Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

6 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Pale Man gotta love those hotel/motel glasses staying in one myself before storm vs broncos.

20230511_175447.jpg

I remember those only too well, in the door of the fridge wrapped in a paper bag for your orange juice, after years of travelling I learnt to carry my own mini bar, which consisted of a variety of glasses from home that catered for all occasions.

I am not a tight a*** but I also had a few beers & wine bottles for back up as some of the prices in the outback areas are atrocious.

There is nothing worse in a motel room when you can't find a corkscrew/opener & the only thing to drink out of is a tumbler glass or a coffee cup.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Should have nicked the glass Paley & you would have had a decent drink, what I am I saying - I would never do that. 😬

Yeah, there is absolutely no way that Hobgoblin glass Squinta posted the other day would have found it's way home with me.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kegory said:

Yeah, there is absolutely no way that Hobgoblin glass Squinta posted the other day would have found it's way home with me.

Ironic you should mention that but it nearly went into a handbag. For once the bar staff bothered to come found and clear up the tables 😳

• Haha 3

A couple of after golf Furphy's at the Rose & Shamrock

IMG_20230512_153422243.thumb.jpg.9382868adffc6f8231a07923c9604bd0.jpg

while waiting for Future Mountain across the road to open.

IMG_20230512_163216499.thumb.jpg.aef38cc7a87086fd7890ee80266f17c6.jpg

Silhouette 2020 Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial Oatmeal Stout and a sample of the Silhouette 2022 Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels.

IMG_20230512_162611279.thumb.jpg.cc625acd68f11c9da1a2b9a47ae8c59e.jpg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks like it's going to be a great place.

They're struggling. Great beers, awesome craftsmanship but a lack of custom at that location. They're surviving on sales of bottled product. Still for sale AFAIK.

Had a bit of a chat with one of the partners, about aging stouts and their processes and stuff. Very interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, Kegory said:

They're struggling. Great beers, awesome craftsmanship but a lack of custom at that location. They're surviving on sales of bottled product. Still for sale AFAIK.

Had a bit of a chat with one of the partners, about aging stouts and their processes and stuff. Very interesting.

Sounds like they need to do a bit of marketing/promotion, trouble is by engaging an expert it can be very expensive, but of course a little bit of local knowledge helps. Approaching it in an old foolproof way is to hold an open day & invite people to come in for a free drink & let them know you are there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sounds like they need to do a bit of marketing/promotion, trouble is by engaging an expert it can be very expensive, but of course a little bit of local knowledge helps. Approaching it in an old foolproof way is to hold an open day & invite people to come in for a free drink & let them know you are there.

He spoke a little about that. They sponsored the local indie radio station, gave discounts to their subscribers, had live music. IMO their biggest problem is the location. The clientele they're making beer for don't travel that far north of Bell St.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:16 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

There is nothing worse in a motel room when you can't find a corkscrew/opener & the only thing to drink out of is a tumbler glass or a coffee cup.

We have probably all got memories of making do in country motel rooms, whether it's drink or food or blankets or dodgy air conditioning!

• Like 6

IMG_0647.thumb.jpg.8907c1034af87ed70dc8b22cf9702d0d.jpg

rover gilbert rd lager from hawkers brewery via the work fridge of christmas goodies in a frosty glass.

actually a really good beer for knock off o'clock, not too potent in flavour or ABV, went down a treat TBH

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jennyss said:

We have probably all got memories of making do in country motel rooms, whether it's drink or food or blankets or dodgy air conditioning!

Oh yeah, I totally agree, when there are insects the can of spray is empty, the globe in the bed lamp is blown, the TV remote doesn't work, the list goes on, but I used to carry a lot of stuff in my travels from beer/wine glasses to blankets, electrical appliances, even cookware & utensils, at least I knew they were clean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_0647.thumb.jpg.8907c1034af87ed70dc8b22cf9702d0d.jpg

rover gilbert rd lager from hawkers brewery via the work fridge of christmas goodies in a frosty glass.

actually a really good beer for knock off o'clock, not too potent in flavour or ABV, went down a treat TBH

Yeah, Hawkers make good beers. They are located dangerously close to my house.