Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

13 hours ago, Mickep said:

A bit of Thai influenced Pork ribs (Fingers) and a Thai stuffed capsicum with pork and mushroom.

Food.jpg

Food-4.jpg

@Mickep that looks pretty awesome mate. Can't beat a few ribs on the barbie 👍

Looks more like a dry rub you put on those, looks good

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

@Mickep that looks pretty awesome mate. Can't beat a few ribs on the barbie 👍

Looks more like a dry rub you put on those, looks good

@stquinto, yep, homemade dry rub and slow cooked. They were good. Found an Asian butcher who just deals in pork cuts - he has the most incredible cuts - very different from our mainstream Aussie butchers that's for sure and the pork is absolutely top grade - all free range etc.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This photo will not any awards but the Platycephalus bassensis was very nice with Chips & Salad, I had to be quick with the photo as my guests were drinking all of my beer. I was going to get a shot of the plated dish but I would have missed out on the Sauvignon blanc as well !! 🍾

Flathead.thumb.jpg.2f2b4d59f99a4bd123b63502e2d530d5.jpg

Looks beautiful Phil. Love flathead, but geez is it expensive here in Melbourne. Batter looks great too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks beautiful Phil. Love flathead, but geez is it expensive here in Melbourne. Batter looks great too.

And that is one of my biggest disappointments re this Melbourne lock down.  All sorts can crawl out of the sewers and cause trouble or protest like in the last few weeks but then a goody two shoes like me cannot take my boat out in the bay and go fishing. 

So I have to buy my Whiting and flathead.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

It is actually Blue Grenadier much the same as Flathead, nice firm flesh but tender as 😋 Great with a Sav blanc.

The batter is a secret recipe 🙈🙉🙊

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

And that is one of my biggest disappointments re this Melbourne lock down.  All sorts can crawl out of the sewers and cause trouble or protest like in the last few weeks but then a goody two shoes like me cannot take my boat out in the bay and go fishing. 

So I have to buy my Whiting and flathead.

That would suck not being able to get out in the boat especially on a long weekend, today would be great, Adelaide 23c.

I agree with you on the w......'s who bob up at protests, should be 🔫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This photo will not any awards but the Platycephalus bassensis was very nice with Chips & Salad

@Classic Brewing Co hey Phil, next time you do fish try this method.

Get a bag a salt and vinegar chips and before opening the bag crush them to crumbs with a rolling pin or the like.  Then the usual flour, egg wash and coat the fish pieces in the S&V chip crumbs and shallow fry.  Oh and another tip:  Add a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon rind to the egg wash along with some cracked pepper (no need for any salt). Yummo!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Classic Brewing Co hey Phil, next time you do fish try this method.

Get a bag a salt and vinegar chips and before opening the bag crush them to crumbs with a rolling pin or the like.  Then the usual flour, egg wash and coat the fish pieces in the S&V chip crumbs and shallow fry.  Oh and another tip:  Add a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon rind to the egg wash along with some cracked pepper (no need for any salt). Yummo!

Yes I have done similar, last night all I did was put Self Raising flour in a plastic bag with 1/2 tsp Tumeric, Celery Salt, Cracked Pepper, chuck the fish pieces around until they are fully coated & into the wok with Canola Oil, usually I prefer Peanut Oil, cook & of course drain on paper towel. I have done many types of batter, with beer/soda water etc. When I do the full treatment - flour/egg/crumbs I prefer Panko crumb or garlic breadcrumbs. Either way I love fish. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This photo will not any awards but the Platycephalus bassensis was very nice with Chips & Salad, I had to be quick with the photo as my guests were drinking all of my beer. I was going to get a shot of the plated dish but I would have missed out on the Sauvignon blanc as well !! 🍾

Flathead.thumb.jpg.2f2b4d59f99a4bd123b63502e2d530d5.jpg

Looks a blinder Phil 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terminal2k said:

whats the noodle thing

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am pretty sure that would be a Noodle Cake. 

Chicken on crispy noodles. The chicken os behind in the pan, and I just chucked some shallots on top

90B6DDDD-C892-4E50-A0DC-ECE2336D4F00.jpeg

E178D418-1256-42C5-B50A-F7D0398E1FA8.jpeg

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Last night it was BBQ Steak & Skewers with all the trimmings. 

20191203_182548.thumb.jpg.baa48e69108e7949224244d12b5b0d1f.jpg

20191211_174929.thumb.jpg.dc98055455fb1b07a358e6adaf914644.jpg

Those T bones look amazing Phil. Hope you didn’t chop them up for the skewers 🤣

Hope the red you had with it rose to the occasion 🍷

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Those T bones look amazing Phil. Hope you didn’t chop them up for the skewers 🤣

Hope the red you had with it rose to the occasion 🍷

No mate T-bones char grilled on the barbie, a couple of skewers each with just a small Greek salad & my friend brought a bottle of this, no photos as I was getting stuck in, I mean the meal. 😜

dArenberg-The-Footbolt-Shiraz-site-889x1200.jpg

• Haha 2

Excellent! You’re heading into your spring/summer, it’s autumn here, we’ll be warming up the cheese fondue soon. Actually not yet, there is a game season that’s just started. Bambi, Bambi’s mum and dad, wild boar etc.

🐗🦌🍷

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Beautiful I love them cooked many ways. 

The Italian call them Vongole & done with Pasta/Garlic Bread & Sav blanc they are awesome, surprisingly cheap for a great meal.

INGREDIENTS
spaghetti, 500g
vongole, 1kg
extra virgin olive oil, ½ cup
garlic, 3-4 cloves crushed
chili flakes or 1 fresh, red, deseeded and chopped finely
parsley, 1 cup, cut finely
dry white wine

PROCESSES
Rinse the vongole, rubbing to remove sand, and discard any open ones that don’t close after being gently squeezed or tapped (see above).
Cook the pasta.
Heat the olive oil then fry the garlic and chili lightly.
Add the vongole and parsley and shake pot for 1-2 minutes.
Add wine, cover and gently cook for a few minutes until the cockles are open — discard any that are not open and those that are empty.
Remove some cockle meat from the shells for ease of eating (I do not always do this).
Drain the pasta and combine with the vongole. Gently mix the spaghetti through the sauce.

Vogole+in+pan+a.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks @Classic Brewing Co, I love them and I love our Victorian mussels as well...sweet and plump.

I've worked with a few chefs over time and most suggest that' it's okay to eat mussels or pipi's which haven't opened after cooking them. They claimed it as an old wives tale. Of course I'm not suggesting we all go ahead and eat those which haven't opened, at least not until we've consulted the experts. Thanks for the recipe mate much appreciated.

Seafood poisoning is not pleasant. 🤢

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Thanks @Classic Brewing Co, I love them and I love our Victorian mussels as well...sweet and plump.

I've worked with a few chefs over time and most suggest that' it's okay to eat mussels or pipi's which haven't opened after cooking them. They claimed it as an old wives tale. Of course I'm not suggesting we all go ahead and eat those which haven't opened, at least not until we've consulted the experts. Thanks for the recipe mate much appreciated.

Seafood poisoning is not pleasant. 🤢

@MickepCheers, it has always been a point of debate re:  mollusc's not opening, we have proved many times if they are partly open & you can pry them open without force they are fine, however if the are tightly shut, chuck 'em. 

Again erring on the side of caution I would encourage anybody to adhere to the directions to be perfectly sure.

• Like 2