Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Forgot to take a photo of the roast chook. I hadn’t eaten all day and the first beers made me a bit, ahem, tired. Or as Pezza would have, went off on a wobbly boot 🤣

But the oysters first were ok. Not the best, but still ok

Big Oysters, looks like you will be busy, you know Oysters & Stout 🐎

🤣

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Not really an official post but I thought I would show Count Stquinta a medium steak. 🤣

20221227_200702.jpg

20221227_200853.jpg

Strewth mate you burnt it 🤣

Looks good all the same Phil, steak for me too tonight. I won’t do chips though, my body is a temple as you well know 🤔

199DAC2C-0A50-4D95-833B-A6E3F7E2CD86.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I gave my husband steak knives for Christmas; sick of sawing at steak. Going to buy a rump steak and make a pepper steak/steak diane dish with garlic, black pepper, mushroom, worcestershire sauce, butter, sour cream. Serve with mashed potato and beans.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I gave my husband steak knives for Christmas; sick of sawing at steak. Going to buy a rump steak and make a pepper steak/steak diane dish with garlic, black pepper, mushroom, worcestershire sauce, butter, sour cream. Serve with mashed potato and beans.

Sounds yum Jenny! ! Don’t forget to post the pics 😉

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Yes, good knives make a world of difference, I have so many Chefs' knives & others & accessories I could start a commercial kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Strewth mate you burnt it 🤣

Looks good all the same Phil, steak for me too tonight. I won’t do chips though, my body is a temple as you well know 🤔

Steak is one of my favourite meals, I know we will never agree on meat doneness however all that matters is you enjoy it.

I gave the chips a rest but tonight could be different. 🍟

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nah, that's the way I like it, cooked vampire way it's not even at temperature for me,

Yeah, that's exactly right mate. I'm not sure why I like my steak so rare - don't know where that comes from TBH. I do have those vampire pointy teeth though - maybe I do hang upside down in the trees at night. 🧛‍♂️🦇

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, that's exactly right mate. I'm not sure why I like my steak so rare - don't know where that comes from TBH. I do have those vampire pointy teeth though - maybe I do hang upside down in the trees at night. 🧛‍♂️🦇

Both of you are right fellas… If the meat’s good I prefer it this way (rare). The internal temperature is about 53 degrees, it’s warmish. The only reason I don’t go for “blue” steak is that it’s cold inside. Having said that, my gaffer is organsing a “steak tartare” lunch tomorrow, obviously it’ll be raw (and cold).
Whatever people say about how great French grub is, they always serve a sauce with the meat: it often hides mediocre quality meat. If it’s any good you don’t need anything with it (apart from salad or spuds).

Anyway, I never have a steak in a restaurant unless it’s a steakhouse, and preferably if someone else is paying 🤣

Might make me a snob, but on top of that you can have a decent bottle of vino rosso without worrying about driving home…

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, stquinto said:

they always serve a sauce with the meat: it often hides mediocre quality meat. If it’s any good you don’t need anything with it (apart from salad or spuds).

That is So true, a lot of places serve/cook rubbish and just drown it in Sauce!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/22/2022 at 10:11 PM, Pezzza said:

Pray tell what the Walnut is in the Walnut Pork pleaaase? 

Walnut crumb/bits in the Porker Coating?

Yes the walnut crumbs are added to the batter mix.  I use a Kleva Sumo Slicer grater with the ultra-fine grate to crumb the walnuts.  See the device here.  Be warned that these crumbs in the batter makes a bit of a mess in the deep fryer leaving lots of little micro batter balls floating in the oil.  Therefor they need to be scooped out between batches otherwise they will burn and blacken the oil.

My personal taste is about 1 x heaped tablespoon of walnut crumbs added to the batter mix (Four person serve of pork).  Your taste may vary so try 2 x heaped teaspoons walnut crumbs to start off with then up it later if you like it.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 12:34 AM, terminal2k said:

can I ask what you put in this?

@terminal2k, yes you certainly can.  Also @Pezzza, no big secret - enjoy!

My sweet and sour sauce mix is a two part sauce.  This is for a Four person serve.

First part is:

1 x teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.

5 x tablespoons rice wine vinegar (sub - ordinary white vinegar if you have to).

5 x tablespoons of home-made tomato sauce (sub - bought rubbish if you have to).

5 x tablespoons of home-made, spicy plum sauce - blood plum variety (sub more tomato sauce and 4 x drops of red food dye such as ‘Queen Pillar Box Red’ food colouring if you have to).

2 x tablespoons white sugar.

¼ x teaspoon salt.

Combine all the first part in a saucepan and bring it to the boil then back it off and simmer for 5 minutes to take some of the ‘vinegar’ smell out of it (all the while stirring constantly to prevent caramelizing on the bottom of the saucepan).

Second part is:

Juice of 455 g can of pineapple (that you drained to get your pineapple pieces).

1 x level tablespoon of corn flour (maize corn flour not the wheat based so called corn flour).

Stir together in a bowl and put aside until first part is added to stir-fry veg (it will need to be re-stirred just before adding to the wok).

After first part has been added to the wok and has coated the veg then add the second part then bring it back to the boil to thicken the sauce then serve immediately.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 12/28/2022 at 7:36 AM, Mickep said:

Struth, Classic, it's charred to a cinder. 🤣🔥

Yeah, I think we need to have a Coopers Community Poll.  Everyone put their hands up and vote.

Does @Classic Brewing Co need to re-learn how to cook a steak properly (just for us watching at home)?

Medium rare for me too - sorry Phil.  🤣

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2022 at 6:34 AM, jennyss said:

And the dinner invites as well as the pics @jennyss😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/27/2022 at 11:34 PM, Mickep said:

Geez, I dunno Sainter, love me home made horseradish on a a bit of Rump steak......

On 12/27/2022 at 11:50 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I love horseradish also heaps of cracked black pepper, hot English or even a pepper gravy in a jug on the side.

Yeah, me too for the horsradish but mainly on roast beef. I quite like minced garlic though.

I do make a pepper or morell sauce for fillet steak. TBH fillet is not the "tastiest" of meats, you mainly get it for the texture. So a sauce is OK with it.

If it's a well-marbled rib-eye you don't want anything at all of it (well, mustard, horseradish or the garlic) as the fat flavours it enough. But then Phil doesn't like any fat; I prefer it rendered all the same.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stquinto said:

. But then Phil doesn't like any fat; I prefer it rendered all the same.

I am a fat phobic too but rendered adds flavour and satisfaction rather than just the meat.  A little fat makes for a better steak IMO.

• Like 3