Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

No haters here @Pale Man, just lovers… of good beer and grub 😀 

and obviously the odd dog… regards to Milly

More to the point - my first serving of the Duvel clone! Wunderbar! Hop profile is perfect, it’s cleared nicely, beauty of a colour (only from AG as you mentioned), just needs more CO2 saturation in the beer itself to give it the bite

AF058922-5586-44F4-8025-B9FB0C755632.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Good luck mate, dunno of you want it or not…

Not real keen

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

...i'm getting 2 kilo of fresh plumbs for an all grain sour. Wish me luck with that 😆

Sounds great!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Shepherds Pie, Yes, yum, foie gras, not for me 😲

A nice recipe, from South West France called parmentier de canard. It uses confit de canard, which is preserved duck. That’s from a Rick Stein book. You fry up scallions with some thyme, add red wine and chicken stock, then the pulled duck meat. Finish with mash and some Comté cheese (any old cheese’ll do)

9FC886D4-1219-4F71-B570-6189E5579A61.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

A nice recipe, from South West France called parmentier de canard. It uses confit de canard, which is preserved duck. That’s from a Rick Stein book. You fry up scallions with some thyme, add red wine and chicken stock, then the pulled duck meat. Finish with mash and some Comté cheese (any old cheese’ll do)

Looks good, Rick Stein is my favourite Chef, I have a couple of his cookbooks, they are very good. Cheers. 😋

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I bought it IP but I’ve got a recipe for it I’ll post. I don’t think it’s difficult 

Yeah nargh no worries about the recipe for the duck meat - was more about working out where the laarvely ducko came from all of a sudden😜  Seems over there yer can purchase some great ducko cooked already?

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

my Bacon, Zucchini and Parsley ; )

Who's appendage?

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

foie gras

Would try, have not

42 minutes ago, stquinto said:

It uses confit de canard, which is preserved duck.

YUMMY!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yeah nargh no worries about the recipe for the duck meat - was more about working out where the laarvely ducko came from all of a sudden😜  Seems over there yer can purchase some great ducko cooked already?

Actually I nip across the border to France. You can get ‘em vac-packed or in tins. Even after you open the tin, so long as you cover the rest of the legs in the fat it keeps indefinitely.

Here’s the recipe anyway

430DBEDD-07DD-405D-B00C-B0DEF4EF65AD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been working in the backyard most of the day erecting sails, organising borders, trying to rejuvenate a tired lawn, even had a crack at a bit of landscaping but hey, I am a Stubby Holder salesman !! so it is a bit amateurish.

A quick, very rough BBQ of Boerewors, potatoes & salad ( a bit rough but it hit the spot ) I stayed in the garden & ate it there, why not, it was 40.3c in Adelaide today although by the seaside it would have been lower.

Cheers

Phil.20220111_201507.thumb.jpg.5f071642a77739b9efbe9ba98ad43f67.jpg20220111_201705.thumb.jpg.021ad8378208abbc16b62cb6a6ed9a40.jpg20220111_203605.thumb.jpg.12e8f30c77fa59b2e583284eba0708af.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Sneaky late evening Eye Fillet snacko w Spicy Sauerkraut ; )  and some sauces.

The meat cooked rapidly on both sides in Sandwich Toaster and then rested : )

Served w a fine Cool Climate Highlands Cab Sauv 🥳

The sauerkraut looks too good a quality to be a bought product, IP. I take it you fermented it yourself. Looks great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

The sauerkraut looks too good a quality to be a bought product, IP. I take it you fermented it yourself. Looks great.

I have made Sauerkraut before @MUZZY but this one was an expensive refrigerated commercial version I treated meself 🥳

Cabbages no good to grow here due to evil Cabbage White Butterfly grubs etc and expensive at the shops...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I have made Sauerkraut before @MUZZY but this one was an expensive refrigerated commercial version I treated meself 🥳

Cabbages no good to grow here due to evil Cabbage White Butterfly grubs etc and expensive at the shops...

Well it looks like a good sauerkraut. Often the commercial ones can appear mushy looking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

Well it looks like a good sauerkraut. Often the commercial ones can appear mushy looking.

The best Sauerkraut I have ever eaten was at the German Club in Adelaide, lot's of other favourites there also, their schnitzel's/sausages are awesome.  Guter Appetit.

The German Club – The South Australian German Association (German Club) was established in 1886, with an aim to promote, encourage and foster German language, culture, habits and social life in Australia.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The best Sauerkraut I have ever eaten was at the German Club in Adelaide, lot's of other favourites there also, their schnitzel's/sausages are awesome.  Guter Appetit.

The German Club – The South Australian German Association (German Club) was established in 1886, with an aim to promote, encourage and foster German language, culture, habits and social life in Australia.

Yes, I've had sauerkraut at the German Club but it was years and years ago when it was on Carrington St. Very nice though.
More recently (about 5 years ago) I had delicious pork schnitzel and sauerkraut at the Austrian Club just off Torrens Rd. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Yes, I've had sauerkraut at the German Club but it was years and years ago when it was on Carrington St. Very nice though.
More recently (about 5 years ago) I had delicious pork schnitzel and sauerkraut at the Austrian Club just off Torrens Rd. 

I had a Czech girlfriend for a few years & we used to go to all of the Clubs - Czech/Polish/Slovak/Austrian/Croation etc & enjoyed all of the cuisines, so many memories of wonderful food & lovely people who just wanted to sit drink, eat & be merry but occasionally there were differences of opinion mainly due to understanding or misunderstanding the different cultures but it all worked out all right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1