Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

56 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Chinese for dinner tonight - sweet and sour chicken, fried rice, and pak choi. The crispy prawns and the spring rolls were shop bought. A bit of a faff velveting the chicken but it turns out a bit nicer.

Looks nice Stquinta, I am overdue for a decent Stir Fry, must do one soon. 🥢

• Like 4

Pizza night last night.

My usual stone ground pizza base painted with tomato paste, garlic and basil.

Topped it with finely chopped ALDI triple smoked ham off the bone (some of our Christmas ham), red capsicum, red onion, sliced green chilli, mushrooms, spicy mini Italian meatballs which I made earlier, a heaped ½ teaspoon of chilli flakes then slices of pepperoni and finally pizza cheese mix.  Cooked for 15” in a pre-heated family WeberQ, (both burners on high) on a pizza stone.  Base comes out like a slice of toast, soft with just that nice bit of crispiness. YUM.

@Mickep the ½ heaped teaspoons of chilli flakes plus the green chilli slices is about where I need it to be for my tastes.  I have bought some red chilli for next week’s pizza night and they are just a tad hotter so we will see where I am after that.

Pizza night 1 20Dec2022 - resized.png

Pizza night 2 20Dec2022 - resized.png

Pizza night 3 20Dec2022 - resized.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 11

On 12/19/2022 at 7:58 AM, stquinto said:

A bit of a faff velveting the chicken but it turns out a bit nicer.

@stquinto to skip this task I use skinless chicken thighs, then you just have to trim out the fat layers and silverside-ish bits and cut to desired size.  Thighs are more juicer than breasts (OMG what am I saying) 😳.   Hopefully you can source them there and give them a try.  Breast is best for schnitzels IMO, stir fries etc. are better with thighs. 😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

My brilliant partner, and chief chef here far prefers chicken thighs to chicken breasts, she reckons that they are far better parts of the chicken for cooking.

Cannot agree more @kmar92 unless there is some specific cordon-bleuy thing with stuffing with butter n garlic or other... in general the chookler thighs deboned for lots and bone-in for curries are legendary : )

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Pizza night last night.

Topped it with finely chopped ALDI triple smoked ham off the bone (some of our Christmas ham), red capsicum, red onion, sliced green chilli, mushrooms, spicy mini Italian meatballs which I made earlier, a heaped ½ teaspoon of chilli flakes then slices of pepperoni and finally pizza cheese mix.  Cooked for 15” in a pre-heated family WeberQ, (both burners on high) on a pizza stone.  Base comes out like a slice of toast, soft with just that nice bit of crispiness. YUM.

@Mickep the ½ heaped teaspoons of chilli flakes plus the green chilli slices is about where I need it to be for my tastes.  I have bought some red chilli for next week’s pizza night and they are just a tad hotter so we will see where I am after that.

Damn good looking pizza there @iBooz2

• Like 2

I just cooked up a satay chicken stir fry with thighs and it was the bomb. One of the best stir frys I've ever done. SWMBO isn't the biggest fan of thigh but I just let her know that she can be wrong sometimes, and I can prove it because she married me

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Pizza night last night.

Geez man, one with the lot! Looks absolutely delicious mate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

@stquinto to skip this task I use skinless chicken thighs, then you just have to trim out the fat layers and silverside-ish bits and cut to desired size.  Thighs are more juicer than breasts (OMG what am I saying) 😳.   Hopefully you can source them there and give them a try.  Breast is best for schnitzels IMO, stir fries etc. are better with thighs. 😜

You haven't tried my breasts Al, they're really tender, and juicy. (Egads man, glad we're talking about food) The chicken breast on the charcoal smoker after a good brine for a few days is to die for mate.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, terminal2k said:

I just cooked up a satay chicken stir fry with thighs and it was the bomb. One of the best stir frys I've ever done. SWMBO isn't the biggest fan of thigh but I just let her know that she can be wrong sometimes, and I can prove it because she married me

Thigh meat is a lot more tender than breast & lot more flavoursome & tender.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Aren't those larger green chilli's just the best thing on a pizza mate. I'll get the bride to make up some dried Chilli flakes and a sauce for you to have a crack at. Trust me you'll like the sauce. 🌶️🌶️🌶️😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

New recipe - thin chook slices cooked on a cast iron griddle pan, with some balsamic syrup on for the last 30 seconds each side. On a saffron risotto. I’ll add it to the repertoire, but maybe add some veg 

048AD7B3-4CBC-4A9E-9C75-1AAD2DE8D537.jpeg

Please don't add the vege, it looks fantastic as it is. 😂

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

that's a nice looking rib 👍🏻

Hope so ! Cost me a bit, 72ChF a kilo which is about 120 AU $ 😳

Thank The Lord SWMBO is a veggie, might treat her to an extra portion of sprouts or something…cheap to run at least 

Must admit, I’ve created monsters of my kids, they turn their noses up at anything other than rare steak. They come back from the outlaws in Ireland in tears when the MiL massacres a joint of beef 😳

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Hope so ! Cost me a bit, 72ChF a kilo which is about 120 AU $ 😳

Thank The Lord SWMBO is a veggie, might treat her to an extra portion of sprouts or something…cheap to run at least 

Must admit, I’ve created monsters of my kids, they turn their noses up at anything other than rare steak. They come back from the outlaws in Ireland in tears when the MiL massacres a joint of beef 😳

Don't overcook it Squtinta 😂

vampire-transforming.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

My lad’s 17th birthday tomorrow. He asked for a steak. Gotta do as the boy says, that’s the way it goes these days…

A few oysters too 😉

E62753FC-0D90-482D-9D4B-4A55A3680574.jpeg

D8B0395A-D77B-40C8-8B92-33B073A03D75.jpeg

Rib eye and oysters. Ya know Sainter, if a man was on death row, that'd be my last meal request. Awesome combo Sainter, maybe I'd chuck in a lobster as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Earlier this evening my HSSH plonked down on the couch with a glass of wine in her hand, turned the TV on (which is pretty much her usual routine) and then suggested I cook a sweet and sour stir fry tonight.  So her wish was my command, sweet and sour pork it will be.

First deep fried some walnut pork morsels then stir fired the veg.  Added my home made sweet and sour sauce and brought it all to the boil to thicken.  Dished the veg and sauce and topped with the fried pork morsels.  We both had two serves and there is one serve left over for another meal.  Three hours later I just have to do the damn dishes. 🤨

Stirfry Sweet and Sour veg  - resized.png

Stirfry Sweet and Sour  veg and sauce - resized.png

Deep fried walnut pork morsels - resized.png

Stir fry Sweet and Sour Pork 3 - resized.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6