Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

I know I paste the same recipes, but I did change the potato style (wedges in the oven with herbs and olive oil)

Paste or post away Sainter ol' mate, your photos of your meals always look restaurant quality mate - straight from a cook book!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may look like a mess, but I can assure you it is very satisfying, the Doc just upped my medication for my shoulder so possibly the beers/wine could be affecting me 🤪 with the prescription tablets but I am looking for a good night's sleep.

Medium Steak, Sausages, Jacket Potatoes, Coleslaw & Red Wine. 🥳

20221208_195246.thumb.jpg.e756de75f7962f2db24cc6e9700b998b.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/26/2022 at 6:16 AM, jennyss said:

Pizza last night. Here is a 'raw' photo - you can see it all - base, tomato paste, grated mozarella, mushroom, olives, capsicum, ham, salami, anchovies; and more mozarella and crumbled fetta on top before it went in the oven. Two slices left over. Definitely in the 'too much is never enough' category.

@jennyssI've been away bush yet again but have been meaning to ask.  

Do you take phone orders?

If I request a half serve of anchovies on that pizza, do you have a delivery service? 😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, stquinto said:

I know I paste the same recipes, but I did change the potato style (wedges in the oven with herbs and olive oil)

Yep baked potato wedges with finely chopped rosemary and heaps of sea salt and EVOO are yum.  Dipped in sour cream with Thai sweet chill sauce stirred though, yum, yum, yum. 😋😋😋

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Meat questions aside Phil, I just poured the oil back into the wine bottles I use, I really lost very little of it. Must be healthy, all the oil come off the chips. I know, don’t kid yer self, but still 🤔

C19CCABE-A570-44DF-9423-2229B6480407.jpeg

That's fine you can re-use it a few times, you will know when it's time to chuck it, it will smell. I have done it especially with chips.

The following tips to reuse your cooking oil are:

• 1. As soon as the oil cools off to handle, sieve it through a clean layer of cloth, paper towels or filter paper to remove food particles.
  • 2. Store it in a clean, transparent jar.
  • 3. Don’t mix it with unused oil and seal the jar tightly.
  • 4. Refrigerate the cooking oil.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That's fine you can re-use it a few times, you will know when it's time to chuck it, it will smell. I have done it especially with chips.

The following tips to reuse your cooking oil are:

• 1. As soon as the oil cools off to handle, sieve it through a clean layer of cloth, paper towels or filter paper to remove food particles.
  • 2. Store it in a clean, transparent jar.
  • 3. Don’t mix it with unused oil and seal the jar tightly.
  • 4. Refrigerate the cooking oil.

Good points mate 👍

I make life a bit easier though: pour the oil back into the wine bottle (screw top bottle, ideally clear glass rather than green) when it’s cooled down a bit, using a sieve if there are bits in it, and back in the cupboard until next chip night. No-one’s got sick so far 😉

I’d like to make beef dripping chips though, but it sets solid so there’s no filtering to be done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Good points mate 👍

I make life a bit easier though: pour the oil back into the wine bottle (screw top bottle, ideally clear glass rather than green) when it’s cooled down a bit, using a sieve if there are bits in it, and back in the cupboard until next chip night. No-one’s got sick so far 😉

I’d like to make beef dripping chips though, but it sets solid so there’s no filtering to be done

The best chips/potatoes are Duck or Goose fat but I reckon you would know that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Veal goulash and spätzle. I reckon you are all getting ready for barbie season, it’s winter here 🥶

Looks fantastic mate. No BBQ's here in Melbourne Sainter, weather's been shizen houzen. In for another Antarctic blast this week. Hopefully the Barbie will get some air time soon. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks fantastic mate. No BBQ's here in Melbourne Sainter, weather's been shizen houzen. In for another Antarctic blast this week. Hopefully the Barbie will get some air time soon. 

Bloomin' weather patterns, it's hard to plan anything, we had 35c in Adelaide yesterday, now it's 22c with rain coming. I can still BBQ as the back veranda comes in handy for that. 🥩

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2022 at 5:29 AM, stquinto said:

Veal goulash and spätzle. I reckon you are all getting ready for barbie season,

Love the sensational Spätzlies Sainter @stquinto and beautiful Goulasch!

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Chicken and seafood stir fry with ye old faithful 2 minute noodles and a lil' Thai cucumber salad.

Beautiful @Mickep young Mick!  

But tho all v taschty I probably yeah shouldn't eat the Spätzle nor the noodles on me low carb thing... 😐

As for Barbies.. Barbie... what Barbie!? 😆

image.thumb.png.d973d43f3a0a6b134e3b681ba9edc690.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Chicken and seafood stir fry with ye old faithful 2 minute noodles and a lil' Thai cucumber salad.

318930470_639165537965497_8527900602412399105_n.jpg

316925874_900175864760455_8068824082460501112_n (1).jpg

Beautiful stuff Mick. YKTD (you know the drill) 🤣

3 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

But tho all v taschty I probably yeah shouldn't eat the Spätzle nor the noodles on me low carb thing... 😐

lovely looking snags there Pezzza, you can join Mick 😂

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

In the words of someone I know mate - Very very festive indeedy! Snaggers look just beautiful. Love me snaggers I do. And not a hint of a carb anywhere - not in the photo anyways. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

318930470_639165537965497_8527900602412399105_n.jpg

316925874_900175864760455_8068824082460501112_n (1).jpg

Beautiful stuff Mick. YKTD (you know the drill) 🤣

3 hours ago, Pezzza said:

lovely looking snags there Pezzza, you can join Mick 😂

• Haha 1