Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

46 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Crispy Skin Salmon n Veg - had not yet served up the home-made Tartare Snorse which is missing from the picture my apologies ; )

image.thumb.png.89205c0754e5b2d490d3f72ed493ca31.png

Looks great mate and healthy too.

So, Pezzy dear mate,  without the dreaded carbs included in this delicious offering - how many of these meals do you have to eat a day before you feel - well - full ....asking for a friend 😂 who might be contemplating a carb free diet as of the 1st Jan.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mickep said:

...asking for a friend 😂

@Mickep  My Dr has wagged her finger at me, and said 'you must lose weight'. With a mash-up diet of reduced carbs (think bread, rice, pasta) and reduced sugar (no more cordial and reduced grog intake), and skipping breakfast several times a week, or just having a cup-a-soup, I have lost 5 kilos and have another 10 to go. Oh, and more exercise too. I aim to get to my target weight by Christmas 2023. I have got used to the changed eating patterns; and I do love my veggies. Tell your friend they can do it! Oh, and one more thing; it is so good when your clothes aren't so tight lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mickep said:

without the dreaded carbs included in this delicious offering - how many of these meals do you have to eat a day before you feel - well - full ....asking for a friend

Haha Gold @Mickep young Michael!!!

Look it is a troublesome game us H_sapiens we are pretty keen on the old carbs no doubt... built in genetically for survival.

But the festive protein and loadsa non-carb veg n salad really does fill yer up...

I probably eat as much salad as a whole family would eat... but honestly good proteins also do fill yer up...

Just gotta give it a go mate I think : )

But in the big scheme of things... if yer wanna reduce weight BP Chol etc all that stuff... then eating a whole chook a day (minus the hot chips) don't help either... : \

So somehow one does need to commit to reducing the overall intake... at least for some of the time... 

But just cutting the carbs for a start can be a good thing and I reckon is worth a crack.

I just spent a lot of time off meat and off grogs and didna get much payback... so coupled w lower volume and no carbs then got a bit more of a health kickback... 

Cheers and Happy New Year All : )

Pezzza Mountain Brewing

PS there is probably a loaf of bread equivalent in every glass of PMB Beer so there is a bit of a disconnect there too sorry : \

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I have got used to the changed eating patterns

Mate just sensational!!!

Well done @jennyss great stuff really well done.

And another small challenge....  maybe.... not any good for some:

But one day a week... fasting...

Fluids a must... yeah... lots of water and herbal tea if you are into it... 

Can really accelerate things and really makes you aware of food and how amazing it can taste... and beer ; )

But for some it is not an option... 

• Like 3

This was our New Year’s Eve offerings. My lad came back from visiting the outlaws in Ireland with some contraband meat 😉

It’s a pity they didn’t give him the meat in one piece, I could have cooked it in the oven with the reverse sear. I had to cook it on the cast iron griddle, 30 seconds each side, twice (so a minute each side). At the risk of Phil getting an attack of the vapours, it was even slightly too blue for me 😆

These Gillardeau oysters are top notch for French ones, but number 2s are pretty meaty (and blaardy hard to open!)

33F77273-ED08-4910-8498-5507DF03F638.jpeg

72259AC3-422D-4EA8-B913-015B233B3112.jpeg

B00BE30F-0A59-4CD3-8134-B8E16B42E9F0.jpeg

7976A51E-3D27-4F5A-8E5B-C069C73E5A72.jpeg

5A3C6674-17FB-4F5A-A43B-7546B5659F60.jpeg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, stquinto said:

This was our New Year’s Eve offerings. My lad came back from visiting the outlaws in Ireland with some contraband meat 😉

It’s a pity they didn’t give him the meat in one piece, I could have cooked it in the oven with the reverse sear. I had to cook it on the cast iron griddle, 30 seconds each side, twice (so a minute each side). At the risk of Phil getting an attack of the vapours, it was even slightly too blue for me 😆

These Gillardeau oysters are top notch for French ones, but number 2s are pretty meaty (and blaardy hard to open!)

steak looks perfectly done, and those oysters are amazing 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

They are pretty big Oysters Stquinta, I used to love them but some years ago I had a feed of them in a rural, coastal town & was violently ill, sadly I haven't been game to tackle on since,

But this is just down the beach from me & I have friends & neighbours that frequent it regularly, so I am going to bite the bullet & tackle the bad boys again - I may start with Kilpatrick & sneak of on them. 🦪

The Oyster Bar is just down the beach from me so I will walk down there & try some very soon.

http://www.oysterbar.com.au/

1449102659013_TheOysterBar04-300x0.jpg.d90132098aa1a7956360377b8de78de7.jpg 

20220313_102751.thumb.jpg.afed1ea64513a76b690bc9041b8e25fd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

OK Stquinta, & you thought I wouldn't have mentioned your undercooked steak without highlighting me 🤣 well what can I say, you know what I would say, alright, looks like a nice bottle of red, Cheers for 2023. 🍷

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They are pretty big Oysters Stquinta, I used to love them but some years ago I had a feed of them in a rural, coastal town & was violently ill, sadly I haven't been game to tackle on since,

But this is just down the beach from me & I have friends & neighbours that frequent it regularly, so I am going to bite the bullet & tackle the bad boys again - I may start with Kilpatrick & sneak of on them. 🦪

The Oyster Bar is just down the beach from me so I will walk down there & try some very soon.

http://www.oysterbar.com.au/

1449102659013_TheOysterBar04-300x0.jpg.d90132098aa1a7956360377b8de78de7.jpg 

20220313_102751.thumb.jpg.afed1ea64513a76b690bc9041b8e25fd.jpg

Cheers Phil! When you get a dodgy one, you can’t escape it 🤢 hits you pretty quick too. 
Looks beautiful there, real jealous! 
Have a good one for 2023 mate 👍

PS the red was good - a Rhône Syrah (or Shiraz to you fellas). I saved half of the bottle for a leg of Kiwi lamb I defrosted for tomorrow. Only three of us on 2.2kg so I reckon there’ll be some Shepherd’s pie in the air 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

Cheers Phil! When you get a dodgy one, you can’t escape it 🤢 hits you pretty quick too. 
Looks beautiful there, real jealous! 
Have a good one for 2023 mate 👍

PS the red was good - a Rhône Syrah (or Shiraz to you fellas). I saved half of the bottle for a leg of Kiwi lamb I defrosted for tomorrow. Only three of us on 2.2kg so I reckon there’ll be some Shepherd’s pie in the air 😆

Yes, I can still remember that day, I took this Fräulein to lunch at this Marina, a town called Port Lincoln which is renowned for it's Oysters & Seafood, we started off with a few beers, then a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon & demolished a dozen oysters each, repeated the process, while we were on the third bottle of wine, we decided to share another dozen oysters, not long afterwards I was in the gigantic men's room barfing my intestines out.

You would have thought the wine would have settled things down. 🤔

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Perfectly cooked steak, oysters natural, and some vino - what a perfect combo. You done good Sainter! You know what has to be done. 😂

• Haha 2