Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tuesday night quick knock up

Looks Yumbo... nice work and nice sequence ; )

But am with @disgruntled BTDG on this one... me no like celery - leave it for you and @ChristinaS1 Christina : )

But in the bake hopefully it would blend away and if I kept me eyes closed betcha it would be v taschty @Classic Brewing Co Phil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Graubart said:

Looks Yumbo... nice work and nice sequence ; )

But am with @disgruntled BTDG on this one... me no like celery - leave it for you and @ChristinaS1 Christina : )

But in the bake hopefully it would blend away and if I kept me eyes closed betcha it would be v taschty @Classic Brewing Co Phil!

Graubster I thought you would have loved Celery, I personally buy a whole bunch every shop & can consume the whole lot including the leaves in various dishes within 7-10 days. I love it in Soups/Stews/Casseroles/Stir Fries, Cheese Plates in fact just about everything.

Are you listening Al ?

Especially this 😛

A-Bloody-Easy.png

QUOTE: Celery is a marshland plant in the family Apiaceae that has been cultivated as a vegetable since antiquity. Celery has a long fibrous stalk tapering into leaves. Depending on location and cultivar, either its stalks, leaves or hypocotyl are eaten and used in cooking. Celery seed is also used as a spice and its extracts have been used in herbal medicine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No celery here folks, just veal saltimbocca with sautéed spuds and green bean which I’ll finish off in butter, with garlic, herbs and panko breadcrumbs. Oh, and a bottle of red. But first a Duvel to keep the cook (me) happy, with some home-made tapenade. I was off the grog for two days, c’mon …

D499A1B8-8D72-4C9B-B989-5747849972AE.jpeg

F7B4EB78-486C-4C32-AD39-07312C9FAB7B.jpeg

9B4BAE49-80DD-4C45-BCE2-2BC9F5924ACE.jpeg

5B5F9C8F-3E68-4C16-8097-544371D69D5C.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

3B2E3172-FBD6-4E30-92FD-1A9C0C92BF68.jpeg

Hey Sainter @stquinto mate, what is the dodgy meat sauce thickener tubey thingy? 

@Mickep g’day Mick, it’s a meat-flavoured paste to thicken sauces. You add it to the juice that comes off a roast to make a gravy. You can add it to any kind of hot liquid (wine, veggie water, lemon juice  etc.) to make a sauce. I used to get a similar paprika-based paste to thicken spicy sauces but for some reason I can’t find it any more

• Thanks 1

Not every day is gourmet night - tonight’s Shepherd’s Pie. Whenever I have leftover lamb from a roast I chop it up fine and make a big batch and freeze it. Quite handy to defrost. Pure comfort food, appropriate if you’ve tied one on the day before…

3D0FF7F4-7126-456C-AE3C-39CF2059DAD1.jpeg

9021CB1F-4099-40E5-ADDE-894D0173A998.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

Not every day is gourmet night - tonight’s Shepherd’s Pie.

I think the site needs a Yummy Button - not just the old standard four we have currently ; )image.png.1c544a07d2d7dbf022062c2d119a8b82.png

Nice stuff The Saint and great use of leftovers to make something tasty for the future... yumbo!

I think that maybe even Master Chef @Classic Brewing Co Phil might even agree?

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A little roast pork with crackling - a fav to be sure.

Where's that blaaaardy YUMBO Button? 🥳

Looks very taschty @Mickep mate luvyerwork... apple sauce or a nice gravy? 

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

Not for the faint hearted. Texas fried chicken and triple cooked roast spuds.

More YUMBOs Wooooohooo  ; )

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Graubart said:
9 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A little roast pork with crackling - a fav to be sure.

Where's that blaaaardy YUMBO Button? 🥳

Looks very taschty @Mickep mate luvyerwork... apple sauce or a nice gravy? 

6 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Not for the faint hearted. Texas fried chicken and triple cooked roast spuds.

More YUMBOs Wooooohooo  ; )

A really nice gravy for the pork and a Texas homemade sauce for the chicken - was beeeautiful Graubster!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Ummm... your choppping board needs replacing

1580998934_ScreenShot2021-09-18at8_50_48pm.png.29aeb9c385ffb1ee5ce02122bcb684e2.png

@disgruntledYou’ve got a point mate 🤣

This one stinks of green herbs and garlic. I needed to chop some lemon zest the other day, fortunately I noticed the state of the board before chopping. The fig pie would have tasted interesting to say the least 😳

• Haha 1