Coopers Community

What is a your Next Purchase?

Beer Baron

When I think my whole beer, brewing and BBQ setup is almost done a new product is released or I research and find something awesome I want to buy. It honestly never ends........

My next purchase is a grain mill and everything that goes with it. 

What is next on your list??

5 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

My next purchase is a grain mill and everything that goes with it. 

Me too.  I bought a Victoria Grain Mill back when I was doing 200-300g grain additions to my kit brews.

s-l500.jpg.abd29958768ff1ff7c8c718def9d4fb2.jpg

It does a great job at that scale, but 4kg of grains takes ages.  Not looking forward to doing 6kg or over for a full batch.  It is not designed to have a power drill attached to the spindle to speed things up either.  Now I wish I had got a proper grain mill for all grain batch sizes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fergy1987 said:

Guten and Guten related accessories. Gotta take the leap and get away from kits. My tightness and fear of the unknown keeps stopping me from clicking buy on the cart.

Update to this yesterday...........Just bought a Guten 😛 And now we play the waiting game!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

No purchases other than ingredients I'm afraid. I just took delivery of a new InkBird and will get a second fridge going on the weekend. SWMBO would take my head clean off, if I bought more gear 😂 Well, maybe a bottling tree and a bottle rinser. I've knocked on the door about this a few times and it seems to be an option 🙂 

7 hours ago, Fergy1987 said:

Update to this yesterday...........Just bought a Guten 😛 And now we play the waiting game!

Good choice 🙂 I have one as a xmas pressie, so haven't used it yet. It's really hard not to 🙂 But because it is also a b'day present, I'll start using in in about 3 weeks time. I can't wait any longer.

• Like 1

I looked at both too, however due to my fifo lifestyle it’ll be too hard to distill water and feel comfortable that there isn’t water all through my house wrecking my timber floors while I’m gone. 
So a couple of hundred in the water chem bucket is safe assurance 

Just now, Ben 10 said:

What you buying? Still loving my GT Sanction from a few years ago.

Nice!!! Not quite sure yet, looking at a specialized or a giant, only because I can buy them locally. 
tossing up dual shocks or hard tail, I’m going towards dual shocks. 
it’s a bit of a thing where I can ride with my young fella, as I’m a bit scared of the downhill stuff again as a few years ago being an idiot I very nearly broke my back. 
It took me over two years to get over it. Still have small issues now but mostly over it nearly 5 years later

I have a GT Avalanche Sport hardtail. Entry level but does the job for a scaredy cat like me.

I used to do a little road cycling and only just started riding mountain bikes. It is so much more fun. I live across the road from the bush which has heaps of tracks.

Edited by Hairy
  • Like 1

Just now, Hairy said:

The ride may kill you first.

We’ve got some pretty awesome rides here in the SW of WA. Some are mental. There’s a few in Balingup that would test the world elite.

One thing I’d love to do is ride the Cape to Cape. Just casually not racing like what’s on every year, those guys are nuts. 
No one likes riding a bike on a beach.......