Otto Von Blotto

What's in your fermenter? 2019

2 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

+1. Love this yeast and 20C is a great temp for it. Dont listen to the naysayers who deride it. Its a great yeast.

I used to be one of those naysayers! Haha!....until I learned better.

There's an old saying..."Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I have a modern twist on that...

Hell hath no fury like a home brewer whose yeast fails! 🤣

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Lusty, I'll post the recipe I made on Saturday tomorrow if I remember. The grist contains 200g medium crystal, 50g Caraaroma for a hint of what it brings, and 30g chocolate malt for a more reddish colour. I've used a similar grist a few times before and you don't get any flavour from the darker roasted grains in those sorts of amounts, but you do get the colour without having to use shitloads of lighter crystal type malts such as carared. I could also use roasted barley or black patent, and probably have previously. 

Once it's on tap I'll post the usual picture so you can check out the colour. Looks pretty good in the hydro sample though. 

OVB.... if you remember 😝 can you post that recipe - would be great to see it ; )

35 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

OVB.... if you remember 😝 can you post that recipe - would be great to see it ; )

Left the internet antenna thingy for that computer at the old house, only picked it up this morning 😂 I'll get to it soon enough

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Left the internet antenna thingy for that computer at the old house, only picked it up this morning 😂 I'll get to it soon enough

Thanks mate all good.

Moving house is a huge pain in the @#$% despite the benefits...

Got rooms full of boxes meself at the minute : |

Had to use me dolly trolley to shift all the boxes out of the larder to get at me FV to do the bottling on Thursday night just gone 😜

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I left it behind because the internet hadn't been connected here yet. 

There's still a few things at the old place but next weekend we will be taking what's left, and doing a clean. And no more dealing with real estate and inspections and all that shit again. 

• Like 1