Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

They look bloody good mate! I’m old school though: small chip pan that hold two wine bottles of oil that I filter back in so no additions. I do a similar thing with roast spuds - after par boiling them I shake them in the pan with Colman’s mustard powder. Come out great 👍 

Mmmmmmmustard powder. That sounds nice, Dave. I mmmmmmust give it a try.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Friday night is steak night. I should vary my menu a bit, but come the arvo I start salivating over red meat…

I’ll be reverse-searing this b*gger, with the soldering iron 😂

EBA39090-6203-4B77-A00F-FBA6DAF95C1D.jpeg

1264E34F-4483-4AB9-B01C-026B4EDD144D.jpeg

ABFBEE64-8AC0-4A7F-A5BC-0E5026CFD29C.jpeg

Bit under done for my liking🤣

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

Friday night is steak night. I should vary my menu a bit, but come the arvo I start salivating over red meat…

I’ll be reverse-searing this b*gger, with the soldering iron 😂

Looks like a nice piece of meat Mate, now tell me, that's cooked right ? It's just a bit hard to tell sometimes as you seem to favour your meat on the rare side !!🤣

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks like a nice piece of meat Mate, now tell me, that's cooked right ? It's just a bit hard to tell sometimes as you seem to favour your meat on the rare side !!🤣

5 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Bit under done for my liking🤣

All right fellas, I bottled out and ended up burning it…

0CC62332-C617-4EDA-BE9C-516F9AC2ECC4.jpeg

CB429513-BB1F-4BF5-B6D5-12E48201D91E.jpeg

2B74DC21-23E1-4705-8602-40BDBAAC7A3E.jpeg

5CBF9529-C23E-4790-B8A1-C3A936E42E5D.jpeg

6E43575B-E8CD-4402-821C-5675C79B9496.jpeg

• Like 4

On 12/16/2021 at 10:23 PM, MUZZY said:

Coopers forum needs a "yum" emoji, Boozer. Dunno if I'd go the semolina path because I'm a lazy f*c# but I recently planted a Rosemary bush which I only clip for lamb roasts. I now have another use for it. Onya mate. 🙂

Hey Muzz, try this method for superb roast potatoes which is just too easy if you are lazy ha ha.  I have done it several times and they are always a big hit with family and guests and they come back for more and want to know how you did them.

Easy as, just par boil and crush the spuds a bit the masher then roast in oil and butter.  Super crispy.

Roast Spuds.PNG

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey Muzz, try this method for superb roast potatoes which is just too easy if you are lazy ha ha.  I have done it several times and they are always a big hit with family and guests and they come back for more and want to know how you did them.

Easy as, just par boil and crush the spuds a bit the masher then roast in oil and butter.  Super crispy.

Yep I concur, I have rosemary here but also , luckily, there is a giant bush on a trellis at my new place at Glenelg at my new place, I cannot live without rosemary.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Roast Spuds.PNG

They look superb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stqinto this is a medium steak, a bit rushed but very nice - Rump Medallion. 

I am so kna.....ed & sore I wasn't worried about presentation.  A few more days moving to go.

If that is your average presentation Phil,  then I wanna hang around for a few meals.

You got room for a 22 ft caravan to park out the front?  Just for a couple of days 😆 ha ha.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

Throw him out the back on that great big Lawn with the sloping water view..

Sheeez fellas, what happened to that big ole SA hospitality.  Did it die on Ocean View Road Christies Beach?  Does the smell waft that far?  Just looked at google earth to re-quaint myself and you can see the pipes running out into the sea where they pump the sh*t out.  No wonder there is no sea weed in that area.  I would have thought the opposite would have occurred re all the nutrients floating about.  ha ha.

Bugger it I will just fly in and park on the end of the runway or taxiway and order a pizza.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Sheeez fellas, what happened to that big ole SA hospitality.  Did it die on Ocean View Road Christies Beach?  Does the smell waft that far?  Just looked at google earth to re-quaint myself and you can see the pipes running out into the sea where they pump the sh*t out.  No wonder there is no sea weed in that area.  I would have thought the opposite would have occurred re all the nutrients floating about.  ha ha.

Bugger it I will just fly in and park on the end of the runway or taxiway and order a pizza.

Hey Al, I am in Glenelg, nowhere near Christies Beach, in fact it is the opposite direction. 😁

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Al, I am in Glenelg, nowhere near Christies Beach, in fact it is the opposite direction. 😁

Yeah I know that.  Christies Beach just came off the top of my head as I spent a lot of time there as a kid.

Was talking about those sewer pipes that run out to sea from West Beach area just north of you.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Quick meal in the new place, last night🌙 I cheated, I ordered a 🍕 Pizza. 

Hey Stqinto this is a medium steak, a bit rushed but very nice - Rump Medallion. 

I am so kna.....ed & sore I wasn't worried about presentation.  A few more days moving to go.

Cheers 

20211221_194612.jpg

That looks the biz Phil 👍, meat's OK for me, bit of pink inside's all good...

A few spuds, a salad And a glass of the old vino. Good for you !

Hope your move went alright mate 👍

On 12/22/2021 at 4:27 AM, Mickep said:

Xmas Dinner with the kids sorted.

3.5kg Brisket - Pork butt in salt and sugar brine, and chicken fillets in a brine as well.

A few cheeky brewskies in the fridge too - Pacific ale, and the Coopers Eclipse Pale. 

263659291_308120931170928_6716454537374633350_n.jpg

264271520_1217035352156053_6615911131486209796_n.jpg

263752545_655275992182250_8767877149686027170_n.jpg

Now yer talking mate !

All I've got is a bloody roast chicken. Maybe go get a ham to go with it. And a few oysters.... hmm

Still, got plenty of grog 😊

Bon appétit !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

That looks the biz Phil 👍, meat's OK for me, bit of pink inside's all good...

A few spuds, a salad And a glass of the old vino. Good for you !

Hope your move went alright mate 👍

Cheers Mate, was good but still moving 🛻 I have to much stuff !! Next is all of the brewing gear !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Now yer talking mate !

All I've got is a bloody roast chicken. Maybe go get a ham to go with it. And a few oysters.... hmm

Still, got plenty of grog 😊

Bon appétit !

Thanks Sainter, I figure the same thing mate - plenty of cold ones stashed in the fridge - can't have a home without beer. It'd be rude. Oysters and a few cheeky prawns with the chook Sainter would be okay too. I love my oysters -Merry Xmas mate

• Thanks 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

I know a Xmas day Dinner should be loaded up with Roast meats, oysters, prawns, Cray etc but I am still moving,  at 8.30 I managed a quick steak on the barbie, it was awesome with red 🍷 of course.

Tomorrow hopefully most of the big stuff should be here.

Merry Christmas 🎅 20211225_202700.thumb.jpg.58442f88d8a738c45a772a64ffda6292.jpg

20211225_203518.thumb.jpg.14971cf2f4e2b9d0e954b5b770eb43e6.jpg

• Like 5