooked like that, real slow cook till you can eat it with a teaspoon 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What about a spicy 🥵 Kung Pao Chicken tonight with rice ? You might need the garden hose on standby to cool down your throat 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

I subscribe to this website as I love Chili dishes.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com

Kung Pao Chicken in a pan

Double Taxation Chicken eh Phil?

You pay the tax on the way in and the tax on the way out?

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Stickers said:

bought a regular sized pressure cooker/slow cooker over the boxing day sales and fell in love with it immediately. today i've added an extra wide pressure cooker to the house, doing a 2kg lamb shoulder at the moment 🙂

I have to agree Pressure Cookers are the real deal, I will be buying a new one shortly, the old one is a bit Karked. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

There are three schools out there, all claim their way is the true way. Some people do remove the skin like my dad. He cuts the sausage length wise and then scrapes the two halves off the skin. Then there are those who eat the skin, like me. I just slice the sausage with skin and eat it. And of course there is the famous "zuzln", where people suckle the sausage from the skin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3